• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Smelly feet lovers, read this! You know you luv smelly feet if you click this link
5 5

635 posts in this topic

On 8/16/2022 at 3:11 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

my neighborhood, Forest Hills

I've seen several shows at this stadium, as it's oh so accessible via public transport. By far one of my favorite venues. Open air, so the pot smoke doesn't strangle, the village itself, picturesque, the noise ordinance ceasing everything by 10pm, the extra trains after, i could go on and on. Lovely little burg. 

*edit 

Do the locals get a contact high from all the reefer smoke? I was at a show in June and was blown away by how thick the cloud of smoke was around the lights, in an open air stadium! I wonder what things will be like in 10 years. In general. @Quintus Arrius, what will things be like in 10 years? Thank you. 

Fondly, 

CJ73 

Edited by CoinJockey73
The mind is a terrible thing

On 8/9/2022 at 1:02 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

Hey @zadok, sure, it contributes nothing to no one, but it's fun! It's camaraderie! A bunch of guys with nothing in common with everything in common. A little escape. These aren't finds from the past, btw. These were found today, and that's all I'll ever post, that day's finds. Unless otherwise noted. I'll say, didn't find these, they were a gift! Or something to that effect. I have a pretty decent reputation with some well known members, so you don't think I'm blowing smoke. 

so yes, if all you're coming for here is knowledge, not the thread for you. But if you want to come by, see what's still in circulation, crack a meister brau, chat with the fellas, then heck yeah, drop in and say hi. Post up a pic of a cool coin you found, at any time in your life. All are welcome. If not, i totally understand, and respect, and wish you and yours nothing but the best. But i do hope to see you back. (Last time I'll ever call you out, promise, and my apologies for doing so.)

don't worry fellas, @Frank @ShinyObjects, i didn't forget you guys, just didn't find anything that said, "you guys". Have a great afternoon, everyone! 

He only posts his daily finds.

By the way: Doug ain't budging.  He says you can PM him for what happened.

On 8/18/2022 at 11:09 AM, Frank said:

He only posts his daily finds.

By the way: Doug ain't budging.  He says you can PM him for what happened.

I send them an email about once every other week, just to thank them for a great site, and to apologize. I never hear back. But i don't expect to. Gotta be honest, their loss. Look what their competition is getting? And we all know NGC is watching this with a microscope to make sure i don't cross any lines. NGC now has exclusive rights to @CoinJockey73. Good for them! 

On 8/18/2022 at 8:34 AM, CoinJockey73 said:

I've seen several shows at this stadium, as it's oh so accessible via public transport. By far one of my favorite venues. Open air, so the pot smoke doesn't strangle, the village itself, picturesque, the noise ordinance ceasing everything by 10pm, the extra trains after, i could go on and on. Lovely little burg. 

*edit 

Do the locals get a contact high from all the reefer smoke? I was at a show in June and was blown away by how thick the cloud of smoke was around the lights, in an open air stadium! I wonder what things will be like in 10 years. In general. @Quintus Arrius, what will things be like in 10 years? Thank you. 

Fondly, 

CJ73 

I do not know. I don't expect to be around then. I am blissfully unaware of things and hope that streak continues. As an old-time New Yorker put it, matters beyond the box you live in, and the box you go to work to, are extraneous. Plenty of worry warts around to address the fluff.  :signofftopic: :roflmao:

On 8/18/2022 at 5:35 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

I do not know. I don't expect to be around then. I am blissfully unaware of things and hope that streak continues. As an old-time New Yorker put it, matters beyond the box you live in, and the box you go to work to, are extraneous. Plenty of worry warts around to address the fluff.  :signofftopic: :roflmao:

No such thing as "off topic", over here. And i hope to see you here 20+ years from now. Unless that's not what you want. And "blissfully unaware" is my middle name! In case you haven't noticed. Welcome to the club, cool people need only apply. 

Edited by CoinJockey73
It really did say "cool". I don't know what happened

Twenty YEARS!  I can't do no TWENTY YEARS. (I am 70; do I have to?)

In the wake of serious medical issues, I have had more time to stick my nose in matters, no less than the Great Z has [correctly] surmised I have no business being in. Case in point: a curious quip I picked up, and quietly awaited the right time to share. NOW! It conveniently explains the genesis of my rooster mania...

