• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cherry Pickers Post
2 2

27 posts in this topic

On 8/8/2022 at 6:23 AM, J P Mashoke said:

They may not be the best looking cents out there but I finished the pocket change book that I picked up 1959 -2009 (thumbsu

Cent Book 1959-2009.jpg

Sweet! Now you can just upgrade as you come across nicer examples. I got a real nice "D" bicentennial quarter back in change the other day, went to my Whitman's and yep, I had a new top dog. The old coin got down graded to the second string folders, and the old second went into the third set...... xD

On 8/8/2022 at 6:23 AM, J P Mashoke said:

They may not be the best looking cents out there but I finished the pocket change book that I picked up 1959 -2009 (thumbsu

Cent Book 1959-2009.jpg

That's awesome, congrats. I got a few in the works. 

On 8/8/2022 at 11:56 AM, CoinJockey73 said:

That's awesome, congrats. I got a few in the works. 

Ya I have two nickel folders going and one more more blue holder to start. and 3 more cent holders to fill. I already have quite a few coins I just have to start sorting and picking the best for the books

On 8/8/2022 at 7:00 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

I'm working on these

20220808_173835.thumb.jpg.c4f30b265157acbaf8f423fc326e69e1.jpg

All circulation finds. 

LoL  ya there are quite a few members that have the coin books. I think I saw a photo DW Lang and a couple of others posted of a whole book cases with 4 or 5 shelves of all coin books. I never thought about putting the books together when I was younger. I was always to busy. I just put the keepers in a jug and said when I get older I will maybe go through my change and see what I have. Well I made it I am older :preach: time to make the books 

On 8/9/2022 at 5:24 AM, J P Mashoke said:

LoL  ya there are quite a few members that have the coin books. I think I saw a photo DW Lang and a couple of others posted of a whole book cases with 4 or 5 shelves of all coin books. I never thought about putting the books together when I was younger. I was always to busy. I just put the keepers in a jug and said when I get older I will maybe go through my change and see what I have. Well I made it I am older :preach: time to make the books 

I have zero interest in coins, other than how much i can make off them, so books were never a thought, until i realized it'll be much easier to organize with a few books. I don't purchase coins, for other than face value, so all coin in my books are "circulation" finds. But the more modern ones are impaired proof only. I only started "collecting" about 2 years ago. 

Edited by CoinJockey73

On 8/9/2022 at 4:31 AM, CoinJockey73 said:

I have zero interest in coins, other than how much i can make off them,

That just might be the saddest darned thing I’ve ever read here. 

On 8/9/2022 at 2:39 PM, VKurtB said:

That just might be the saddest darned thing I’ve ever read here. 

I put it out there @VKurtB, I'm not gonna fake it. That's the real me. But i do find some cool stuff. You've seen my thread. Found some cool stuff, today! 

Sorry for hijacking the thread! Everyone have a great day! 

On 8/9/2022 at 2:41 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

I put it out there @VKurtB, I'm not gonna fake it. That's the real me. But i do find some cool stuff. You've seen my thread. Found some cool stuff, today! 

Sorry for hijacking the thread! Everyone have a great day! 

I do not consider talking about coins a hijack in any thread, I am also sorry collecting coins doesn't  make you happy. I just love finding oddities and picking up good deals on great coins for my collections. You seam to be well informed in numismatics. Do you just roll hunt or buy and sell coins also CJ?

On 8/9/2022 at 2:55 PM, J P Mashoke said:

I do not consider talking about coins a hijack in any thread, I am also sorry collecting coins doesn't  make you happy. I just love finding oddities and picking up good deals on great coins for my collections. You seam to be well informed in numismatics. Do you just roll hunt or buy and sell coins also CJ?

My apologies for being so blunt. I do get joy from my finds, but it's not a hobby at all. Maybe when i have a little more time. I do not roll hunt and I've purchased only a few coins. I'm thinking of selling some of the stuff I've found on ebay, but the thought gives me ahgaduh, i think that's the word. And you could fill a thimble just under half way with my numismatic knowledge, but your comment just made my week, thank you, and probably ruined a few seasoned veteran's opinions of you, in the process, lol. Hope to see you around! 

On 8/9/2022 at 3:10 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

My apologies for being so blunt. I do get joy from my finds, but it's not a hobby at all. Maybe when i have a little more time. I do not roll hunt and I've purchased only a few coins. I'm thinking of selling some of the stuff I've found on ebay, but the thought gives me ahgaduh, i think that's the word. And you could fill a thimble just under half way with my numismatic knowledge, but your comment just made my week, thank you, and probably ruined a few seasoned veteran's opinions of you, in the process, lol. Hope to see you around! 

No need for apologies. I have always considered myself a no BS kind of guy and I like others to say what they think. Most of the regulars know my song so I don't think I have to worry about a reputation to protect. I am a roll hunter and I collect what I can afford to pick up cheap. Until I retired I always thought of myself as a coin saver and not a collector. I never had much extra money for anything with four girls to raise. Now that I have some time I am starting to become a bit of a collector.  

On 8/9/2022 at 3:45 PM, J P Mashoke said:

No need for apologies. I have always considered myself a no BS kind of guy and I like others to say what they think. Most of the regulars know my song so I don't think I have to worry about a reputation to protect. I am a roll hunter and I collect what I can afford to pick up cheap. Until I retired I always thought of myself as a coin saver and not a collector. I never had much extra money for anything with four girls to raise. Now that I have some time I am starting to become a bit of a collector.  

