• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quick! Banned content!
3 3

139 posts in this topic

I would like to thank @charley over on CT for updating my old thread! It's much appreciated (thank you!). And while it may have found a new temporary home over here on NGC, my heart will always be over on CT. The people over there, the site, i miss it all. While this place is allowing me to post up my finds, the membership is rather blah, other than the good friends here whom i correspond with off board and off site. some so kindly came over here to say hi, and check my new updates, thanks guys. CT is way more lively, not so crypt-like, well, museum-like, if you must. You guys know me, i think I'm a little too loud for this site. Gotta tone it down. So I miss CT dearly. I used to email them once a week to say hello, ask forgiveness. Never heard back, so i stopped. I miss the people. I miss the camaraderie. You see my thread here? Ever hear of the book The Dead Zone? Yeah, he was talking about my NGC thread (no offense! I'm starting to get used to the void). People here are super serious, which i respect, so I'm pretty sure I'm on a bunch of people's ignore button already, which i respect. But their loss. These threads will be prolific in the anals of garbage coin finding history. That's right, i said it, and I'll say it again, the anals of garbage coin finding HISTORY! Literally. Thank you. Mic drop. 

What does "days won" mean? I was checking to see how many points i have accumulated, oh boy, and i saw I've "won" 4 days. What if i don't want to win? Content has been edited so actual point total can't be seen. 

Screenshot_20220901-121003_DuckDuckGo.thumb.jpg.9a133b05d30ed06a29ad4a3aa14664fa.jpg

Man, someone graffito tagged my post! This neighborhood is getting worse and worse. 

Anyone know what that days won is? Thanks! 

On 8/31/2022 at 2:19 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

Don't get so excited ya heathens.

I was banned from CT on March 10 before i could post this find. I should have started documenting sooner, but thought this site was a bit stuffy at first, but thanks to members like @Quintus Arrius, i see this site is pretty cool too. So here's the dime that got me banned, and every other find up till when i started the very popular thread about my daily finds. Hold on to your butts, this is going to take forever. Just think, my daily finds thread isn't a month old yet and it's 12 pages. I have 5 months of finds to post. Oh well, NGC luvs the positive attention

20220310_113745.thumb.jpg.ac73846bc8db4cc63db0bf2c9166d967.jpg20220310_113737.thumb.jpg.fad7d6ac3a673e4e6ad2ffebf5f09eda.jpg

@Lem E, i was gonna hit you up over there to see if this qualified as a circam. On second opinion, it does not. Just looks awful. 

okay, so why the heck did you get banned?

On 9/1/2022 at 2:26 PM, Frank said:

okay, so why the heck did you get banned?

That was a joke. You remember, we've spoken on the phone, at length about the ban. I still have no idea. That's right everyone, this guy is a famous author, and we speak on the phone, a dirtbag like me. Yup. Famous. Author. 

On 8/31/2022 at 1:19 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

Don't get so excited ya heathens.

I was banned from CT on March 10 before i could post this find. I should have started documenting sooner, but thought this site was a bit stuffy at first, but thanks to members like @Quintus Arrius, i see this site is pretty cool too. So here's the dime that got me banned, and every other find up till when i started the very popular thread about my daily finds. Hold on to your butts, this is going to take forever. Just think, my daily finds thread isn't a month old yet and it's 12 pages. I have 5 months of finds to post. Oh well, NGC luvs the positive attention

20220310_113745.thumb.jpg.ac73846bc8db4cc63db0bf2c9166d967.jpg20220310_113737.thumb.jpg.fad7d6ac3a673e4e6ad2ffebf5f09eda.jpg

@Lem E, i was gonna hit you up over there to see if this qualified as a circam. On second opinion, it does not. Just looks awful. 

What is it about this that got you banned on CT? 

Never mind. I know. It was an arbitrary and capricious decision by Doug, just like everyone else. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 9/1/2022 at 4:10 PM, VKurtB said:

What is it about this that got you banned on CT? 