"Prior to the wreck of the Akerndam--1725 off Norway; discovered by divers in 1972--only one Ducat 1724 was known to exist, so I assume the owner must have been disappointed when several thousands more [6505 to be exact] were available in the market." Re:  In Case You Missed It - Coins of the Realm: Third Party Grading NGC and PCGS. PettayaMail.com.

There it is in a nutshell. In inadvertently expressing my delight in high-end Roosters, I became an unwitting agent in the explosion of Rooster collectors as reflected suddenly, and seemingly exponentially, in TPGS certifications.  I sat there and thought, "What have I wrought?"  I once was the proud owner of one of only two Roosters certified for a given year in the short, 16-coin, series. Now I saw my stamina and endurance undermined--by my own hand. I felt slighted; one fellow member derisively dismissed my otherwise unremarkable "niche" in this collector area--the very last in a long line of 20-franc gold pieces. I quietly withdrew into my shell, and there I stayed until the fickle finger of Fate crossed my path, and I had time to acquire a little perspective.  There are members who insist this is but a manifestation of the joys of collecting. But unless and until you personally experience the Akerndam, you will never look at things quite the same again.  🐓 

On 8/18/2022 at 7:47 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

Twenty YEARS!  I can't do no TWENTY YEARS. (I am 70; do I have to?)

In the wake of serious medical issues, I have had more time to stick my nose in matters, no less than the Great Z has [correctly] surmised I have no business being in. Case in point: a curious quip I picked up, and quietly awaited the right time to share. NOW! It conveniently explains the genesis of my rooster mania...

"Prior to the wreck of the Akerndam--1725 off Norway; discovered by divers in 1972--only one Ducat 1724 was known to exist, so I assume the owner must have been disappointed when several thousands more [6505 to be exact] were available in the market." Re:  In Case You Missed It - Coins of the Realm: Third Party Grading NGC and PCGS. PettayaMail.com.

There it is in a nutshell. In inadvertently expressing my delight in high-end Roosters, I became an unwitting agent in the explosion of Rooster collectors as reflected suddenly, and seemingly exponentially, in TPGS certifications.  I sat there and thought, "What have I wrought?"  I once was the proud owner of one of only two Roosters certified for a given year in the short, 16-coin, series. Now I saw my stamina and endurance undermined--by my own hand. I felt slighted; one fellow member derisively dismissed my otherwise unremarkable "niche" in this collector area--the very last in a long line of 20-franc gold pieces. I quietly withdrew into my shell, and there I stayed until the fickle finger of Fate crossed my path, and I had time to acquire a little perspective.  There are members who insist this is but a manifestation of the joys of collecting. But unless and until you personally experience the Akerndam, you will never look at things quite the same again.  🐓 

Heavens to Murgatroid! Never, indeed. 

On 8/18/2022 at 8:51 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

Got in change from me chicken chow mein

20220818_175843.thumb.jpg.5cf2e4e9be1a816d2c7731a4cc281115.jpg

Fancy, no less. With a coolness factor of 99.1%. 

There is nothing I do not like about this bank note: New York Federal Reserve Bank district, printed in Fort Worth, Texas, and of course, those numbers. Nice catch!

I would like to know--don't look it up if you don't!--where you heard that expression, "Oh, the humanity," used. I know who said it, why, where and precisely when, but am curious to know if you do? 

On 8/18/2022 at 11:09 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

I would like to know--don't look it up if you don't!--where you heard that expression, "Oh, the humanity," used. I know who said it, why, where and precisely when, but am curious to know if you do? 

Bugs Bunny said it, right?

Oh come on now. I may be a (m)boron, but you'd have to live under a rock to be my age, and not know about the most famous dirigible disaster in history! The Phil Hindenberg, if i recall correctly. 

*edit

If you want the rest, I'll look it up, but i knew it crashed in jersey. 

*edit edit

Are you upset that I'm comparing the tossing of elongated cents to the firey crash of a zeppelin? Don't worry, it upsets me as well. 