You and me are gonna get along just fine! Nice to meet you! Coin saver, now i like that. That's what we are. I never said it out loud, but I was a stacker, now I'm a saver, lol. Too cool. Hope all is well with you and yours. 

On 8/9/2022 at 2:49 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

You and me are gonna get along just fine! Nice to meet you! Coin saver, now i like that. That's what we are. I never said it out loud, but I was a stacker, now I'm a saver, lol. Too cool. Hope all is well with you and yours. 

And I admit that I am the anti-you. What you do is everything I stand against in this hobby. Heck, I even collect aluminum, zinc, and iron coins. Precious metals mean NOTHING to me. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 8/9/2022 at 3:59 PM, VKurtB said:

And I admit that I am the anti-you. What you do is everything I stand against in this hobby. 

How so? Examples, please. I'm not even in your hobby, so I'm a little confused. Or maybe it's you who is confused as to what i am, exactly? No need to be anti-me, lol. 

Polar opposite me? No prob. I meet A LOT of those, lol

Edited by CoinJockey73

It’s this that makes me the anti-you:

On 8/9/2022 at 4:31 AM, CoinJockey73 said: 

I have zero interest in coins, other than how much i can make off them,

It’s not just that I am different from this. It’s that this really “urines me off”. This hobby has too many takers and not enough givers. And no, I am NOT of the school of thought that anything you wanna do is okay. You can find that all over here. Not me. It’s not, and I won’t pretend it is. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 8/9/2022 at 4:19 PM, VKurtB said:

It’s this that makes me the anti-you:

On 8/9/2022 at 4:31 AM, CoinJockey73 said: 

I have zero interest in coins, other than how much i can make off them,

It’s not just that I am different from this. It’s that this really “urines me off”. This hobby has too many takers and not enough givers. And no, I am NOT of the school of thought that anything you wanna do is okay. You can find that all over here. Not me. It’s not, and I won’t pretend it is. 

Hey man, don't blow a gasket! You must understand, I'm new to coin anything. I was basically forced into it. So while I'm here, I'm learning. I haven't made a dime off any coin, so cool your jets. You see what i post up, right? There are no half caf bust micro ribbon anything. It's modern quarters! You getting that worked up about me holding on to some modern quarters? What you got stacked up somewhere? I'm guessing quite a bit more than me. So... stones and glass houses don't mix well. Unless you don't have anything laying around, of course. 

Maybe you should be anti matter, instead of anti me, lol. Still luv ya, that'll never stop.

On 8/9/2022 at 3:52 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

Hey man, don't blow a gasket! You must understand, I'm new to coin anything. I was basically forced into it. So while I'm here, I'm learning. I haven't made a dime off any coin, so cool your jets. You see what i post up, right? There are no half caf bust micro ribbon anything. It's modern quarters! You getting that worked up about me holding on to some modern quarters? What you got stacked up somewhere? I'm guessing quite a bit more than me. So... stones and glass houses don't mix well. Unless you don't have anything laying around, of course. 

Maybe you should be anti matter, instead of anti me, lol. Still luv ya, that'll never stop.

Laying around? Not s’much. Examined, attributed, and filed? Tons. Almost literally tons. Actually just shy of a ton. 

On 8/9/2022 at 5:06 PM, VKurtB said:

Laying around? Not s’much. Examined, attributed, and filed? Tons. Almost literally tons. Actually just shy of a ton. 

That's amazing! Awesome for you! See how nice that feels? Being happy for someone? Oh man, does that feel good! 

And you really have a ton of coins? A ton? I think i have 4 kilos of found silver. And you hate me? Hate little old me? For 4 measly kilos, when you have a ton?! Come on man! 

On 8/8/2022 at 3:53 PM, J P M said:

Cent Book 1959-2009.jpg

The look of these cents is very beautiful. Their size is also very good to keep in a pocket. Do you like writing? Are you searching for any platform where you can easily learn to write an Essay https://writinguniverse.com/free-essay-examples/character/  This is a website, on which you can easily write an Essay. The way somebody considers feels, and carries on someone's identity- more often than not solitary. He once in a while appears his genuine character-that of a kind and touchy individual. This is often a side of her character that few individuals have seen. If you also get to write Essays on new topics and you do not understand how to write, then you can take the help of this website.   

I like it.

Edited by LaurieAdams

On 8/23/2022 at 6:32 PM, LaurieAdams said:

I like it.

Thanks Laurie, Welcome to the forum. I have a few books to complete. I finished this one and the state and park quarters. Now I am working on some Nickels for a change of pace 1962 to 1995 and 1996 to 2022 I am close on both. I think I need 5 in each book. It is a fun thing to do.

Would someone gave a moment to answer a question ? Im not sure if im even on the right section. I have a silver 1946 Jefferson nickel and its looks like no other I've seen.  Im not really sure if its worth checking into. It has been struck with a different pic in front and back. Thx for your time. 

On 9/8/2022 at 1:46 AM, Wtartj said:

Would someone gave a moment to answer a question ? Im not sure if im even on the right section. I have a silver 1946 Jefferson nickel and its looks like no other I've seen.  Im not really sure if its worth checking into. It has been struck with a different pic in front and back. Thx for your time. 

Welcome to the forum.

You're in the right section, start a new thread and post clear cropped images of both sides of the coin so that others can see what you are describing.

On 9/8/2022 at 3:09 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

Nice JP.  Circulation collecting is a labor of love, and much trickier than buying the coins.  And.... you cannot beat the cost basis (face)!

Thanks Neo . It is nice to see a completed book.