• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Smelly feet lovers, read this! You know you luv smelly feet if you click this link
5 5

635 posts in this topic

Impaired proof

20220815_094411.thumb.jpg.8940876de12c06805797bf4bf405d3d3.jpg20220815_094403.thumb.jpg.ae30f19d5bb96c94077a00b0d2fbd2f6.jpg

i think i have this in my book, already. If it's a triple, and my buddy in Florida doesn't need it, I'll send it out if anyone needs to fill a hole. 

Edit* 2.8M of these minted, i believe 3rd found, but not the best. I think i have a pretty flawless one in the book. I'll check after lunch. BURP!! (Don't tell anyone, but that was a beer burp! Nothing wrong with having A beer with lunch, if you're not driving. Ok, sigh, I don't do it every day, it's barely a freaking beer, one of those ultra lights, it's literally because i was having a sandwich, and some lays original chips. I was not alone. I never drink alone (does the lord count? I believe so), never. Anything else? Nope? Ok!)

Edited by CoinJockey73

On 8/15/2022 at 11:55 AM, CoinJockey73 said:

@ShinyObjects nice to see you. Hope you had a nice weekend, and hope you have a pleasant week, ahead. 

Thanks and I hope your week goes well and you find some great coins. Whenever and if ever I find some cool circulated coins in the wild I will be sure to post them here.

On 8/15/2022 at 1:23 PM, ShinyObjects said:

Thanks and I hope your week goes well and you find some great coins. Whenever and if ever I find some cool circulated coins in the wild I will be sure to post them here.

Thank you, as always, my brother. And if you didn't post them here, you know it would crush me, lol. You need to post up more of your collection. Not here! This is the junk thread! 

On 8/15/2022 at 10:14 AM, CoinJockey73 said:

Worst first, but i hear this date is puro knickel.

20220815_094526.thumb.jpg.0cb528c4ff689a30fbdcb1059f700940.jpg20220815_094518.thumb.jpg.c4abe3fceb4a75d400560662de71033d.jpg

I'm not into foreign coins, but i luv that Canada embraced the Coney Island water rat as their mascot. Nice to see them finally getting some love. You can say that's a beaver, and maybe it is, but it sure looks like a water rat to me. 

I am too upset about Norway killing that walrus. A female no less! Time for me to let my view be known at the N Y Times.

On 8/15/2022 at 5:08 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

I am too upset about Norway killing that walrus. A female no less! Time for me to let my view be known at the N Y Times.

Do you post editorials under the same name? I'll be watching! 

On 8/15/2022 at 5:46 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

No, no matter. They most assuredly won't post the one I just sent them! They lack the necessary testicular fortitude. Plain and simple.

Now now now, one must have testicles, first. Nary a testicle in that house. 

*edit

Don't let my jocularity fool you. I'm quite upset with all of us, as well. And by that, i mean our species. We're repugnant. I luv in what a short period of time, we've displayed how weak we've become. Case in point. Rather take a "selfie", an American word, gross, than let something wild live. Me me me me me. It's always been there, in modern times, but we're doomed because of it. Not in our lifetimes, unless we go nukes, which will then be the ultimate proof of our ultimate stupidity. Sigh. Thanks for coming out! Try the veal!

Edited by CoinJockey73
Cuz I'm nuts

Third is the one with the hairy chest. Just kidding. I don't know if Helen Keller had a hairy chest. I had no idea she was from Alabama though. I wonder if she had a really thick Alabama accent. Anyway, 

20220816_102012.thumb.jpg.10cb4b8b58dbbe87a0c57d39d877fea1.jpg20220816_102005.thumb.jpg.68960a6e3f8beaa27e1147b50614724e.jpg

Someone call grandpa and tell him that crack head grandson of his stole his proof sets, again! Sold em for dog food! Lol. I'm so funny! 

(Look up what slang for dog food is. Little education this morning.)

Edited by CoinJockey73

On 8/16/2022 at 10:33 AM, CoinJockey73 said:

Third is the one with the hairy chest. Just kidding. I don't know if Helen Keller had a hairy chest. I had no idea she was from Alabama though. I wonder if she had a heavy Alabama accent?

Funny, all the records I consulted said she was born "deaf and dumb," and was raised in my neighborhood, Forest Hills, which was where "Captain Kangaroo" and "Simon and Garfunkel" and the "Ramones" were from. They were all gone by the time I showed up, graduating from FH HS in 1969.