Edited by CoinJockey73
Cuz it's 2am, and i can't sleep

Heads up, I'll be taking the day off from "work". Although, who works anymore with the govt handing out free money for the past 2 years, am i right? Any sucker that kept their job while they were dumping free money from the skies is a sucker! Did i say "sucker" twice in that last sentence? Oh well, you're not here for my vocab. Anywho, I'll be "off" today. I'm tired, and just don't feel like moving, and with today's snowflake mentality, i can tell my "boss", who is 20+ years younger than me and is states away, that's actually the reason, and she'll accept it! Haha! Bunch of pansies! Remember the days when you could fire a crappy employee?! Not anymore. Now everyone is so afraid of "woke" culture, you can basically get away with anything, within legal limits. Even that's questionable. Goodness gracious, what a time to be alive! To watch the collapse of humankind! Pull up a chair.

Edited by CoinJockey73

@CoinJockey73:

I have never heard those unique words uttered by anyone other than the emotionally-wrought radio announcer, Herb Morrison, accompanying newsreel coverage. [German zeppelin Hindenburg, May 6, 1937, 7:25 p.m., at NAS Lakehurst, N.J]   And by special request, you want me to be around for the 100th anniversary of the crash (in 15 years)? Ain't happenin'...  There was a commemorative medal issued privately to mark the 30th anniversary in 1967 (I wasn't even 16 yet) and I had it but have no idea what I did with it. Incidentally, I did like the collection of elongated pennies.

Edited by Quintus Arrius
Usual die polishing: add question mark.

On 8/19/2022 at 8:40 AM, Quintus Arrius said:

@CoinJockey73:

I have never heard those unique words uttered by anyone other than the emotionally-wrought radio announcer, Herb Morrison, accompanying newsreel coverage. [German zeppelin Hindenburg, May 6, 1937, 7:25 p.m., at NAS Lakehurst, N.J]   And by special request, you want me to be around for the 100th anniversary of the crash (in 15 years)? Ain't happenin'...  There was a commemorative medal issued privately to mark the 30th anniversary in 1967 (I wasn't even 16 yet) and I had it but have no idea what I did with it. Incidentally, I did like the collection of elongated pennies.

Thanks. The cents are gone to someone already, sorry! And I've seen the news reel and yes i stole it, fine. satisfied? :wink: :bigsmile:

Edited by CoinJockey73

On 8/19/2022 at 8:40 AM, Quintus Arrius said:

@CoinJockey73:

Oh @Quintus Arrius, i had started a pm to you, attempting to explain things, a bit, BUT... it got dumped, somehow, lost in the void. And i forget what i wrote, and i forget what i wrote, so... have a nice weekend! 

But I'll leave you with another quote, let's see if you know who said this! "There once was a man from Nantucket"... feel free to either name the author, or finish the rhyme. 

Have a great weekend! 

Your pal, 

CJ73 

Edited by CoinJockey73

On 8/19/2022 at 3:21 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

Oh @Quintus Arrius, i had started a pm to you, attempting to explain things, a bit, BUT... it got dumped, somehow, lost in the void. And i forget what i wrote, and i forget what i wrote, so... have a nice weekend! 

But I'll leave you with another quote, let's see if you know who said this! "There once was a man from Nantucket"... feel free to either name the author, or finish the rhyme. 

Have a great weekend! 

Your pal, 

CJ73 

As I explained to my sister over the phone tonite, I had suffered a series of falls and learned I had Covid. When I got home, I administered a self-test to my wife. Positive. When I explained to her she would have to go unaccompanied by me, she dutifully went. But then they discovered her blood glucose levels were high and her liver enzymes were elevated. I was in the E.R. and they chose to treat me with a one-time Emergency Use Authorization, non-FDA approved experimental drug. She followed me only a day or two later and was given a prescription for Paxlovid. My treatment, so new I was told nobody knew about it, was an infusion of four vials of a drug. Two things: I haven't left the house in one week and the only symptoms I have are watery eyes and a low-grade fever. I complained of no symptoms prior to being infused. My memory is shot. The damage is done though. I cannot be treated for Covid again within 90 days. I remember "consenting" and being told, "Good, you will be Patient One." Huh?

There once was a man from Nantucket. Heard of it, but can't remember it.  Important: I cannot in good conscience give anyone the go-ahead with "BEBTELOVIMAB" aka "beelzebub." I may very well have committed irreversible error.  If they approach, ask what your otherboption is. With me, they found a willing Guinea pig.

