• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your 5 cent pieces.
2 2

801 posts in this topic

On 9/16/2022 at 2:23 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

image.png

I should like to single out this truly splendid coin as displaying a notably superior character. All the edges and denticles are intact. Of particular note are the fluted "columns" comprising the I I I, or denomination of the coin. I know of one other comparable example, a shield nickel dated slightly older which, too, features a pristine surface within the "shield" which I urged member @tigerbait  to submit which found favor with NGC graders good enough to post recently, returned with an exceptionally high grade, which I would hope he would consider honoring us with a post here. If one were to consider all the things that could have occurred to the I I I-cent piece with a nickel alloy over the course of 1-1/2 centuries, it is truly remarkable none has. Outstanding example, NN!

(thumbsu

Edited by Quintus Arrius
Die polishing to enhance readability.

On 9/18/2022 at 5:53 PM, Buffalo Head said:

DSC_0012 (2).JPG

Question for your friend and mine from Alabama: No over-the-road-trip necessary. This member's taste is impeccable, his photography skills top-shelf, and his bison is above reproach. No need to travel, right? I am sure he would be amenable to supplying you with an affidavit attesting to its pristine clean edge. How 'bout it?  :baiting: :roflmao: 

On 9/16/2022 at 2:21 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

[Now that the thundering herd of bison has passed, what is the arrow on the reverse @ 10 o' clock pointing to?]