• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quick! Banned content!
3 3

139 posts in this topic

On 9/29/2022 at 9:28 AM, Quintus Arrius said:

[Probably the one and only time members get to see this coin the way they saw them in their youth.]

I think I've found about 20 of those in my local cull box. Does it make sense for a coin dealer to have 1943 steel cents in their cull box? Sure, why not. Right? Anyway. As a kid you notice things are different, and i noticed a wheat back and kept it. And do that till this day. When i started finding stuff in the worst cull box ever, i noticed that some cents stick to a magnet for some reason. Did a little Google research and walla, steel cent. I had actually had one in my collection from childhood. Funny how that works. 

Edited by CoinJockey73

On 9/28/2022 at 10:20 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

Out there.  See, this somewhat rowdy gentleman presents a dilemma to me, in real time.  I left the hobby when they took silver out of coins.  There was nothing left to be found in change.  @CoinJockey73effectively turned my decision on its head.  In a sense, I feel by example he is gently mocking me, perhaps teasing is a better word:  "Hey Q.A!  Whadja leave for?" [What did I leave for if someone is finding silver every day?]  Of course, he can't really be teasing me because he does not know me.  But I sit there shaking my head and everything he posts leaves me incredulous.  Hence, my post stating "I do not believe for one moment you are just finding that stuff wherever you say you are."  The stash, or cache, is a classified secret. As long as we don't know the source, we cannot shrug him off.  Oh, members ignore him, but clandestinely monitor his thread.  I appreciate the entertainment factor.  With this kind of spunk, there is no Sleepy Hollow. Besides, maybe there is room for those who march to a different drum.  We got a great deal of negativity from the NVS&G guy; with CoinJockey, we get a healthy dose of rambunctiousness. There's room enough for all, and as Burgess Meredith said, Time Enough At Last.  🐓 

I do get what CoinJockey’s “thing” is. It is just soooooo diametrically opposed to what my “thing” is. I don’t care about junked up circulation coins, and I suspect you don’t either. In fact I have two pieces of hard evidence that you don’t. We both know what you’re into, and if I’ve said it once here, I’ve said it 20 times, I am an unrepentant “condition snob with frequent flyer tendencies”. I go places to see and acquire things I can’t get or see in Northern Alabama, whether that’s York, PA or York, England, CNG’s Lancaster, PA office or their Bloomsbury London, England office. 
Berlin, NJ or Berlin, Germany. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 9/29/2022 at 12:05 PM, VKurtB said:

I do get what CoinJockey’s “thing” is. It is just soooooo diametrically opposed to what my “thing” is. I don’t care about junked up circulation coins, and I suspect you don’t either. In fact I have two pieces of hard evidence that you don’t. We both know what you’re into, and if I’ve said it once here, I’ve said it 20 times, I am an unrepentant “condition snob with frequent flyer tendencies”. I go places to see and acquire things I can’t get or see in Northern Alabama, whether that’s York, PA or York, England, CNG’s Lancaster, PA office or their Bloomsbury London, England office. 
Berlin, NJ or Berlin, Germany. 

...dont forget Arab Al or Arab Abu Farda...prob more coins in 'bama though...prob more camels in Farda though....

On 9/29/2022 at 1:42 PM, VKurtB said:

and Yabba Dabba Doo, too. 

...jesting aside ur original point is on center, true numismatists go wherever it is to at least see n hold the coins they seek in person n if possible purchase them, the journey is a vital part of the acquisition...actual participation is a vital part of the hobby....

On 9/29/2022 at 2:19 PM, zadok said:

...actual participation is a vital part of the hobby....

For me, it’s the only part that really makes it fun. The only “screen” I have at present is the smallest iPhone. I don’t even own a working computer. If I were trapped into doing numismatics online, I’d REALLY REALLY HATE numismatics. 

Q.A.:  I can't believe this guy sued us in Federal District Court ! [E.D.N.Y. - Central Islip, N.Y.] 

🐓:  He said all "our" questions regarding the alleged source of his coins was making him "nervous."

