• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Smelly feet lovers, read this! You know you luv smelly feet if you click this link
5 5

635 posts in this topic

On 8/3/2022 at 5:59 PM, jtryka said:

Yes, two silver dimes and a week or two before that I got a silver quarter from the bank.

Where did you say your bank was?   :roflmao:

On 8/3/2022 at 6:52 PM, jtryka said:

Not sure I posted that one, but here it is.  I saw it in the teller's coin tray and said, looks like you got a silver quarter, and she said, "yes, want to trade me for it?"  Affirmative!

IMG_5003.jpg

Incredible! I had an amazing score at my bank about a year ago. I asked if they had any large, older dollars, or halves, and they said someone just cashed some in. "It's a lot, $37.50". No prob, i got it. 12 peace dollars, 2 Morgans, and 3 Franklin halves in the bunch! I almost passed out. I gave the teller a $20 Starbucks card later that day. She couldn't figure out why. Over $440 in silver will do that, lol. Great stuff.

Thanks again for sharing. It's like AA for coins. My name is CJ73, and I'm a coin junkie. Thanks for sharing CJ73. Lol. Have a great night! 

On 8/5/2022 at 10:41 AM, CoinJockey73 said:

Found this, too. My 6th, i believe. To clean, or not to clean. That is what I'm asking. Too late. Already in the bleach bath. I like a combination of bleach, vinegar, and coarse sand, mixed into a paste, and rubbed on thick. Let it sit in an enclosed space. Rinse, and walla! Just like new!

20220805_094247.thumb.jpg.c017797f068d0f93a9426ff84887deaa.jpg20220805_094238.thumb.jpg.10f5b7fe30d0e1a0b287df6c6aa733e3.jpg

we'll see what this one looks like, tomorrow. I'll give you the "afters", then. 

Nothing could hurt it.

On 8/5/2022 at 12:40 PM, Frank said:

Nothing could hurt it.

That's a fact! After a 2 hour soak, i poked it with a toothpick. Nothing budging. I'll leave it overnight though. Have a fun weekend! That goes for everyone! 

On 8/5/2022 at 3:33 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

@CoinJockey73;

Walla?  Voila!   Great thread...   🐓 

Yes! Like at the carnival when you finally get to see the bearded lady, Walla! And I'm not sure what a musical instrument has to do with a rooster, but I'm glad you're enjoying the thread! You'll never learn anything here, but I'll post up some shiny stuff, every now and then. And @Quintus Arrius, thank you for stopping by. Means a lot. Have a great weekend. 

On 8/5/2022 at 10:41 AM, CoinJockey73 said:

Found this, too. My 6th, i believe. To clean, or not to clean. That is what I'm asking. Too late. Already in the bleach bath. I like a combination of bleach, vinegar, and coarse sand, mixed into a paste, and rubbed on thick. Let it sit in an enclosed space. Rinse, and walla! Just like new!

20220805_094247.thumb.jpg.c017797f068d0f93a9426ff84887deaa.jpg20220805_094238.thumb.jpg.10f5b7fe30d0e1a0b287df6c6aa733e3.jpg

we'll see what this one looks like, tomorrow. I'll give you the "afters", then. 

I'm like a 7 year old with a new toy, trying not to pee themselves with excitement. I couldn't wait. I thought i saw 1924, but it's 1928. And i think that's a mint mark. Any thoughts? 

20220805_194557.thumb.jpg.fb9cddf44244cb8188df9a5359d6027f.jpg

On 8/5/2022 at 3:40 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

Yes! Like at the carnival when you finally get to see the bearded lady, Walla! And I'm not sure what a musical instrument has to do with a rooster, but I'm glad you're enjoying the thread! You'll never learn anything here, but I'll post up some shiny stuff, every now and then. And @Quintus Arrius, thank you for stopping by. Means a lot. Have a great weekend. 

@Quintus Arrius, I'm trying to get ahead of a possible issue, so I'm apologizing in advance, just in case I offended anyone with the "bearded lady" comment. I didn't mean to offend, any ladies, bearded people, people not sure if they're bearded, or ladies, people who can't grow beards, women who want to grow beards, and the entire population, in general. For everything. I apologize for everything to everyone. Whew. Thanks for hanging in there with me, on that one. 

On 8/5/2022 at 9:09 PM, Just Bob said:

Viola: stringed musical instrument, shaped like a violin, but slightly larger.

Voila: an expression meaning, " there it is!"

Walla: half of the name of a city in Washington.

I had this whole big thing typed out, and when i hit reply, it didn't post it, and the whole thing disappeared. I ain't writing all that out, again. Oh well. 

On 8/5/2022 at 9:09 PM, Just Bob said:

Viola: stringed musical instrument, shaped like a violin, but slightly larger.

Voila: an expression meaning, " there it is!"

Walla: half of the name of a city in Washington.

And i said you'd never learn anything around here. Thank you for all the info. Enjoy your weekend. 

On 8/5/2022 at 7:50 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

I'm like a 7 year old with a new toy, trying not to pee themselves with excitement. I couldn't wait. I thought i saw 1924, but it's 1928. And i think that's a mint mark. Any thoughts? 

20220805_194557.thumb.jpg.fb9cddf44244cb8188df9a5359d6027f.jpg

What do you think @Lem E, i need your eyes. Is that a little blob there? Or, if you can believe this, have i found a double 1928 in the wild, cuz i have one in my book, already. Nuts. Not working tonight? Thanks. 

Edited by CoinJockey73

On 8/5/2022 at 9:27 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

What do you think @Lem E, i need your eyes. Is that a little blob there? Or, if you can believe this, have i found a double 1928 in the wild, cuz i have one in my book, already. Nuts. Not working tonight? Thanks. 

Yea I’m working as usual. Not sure what blob you are referring to. Looks like a 28 to me.

On 8/5/2022 at 10:38 PM, Lem E said:

Yea I’m working as usual. Not sure what blob you are referring to. Looks like a 28 to me.

I agree with the 28 assessment, but i thought the mint mark on these was to the left of the date, but to the right of that bottom left star. Looked like a blob to my novice eye. I will clean a little more tomorrow, and see what we can see. Stay safe at work

On 8/5/2022 at 9:24 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

That looks delish. And thank goodness it's family sized, or @VKurtB might not get a helping. 

My version is made from scratch. Poison Ivy, you know. :roflmao: You can get jollies from that “Stander” if that’s your thing. It goes in the junk box for me. Silk purse, sow’s ear syndrome. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 8/5/2022 at 10:50 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

Fun finds man!(thumbsu

Thank you kindly, I'm glad you think so, as well! And thanks for stopping by, means a lot. 

Edited by CoinJockey73