Never mind. I know. It was an arbitrary and capricious decision by Doug, just like everyone else. 

Thanks for checking in. That didn't actually get me banned. It's the only coin i found on the day of my banning and didn't get to post it. Figured I'd start things off with my "banned dime", boo hoo! I'm not complaining anymore. Coming over here got me connected with you, @Quintus Arrius (where is he, btw? Haven't seen him all day), @The Neophyte Numismatist, @Just Bob, bunch of good people over here I'm happy to know. Only good things to come. 

On 9/1/2022 at 4:31 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

Thanks for checking in. That didn't actually get me banned. It's the only coin i found on the day of my banning and didn't get to post it. Figured I'd start things off with my "banned dime", boo hoo! I'm not complaining anymore. Coming over here got me connected with you, @Quintus Arrius (where is he, btw? Haven't seen him all day), @The Neophyte Numismatist, @Just Bob, bunch of good people over here I'm happy to know. Only good things to come. 

QA is dealing with some health issues - he’ll recover. A fall and a respiratory thing. 

On 9/1/2022 at 6:19 PM, VKurtB said:

QA is dealing with some health issues - he’ll recover. A fall and a respiratory thing. 

Yes, thank you. @Quintus Arriusand i are becoming fast friends, off the forums. We go back and forth all day. He's quite the cunning linguist, as we've all seen here. Quite the way with words, that young fella. Anyway. Thank you for the update. You were mentioned on my thread over on CT! You used to be famous over here, now you're infamous over there. You're welcome :wink:

There’s more than one way to serve the interest of growing this hobby. Kissing the butts of rank newbies who know nothing does NOT need to be part of the package. Making them take responsibility, however, DOES!

On 9/1/2022 at 8:39 PM, VKurtB said:

CT can bite me. Clear enough? Tell THEM I won the ANA’s Glenn Smedley Award this year. 

Crystal! That made me laugh out loud! 

Yo! CoinTalk, you know who this is. You hear that? Not only have you banned me, but you banned the @VKurtB, this years winner of the ANA's Glen Smedley award. You hear that? Glen Smedley. You messed up bra. 

I got yo back playa.

Edited by CoinJockey73

On 9/1/2022 at 8:48 PM, VKurtB said:

There’s more than one way to serve the interest of growing this hobby. Kissing the butts of rank newbies who know nothing does NOT need to be part of the package. Making them take responsibility, however, DOES!

No one is kissing my butt! I'm just trying to keep things light and interesting. But you are correct, i am a rank newbie who don't know nothing about nothing. 

On 9/1/2022 at 7:50 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

No one is kissing my butt! I'm just trying to keep things light and interesting. But you are correct, i am a rank newbie who don't know nothing about nothing. 

You have your thing, and that’s fine. You aren’t one of the “get rich quick” wackjobs. 

On 9/1/2022 at 8:52 PM, VKurtB said:

You have your thing, and that’s fine. You aren’t one of the “get rich quick” wackjobs. 

Certainly not one of those. I do take what i do, what i represent, quite seriously. I just hope people get a smile out of what's still out there. 

On 9/1/2022 at 7:59 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

Certainly not one of those. I do take what i do, what i represent, quite seriously. I just hope people get a smile out of what's still out there. 

Depends. Out where?

On 9/1/2022 at 10:57 AM, CoinJockey73 said:

I would like to thank @charley over on CT for updating my old thread! It's much appreciated (thank you!). And while it may have found a new temporary home over here on NGC, my heart will always be over on CT. The people over there, the site, i miss it all. While this place is allowing me to post up my finds, the membership is rather blah, other than the good friends here whom i correspond with off board and off site. some so kindly came over here to say hi, and check my new updates, thanks guys. CT is way more lively, not so crypt-like, well, museum-like, if you must. You guys know me, i think I'm a little too loud for this site. Gotta tone it down. So I miss CT dearly. I used to email them once a week to say hello, ask forgiveness. Never heard back, so i stopped. I miss the people. I miss the camaraderie. You see my thread here? Ever hear of the book The Dead Zone? Yeah, he was talking about my NGC thread (no offense! I'm starting to get used to the void). People here are super serious, which i respect, so I'm pretty sure I'm on a bunch of people's ignore button already, which i respect. But their loss. These threads will be prolific in the anals of garbage coin finding history. That's right, i said it, and I'll say it again, the anals of garbage coin finding HISTORY! Literally. Thank you. Mic drop. 