Q.A.:  He seeks compensatory + punitive damages! Unprecedented!

(Meanwhile, back in court):

Counsel for C.J.:  Objection!  Immaterial.

Counsel for 🐓 :  Your  Honor, if I may, this speaks to credibility.  Plaintiff rests his entire case on the unproven and otherwise unsubstantiated notion that his coin "finds," or accumulation, representative of an extinct, if not obsolete, endangered species of coins, many bearing silver  content, can be found by anyone so inclined, residing out in the open, in its natural habitat at an unspecified location, ripe for the pickings. This is fantasy of the most pernicious kind permeating, nay infecting, the psyches of impressionable newbies, that is, coin collectors new to the hobby, with the fantastical thought that the expressly impossible is somehow possible.  

The COURT:  OBJECTION  OVERRULED! 

Counsel for C.J:  But, your Honor!

The COURT:  I have already ruled, Counselor. You are out of order!  Another outburst like that and you will be held in contempt.

Q.A.:  Whew, that was a close one, Ricky. We're in like Flint. What do we do now?

🐓 Go back to the playground (NGC) where we are always welcomed with open arms.  :golfclap: :roflmao:

Edited by Quintus Arrius
Edited lightly at Plaintiff's request.

A Sampling of Reviews... 

-"possibly the greatest of all time posts this member has ever written."

-"clearly falls short of being a meaningful contribution to the body of numismatic knowledge."

-"Kudos to NGC for publishing it."

-"I believe I have made my feelings known as regarding this member. he is clearly out of order."

-"No comment."

-"Love that talking rooster!"

-"What is the court case docket number?"

-"This guy is just what the NGC Chat Board needs... I am renewing my membership."

This'll be my last post. You guys got me, the jig is up. 

There's nothing special about my "finds". They're from a local coin dealer's cull box. That and an old family junk drawer. Hope you all don't feel too deceived, but due to the shame of all this, i won't be back.

Big mystery over, and i hope my little 6 week stint was quick. Sorry for the horrific charade. I'm really a terrible person. Oh well! Bye!

On 9/29/2022 at 12:05 PM, VKurtB said:

.... I don’t care about junked up circulation coins, and I suspect you don’t either. In fact I have two pieces of hard evidence that you don’t. We both know what you’re into,....

🐓:  Hard evidence?  Another lawsuit?

Q.A.:  Relax, Ricky!  This member is one of the more gifted writers on the Forum.  :roflmao:

On 9/30/2022 at 4:49 AM, CoinJockey73 said:

This'll be my last post. You guys got me, the jig is up. 

Q.A.:  You give up too easily!  C'mon back.  All is forgiven.  :whistle:

So this guy was lying the whole time about his pics being “from circulation” because they were from a dealer’s cull box? Am I reading this correctly? And you want him back? Surely I must be missing something. Educate me. And no, I do not subscribe to the idea that more volume of posts is always better. Lying about stuff when newbies are around us in volume is ALWAYS evil. Truth telling is the essential ingredient in what we do here. Or am I missing it?

On 10/19/2022 at 7:45 PM, VKurtB said:

So this guy was lying the whole time about his pics being “from circulation” because they were from a dealer’s cull box? Am I reading this correctly? And you want him back? Surely I must be missing something. Educate me. And no, I do not subscribe to the idea that more volume of posts is always better. Lying about stuff when newbies are around us in volume is ALWAYS evil. Truth telling is the essential ingredient in what we do here. Or am I missing it?

He was kidding!

He was just tired of being told that he was buying the stuff.

I know how he gets his finds, and they are legit

On 11/9/2022 at 2:20 PM, Frank said:

.... I know how he gets his finds, and they are legit.

If that be true, why the "nervousness"?  What's there to be concerned about?  Why hasn't he made a triumphant comeback?

Enquiring minds want to know.

On 11/9/2022 at 2:34 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

If that be true, why the "nervousness"?  What's there to be concerned about?  Why hasn't he made a triumphant comeback?

Enquiring minds want to know.

I have no idea