On 8/16/2022 at 3:11 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

Funny, all the records I consulted said she was born "deaf and dumb," and was raised in my neighborhood, Forest Hills, which was where "Captain Kangaroo" and "Simon and Garfunkel" and the "Ramones" were from. They were all gone by the time I showed up, graduating from FH HS in 1969.

All well and good, but i believe the biggest question is, did she have a hairy chest? 

On 8/16/2022 at 3:22 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

All well and good, but i believe the biggest question is, did she have a hairy chest? 

I cannot answer that. [Matter of fact, I do not believe I would be permitted to answer that.]  :signofftopic: 

Wrong agin, I got the green light.  By the way, 30 years ago, I took $1000. to the bank and requested ten strapped packets of $1.00 bills. She did better: she asked me to step to the built in lucite-box used to transfer bulky transactions. The entire BEP/FRB block was wrapped in heavy-duty grade plastic, and contained a strap of starred notes. I spent them after realizing the serial numbers were not at all unusual. Besides, I am not generally a bill collector. The only bills that ever made an impression to my young eyes were the Educational series. An oversized eagle with wings outstretched on a bill from 1897 or 1917, a Watermelon note and notes featuring Indian chiefs resplendent in headdress and locomotive trains. I am, frankly, disappointed with the work produced today. Those bills that werr printed using dyes that bled, or were obliterated with wear, were a real disgrace.

Edited by Quintus Arrius
Minor die polishing.

Calm your sweaty little pitts, the finds have arrived. 

I see strange stuff all day, it has nothing to do with coins, i just see strange stuff all day. Although this is coin related. I see dumps all the time, but this one is unique. 

20220817_114416.thumb.jpg.0467398716450c9c06d70bf4d5d9a54d.jpg

Elongated quarters, and zincolns from Hershey and Disney. So it's come to this? The junkies are robbing piggy banks and throwing out the real treasures inside? Oh the humanity! 

Anybody want em? 

*edit

Sorry everyone. I put the feelers out to some friends on CT, and these have been snatched up already. 

Edited by CoinJockey73

On to the pinko, commie, rusky find

20220817_114303.thumb.jpg.64b32b51270084a3201f19d93572ec95.jpg20220817_114254.thumb.jpg.14c7d9cb40d731efaa9c45bc6675380c.jpg

i remember the hammer and sickle. CCCP? USSR? We did under the desk drills in school, lol. Like that'd help! Anyone remember the collapse of the USSR? No one saw it coming. How the f did that happen? Great documentary about it on YouTube called "hypernormalisation" from 2016. It's bbc so it's neither side. Shows how we got to where we are, going back to Assad and kissinger. @Quintus Arrius remember nyc back then? This documentary shows nyc back then, how the bond sale failed, and how the banks took over Manhattan. It's 3 hours long, but it explained a lot, to this feeble mind. 

Cool! Longest post ever? I apologize to all of you reading! 

Edited by CoinJockey73

On 8/16/2022 at 7:12 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

I cannot answer that. [Matter of fact, I do not believe I would be permitted to answer that.]  :signofftopic: 

Wrong agin, I got the green light.  By the way, 30 years ago, I took $1000. to the bank and requested ten strapped packets of $1.00 bills. She did better: she asked me to step to the built in lucite-box used to transfer bulky transactions. The entire BEP/FRB block was wrapped in heavy-duty grade plastic, and contained a strap of starred notes. I spent them after realizing the serial numbers were not at all unusual. Besides, I am not generally a bill collector. The only bills that ever made an impression to my young eyes were the Educational series. An oversized eagle with wings outstretched on a bill from 1897 or 1917, a Watermelon note and notes featuring Indian chiefs resplendent in headdress and locomotive trains. I am, frankly, disappointed with the work produced today. Those bills that werr printed using dyes that bled, or were obliterated with wear, were a real disgrace.

A strap of notes?! Yikes! That's cooler than yoohoo, or something like that. I have a ton of ☆ notes, but had to stop collecting 100s. Got way too expensive. I'll post up my stack when i get back to "work", lol work. Who works anymore? 

On 8/17/2022 at 1:48 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

A strap of notes?! Yikes! That's cooler than yoohoo, or something like that. I have a ton of ☆ notes, but had to stop collecting 100s. Got way too expensive. I'll post up my stack when i get back to "work", lol work. Who works anymore? 

To quote myself, i have a ton of ☆ notes. I only started looking back in May, maybe? Found all these

20220817_173032.thumb.jpg.43d3290cdb0ed16bda80d0b477a49cb2.jpg

Yup, every one a ☆ note. Mostly 20s and singles. Little over 1000 fv. Nothing special, no fancy anything, just cool.