• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Banknotes
1 1

7 posts in this topic

On 9/11/2022 at 11:17 AM, World_banknote_collector said:

Is this forum good for discussing banknotes / paper money collecting and related topics?

The PMG Forum (Paper Money Guaranty, sister company to NGC) is located here. https://boards.pmgnotes.com/ 

Pretty dead over there usually but that's where we talk banknotes. Look forward to seeing you over there. (thumbsu

On 9/11/2022 at 8:17 AM, World_banknote_collector said:

Is this forum good for discussing banknotes / paper money collecting and related topics?

Welcome to the forum, this section of the forum is for selling coins, Mike has provided a link for you to the proper location where you can post and discuss notes.

On 9/12/2022 at 2:21 PM, World_banknote_collector said:

Is coin collecting more popular than banknote collecting?

Yes.

On 9/12/2022 at 2:21 PM, World_banknote_collector said:

If so by how much?

Hard to say but I'd guess at least 2:1 and that's probably being optimistic. I'm sure everyone on this forum has a few banknotes in their collections but it seems that only a few actively collect paper.

It's great to hear that someone else had a similar experience to mine. Collecting coins can be a fun hobby, and it's even better when it can help with something as significant as paying off student debt. In my case, I was able to sell some rare coins that I had collected over the years, and the money I earned went straight towards my student loans. It was a relief to see that number go down a bit faster than it would have otherwise. But beyond just the financial benefit, I also found that collecting coins was a great way to learn about history and culture. Each coin has its own story and symbolism, and it was fascinating to research and learn about different countries and periods of time through the coins they produced. It even inspired me to write about it. You can go here https://graduateway.com/essay-examples/the-crucible/ if it sounds interesting to you. Overall, I'm grateful for the experience of collecting coins and the help it provided me in paying off my student debt. It's definitely something I would recommend to others as both a hobby and a potential source of income.

Edited by Nicolas Larson