Free NGC Grading Contest to be held at the ANA World's Fair of Money!
1 1

6 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Numismatic Guaranty Company™ (NGC®) is excited to announce that it will hold a free coin grading contest at the 2022 ANA World’s Fair of Money (WMF) in Chicago, Illinois, taking place August 16-20.

The NGC Coin Grading Contest will be open to anyone age 13 and older. Each participant will be given 10 minutes to grade 15 coins at the NGC booth (#1502) without any outside assistance. The coins will be a mix of countries, types and grades, and may include Details-graded and not genuine coins. Contestants will enter their grades on a computer provided by NGC.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Participants will be divided into three categories: Adult (age 26 and older), Young Adult [YAN] (age 18-25) and Young Numismatist [YN] (age 13-17). The contestants will be scored based on how closely their grades are to NGC’s grades, and prizes will be given for first, second and third place in each category.

For both the Adult and Young Adult categories, first prize is a $300 NGC grading credit, second prize is a $200 NGC grading credit and third prize is a $100 NGC grading credit. The Young Numismatist category prizes are cash in the amount of $300 for first place, $200 for second place and $100 for third place.

The top 10 finishers in each of the three categories will receive a special NGC “Sample Slab” with a 2003-S Proof Silver Illinois Quarter.

All participants will receive a special free “Sample Slab” with a special pedigree only available to participants in the contest.

To request a reservation for a time slot in the contest, which is being held from August 17th-19th, please email your name, age (as of the WMF Show) and day(s) you will be at the WMF Show to: contest@ngccoin.com with a subject line of “WMF Grading Contest.” You must be willing to have your name published by NGC if you win.

I’m there and I’m registering. I don’t do “chicken”, except for dinner. I tried getting my wife to let me go to Warsaw while the Ukraine war was going on, but she shot that idea down like a Hellfire taking down a Russian helicopter. 

On 8/7/2022 at 8:39 PM, S Navaneethan Ramanujam said:

Conduct such contest in India as well.

How is third party coin grading doing in India? Is it popular yet?