• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which 1894-S Dime?

4 posts in this topic

TDN mentioned that David Lawrence is offering an 1894-S dime.

On the roster of the nine coins known, which one is now for sale? If it is MS65, wouldn't it be among the three finest known? $ 750,000 does not seem too aggressive for this coin.

It is the coin bought by Spectrum in 1992 (?) for just under $200k. I offered $450k sight unseen for the coin a few months ago when it was still in the old PCGS PF64 holder. If I had seen the coin in person, I would have gone higher. The toning is outstanding and, IMO, the only reason it's not a 66 is a tiny planchet flaw or strike thru on the obverse at 10 o'clock.

I couldn't say what value is appropriate. But, as they say when a value is too low - "find me another"!!!

TDN,

Is the subject of our phone conversation not too long ago? I couldn't remember which super-rarity gave you one of my physical reactions!

BTW, call me if you want to chat about the Queller stuff.

EVP