• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how do I value my submissions?

5 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Hello Bill,

You should value them for what you believe they are worth.  We need this information for insurance reasons.  Just like when you ship the coins to us, you will place value on them for insurance/shipping.

I hope that helped.

Lisa

On 9/15/2022 at 6:45 PM, Bill Wynn said:

I just sent in my first submission and I was a bit confused about how to value my coins...how can I know if it has not been graded yet?  I appreciate any responses or tips...thanks

You should value the coins at the price you paid for them.   In the unfortunate event that the coins are lost that is the only proof that you can provide to the shipping carrier you ship with.   If you are blessed with high grades from NGC and the coins would now be worth more in the market than you paid for them, you can then contact customer service (prior to the coins leaving NGC) and have them increase the value (and pay the subsequent higher insurance cost) for the return trip to you.

thanks for the reply Coinbuf...I have never bought any coins, I just have what I get in bank rolls or pocket change....thanks also for the tip about contacting NGC after they are graded...much appreciated, Bill Wynn