• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do I have a problem ?
1 1

15 posts in this topic

On 8/14/2022 at 6:08 PM, Ohnoimbroke said:

I'm new to coin collecting. I have been collecting old graded star notes . I find myself looking at my stuff daily . Same box of notes , Now graded coins . Is that normal ? I can't seem to keep my hands off 

Enjoy them.  They're not investments, they're a hobby.

I like to look at my premium bills and coins every now-and-then, too. (thumbsu

After you've been at this for a while, you'll end up with all kinds of stuff in drawers and boxes.  Whenever I go looking for something, I always end up spending a lot longer than I thought because I keep finding something I forgot about.  Such is life.

I need to dig out some proof sets and I know there are some cool Canadian mint products from the 90s in those boxes, but I forget what's all there.  I can see myself taking extra time to go through them. :whee: :banana:

On 8/14/2022 at 6:08 PM, Ohnoimbroke said:

I'm new to coin collecting. I have been collecting old graded star notes . I find myself looking at my stuff daily . Same box of notes , Now graded coins . Is that normal ? I can't seem to keep my hands off 

You're good. I leave stuff out on the table on purpose, so i can gaze in wide wonder, at the joy they had found. The head nurse spoke up, said leave this one alone! She could tell right away, i was bad to the bone. Oops, sorry, my mind drifts, and when the word "gaze" popped into my head, so did George Thorogood. Anyway, you're good. Welcome! 

On 8/14/2022 at 7:17 PM, Ohnoimbroke said:

Thanks for the welcome . The last post was soo funny . Ha ha ha . How true . She can't stand coins or notes . 

Give her a little time. My wife can't stand the coins, but she comes home with ☆ notes, now. Again, welcome.