• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sorry . Duplicate 1966 Quarter error. Help needed
1 1

15 posts in this topic

Hello folks . I have searched Google and error.ref ect . Can someone please help me . I have a 1966 Quarter with obverse struck through capped die . Does anyone have a clue on the value ? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you .IMG_20220810_141113.thumb.jpg.e3916b74bf9ae64a6f7d180c30183d88.jpg

Edited by Ohnoimbroke

I've been looking everywhere (almost) and can't find another one .I see a lot of obverse struck through . And capped die . But never together . Is there another reference to this coin being sold or what? Thanks again

The value of error coins is also dependent on eye appeal.  A coin that "pops" will bring more than one that looks "meh".  How much this affects value? Depends

Based on your pics, I don't think the eye appeal of your coin is that nice.  The drab, mottled coloration reminds me of environmental damage (although it would not have straight graded if that was the case). Just my opinion

On 8/14/2022 at 3:34 PM, Ohnoimbroke said:

The funny thing is on the NGC price guide it says $3.50 . As I look up obverse struck thru capped die on Google every single coin says price not available . But my coin is . I don't understand 

The NGC price guide value of $3.50 is for a standard MS62 quarter. Generally errors are not given a value since they are one off coins and there is no real “guide” to go by. 

Excellent advice . I see one on sold that is around $350 . My coin looks 85% the same . I think it's kinda crazy I can't find the same coin error . I also see the same errors on Penny's , dimes & Nickels Thanks guys . I'm a new collector. 

On 8/14/2022 at 3:39 PM, Ohnoimbroke said:

I see a lot of obverse struck through . And capped die . But never together

If it is a capped die it IS a struck through.  So obverse struck through capped die, and obv capped die are the same thing.