On 8/19/2022 at 11:28 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

As I explained to my sister over the phone tonite, I had suffered a series of falls and learned I had Covid. When I got home, I administered a self-test to my wife. Positive. When I explained to her she would have to go unaccompanied by me, she dutifully went. But then they discovered her blood glucose levels were high and her liver enzymes were elevated. I was in the E.R. and they chose to treat me with a one-time Emergency Use Authorization, non-FDA approved experimental drug. She followed me only a day or two later and was given a prescription for Paxlovid. My treatment, so new I was told nobody knew about it, was an infusion of four vials of a drug. Two things: I haven't left the house in one week and the only symptoms I have are watery eyes and a low-grade fever. I complained of no symptoms prior to being infused. My memory is shot. The damage is done though. I cannot be treated for Covid again within 90 days. I remember "consenting" and being told, "Good, you will be Patient One." Huh?

It sounds like you've got your hands full, more so than i. Hoping you and yours a speedy recovery, "patient one".

On 8/19/2022 at 11:32 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

There once was a man from Nantucket. Heard of it, but can't remember it.  Important: I cannot in good conscience give anyone the go-ahead with "BEBTELOVIMAB" aka "beelzebub." I may very well have committed irreversible error.  If they approach, ask what your otherboption is. With me, they found a willing Guinea pig.

I had to look it up, BEBTEL, not beelze. ""Mephistopheles" is SUCH a mouthful in Manhattan, Johnny.". What makes it the devil? Your symptoms and side effects sounded mild to moderate, and it seems you're on your way to recovery. What's so devilish about BEBTEL? Again, heartfelt wishes for a speedy recovery. 

On 8/20/2022 at 2:32 AM, CoinJockey73 said:

I had to look it up, BEBTEL, not beelze. ""Mephistopheles" is SUCH a mouthful in Manhattan, Johnny.". What makes it the devil? Your symptoms and side effects sounded mild to moderate, and it seems you're on your way to recovery. What's so devilish about BEBTEL? Again, heartfelt wishes for a speedy recovery. 

No one I spoke to did not question my insanity. A sister's husband, offered: "Nuremberg law of [1939 or 1941]: MY BODY, MY CHOICE!"  It's been a week since this "infusion." I do not even feel close to recovery. And being left unable to walk, narrowed my entire world like a kaleidoscope. I was hoping to address the injury to my leg AFTER I recovered from Covid. That, aggravated by August heat and humidity makes that a remote "eventuality."

On 8/20/2022 at 7:04 AM, EagleRJO said:

@CoinJockey73If those were parking lot finds I think you have a few more winners. :grin:

To begin with, ALL the finds are quite remarkable. I stepped out of the hobby, after the Mint removed silver from coins. And this guy keeps finding stuff, at a steady clip, all over the place. I am impressed.

On 8/20/2022 at 7:41 AM, CoinJockey73 said:

Which? You should see what I've found! 

I just realized how many more pages were added to this thread.  I think the attached worn quarter would get a "Bad" award and the attached nickel would get an "Ugly" award if either were parking lot finds. ;)

Quarter.jpg

Nickel.jpg

On 8/20/2022 at 7:48 AM, Quintus Arrius said:

No one I spoke to did not question my insanity. A sister's husband, offered: "Nuremberg law of [1939 or 1941]: MY BODY, MY CHOICE!"  It's been a week since this "infusion." I do not even feel close to recovery. And being left unable to walk, narrowed my entire world like a kaleidoscope. I was hoping to address the injury to my leg AFTER I recovered from Covid. That, aggravated by August heat and humidity makes that a remote "eventuality."

I misunderstood. I thought your case was going easy on you. Sorry to hear of your covid troubles. Get well soon, please. 

On 8/20/2022 at 9:06 AM, EagleRJO said:

I just realized how many more pages were added to this thread.  I think the attached worn quarter would get a "Bad" award and the attached nickel would get an "Ugly" award if either were parking lot finds. ;)

Quarter.jpg

Nickel.jpg

I have 170+ pages of daily finds over on CT. That thread is nuts. This thread will get there, eventually. Thank you for stopping by and checking things out. 

Neither "parking lot" finds though. But all are found in "circulation" and I'll only post what i find, that day. 

Edited by CoinJockey73

On 8/20/2022 at 7:52 AM, Quintus Arrius said:

To begin with, ALL the finds are quite remarkable. I stepped out of the hobby, after the Mint removed silver from coins. And this guy keeps finding stuff, at a steady clip, all over the place. I am impressed.

Thank you. My finds surprise me all the time. Wish i were more into it.