An amazing thing to which to aspire. 

On 9/2/2022 at 4:38 PM, VKurtB said:

Set your standards low, you'll never be disappointed. Did you find anything amazing this week? I sure did :wink:. Enjoy your holiday weekend, my friend in numismatics.

On 9/2/2022 at 4:38 PM, VKurtB said:

[Forgive me, Kurt!  Ha! Ha! Ha!  I had no idea you both were formally introduced!  I never saw this thread but suspected I was missing, how you say,  je ne sais quoi, that unfathomable something.  NGC moderation is fantastic with a vast arsenal of tools at their disposal.  To quieten me down, they collectively decided, in their infinite wisdom, to simply disengage my notifications!  What I don't see cannot hurt me, I guess the reasoning goes. I am serving a life sentence on the "Next unread topic" line, in installments, not knowing what the next peck will bring. Man I love this place!  All the best!]  :roflmao:

On 9/1/2022 at 9:00 PM, VKurtB said:

Depends. Out where?

Out there.  See, this somewhat rowdy gentleman presents a dilemma to me, in real time.  I left the hobby when they took silver out of coins.  There was nothing left to be found in change.  @CoinJockey73effectively turned my decision on its head.  In a sense, I feel by example he is gently mocking me, perhaps teasing is a better word:  "Hey Q.A!  Whadja leave for?" [What did I leave for if someone is finding silver every day?]  Of course, he can't really be teasing me because he does not know me.  But I sit there shaking my head and everything he posts leaves me incredulous.  Hence, my post stating "I do not believe for one moment you are just finding that stuff wherever you say you are."  The stash, or cache, is a classified secret. As long as we don't know the source, we cannot shrug him off.  Oh, members ignore him, but clandestinely monitor his thread.  I appreciate the entertainment factor.  With this kind of spunk, there is no Sleepy Hollow. Besides, maybe there is room for those who march to a different drum.  We got a great deal of negativity from the NVS&G guy; with CoinJockey, we get a healthy dose of rambunctiousness. There's room enough for all, and as Burgess Meredith said, Time Enough At Last.  🐓 

On 9/28/2022 at 11:20 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

Out there.  See, this somewhat rowdy gentleman presents a dilemma to me, in real time.  I left the hobby when they took silver out of coins.  There was nothing left to be found in change.  @CoinJockey73effectively turned my decision on its head.  In a sense, I feel by example he is gently mocking me, perhaps teasing is a better word:  "Hey Q.A!  Whadja leave for?" [What did I leave for if someone is finding silver every day?]  Of course, he can't really be teasing me because he does not know me.  But I sit there shaking my head and everything he posts leaves me incredulous.  Hence, my post stating "I do not believe for one moment you are just finding that stuff wherever you say you are."  The stash, or cache, is a classified secret. As long as we don't know the source, we cannot shrug him off.  Oh, members ignore him, but clandestinely monitor his thread.  I appreciate the entertainment factor.  With this kind of spunk, there is no Sleepy Hollow. Besides, maybe there is room for those who march to a different drum.  We got a great deal of negativity from the NVS&G guy; with CoinJockey, we get a healthy dose of rambunctiousness. There's room enough for all, and as Burgess Meredith said, Time Enough At Last.  🐓 

Very sweet, thank you. That being said, as we all know, I'm no longer posting pictures of finds from the worst cull box on the planet, cull box? Really? The desperation is palpable. Anyway, very kind. No pics, but I'll leave you with more words of wisdom from the site's once most exciting poster...