• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Smelly feet lovers, read this! You know you luv smelly feet if you click this link
5 5

635 posts in this topic

On 8/13/2022 at 7:18 PM, CoffeeTime said:

Another Sally Ride (D) as change today.  Would really like to find some Philly mints. 

0ABBD05A-EC1B-4439-BF96-6CC34FAA6ABA.jpeg

If you get desperate, I’ll swap like for like, P for D, when I get back from Chicago. 

On 8/13/2022 at 8:18 PM, CoffeeTime said:

Another Sally Ride (D) as change today.  Would really like to find some Philly mints. 

0ABBD05A-EC1B-4439-BF96-6CC34FAA6ABA.jpeg

On 8/13/2022 at 8:30 PM, VKurtB said:

If you get desperate, I’ll swap like for like, P for D, when I get back from Chicago. 

Swap?! Ya big cheapo! @CoffeeTime, I'll gladly send out a well circulated Maya P, Sally P, and Mankiller P, once found, Monday afternoon, if you PM me your address. I can supply references, upon request. Enjoy your weekend, and thank you for stopping by and posting something! Means a lot. 

On 8/13/2022 at 7:30 PM, VKurtB said:

I’m pretty sure condition matters (to, like, everybody but you, apparently). I only save completely immaculate coins from circulation. If they show so much as a nick, I pass ‘em by. The W’s you show here from time to time would never make my cut. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 8/12/2022 at 9:06 AM, CoinJockey73 said:

20220812_084945.thumb.jpg.b13c5bba63087ef88c24781e895c1582.jpg20220812_084936.thumb.jpg.9006f03fd7c1b7fefc0ed0bd50524d6d.jpg

i know they're all "nothingburgers" but go back to Monday. I've found 6 silver quarters this week. Even you @VKurtB must find that cool. 

There are only 5 holes in my Washington Quarters set in Mint State. And those holes will ONLY be filled with Mint State coins. They’re all “first page of the Dansco” coins. The ENTIRE set of Washingtons from 1937 to date is complete in Mint State. I. Don’t. Care. About. Circulated. Coins. The ones I need are all $150+ coins. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 8/13/2022 at 11:16 PM, VKurtB said:

I’m pretty sure condition matters (to, like, everybody but you, apparently). I only save completely immaculate coins from circulation. If they show so much as a nick, I pass ‘em by. The W’s you show here from time to time would never make my cut. 

You find "completely immaculate" coins from circulation? Not "so much as a nick"? I haven't found a single one of those, ever. As far as I'M concerned, the pro that i am, any coin from true circulation, would never make it, in my real books. Ever. So, good for you for being able to find so many! That's amazing! 

And those W quarters, that sell for a bare minimum of 10 bucks each raw, that's like a 50% profit, you wouldn't keep the almost 500 of them that I've found, to pass on to your son, for him to haggle over, when you breathe your last? That's 5 grand, for him. So wow, you'd throw those back? Splendid! Less money for him, more for me. And you can say your collection is worth millions, but any fool who turns their back on free money, is a (m)boron. I'm not saying that's you, but anyone who says no to free money for their kid, is a TRUE (m)boron. But like i said, I'm not talking about you...

Edited by CoinJockey73

On 8/13/2022 at 11:24 PM, VKurtB said:

There are only 5 holes in my Washington Quarters set in Mint State. And those holes will ONLY be filled with Mint State coins. They’re all “first page of the Dansco” coins. The ENTIRE set of Washingtons from 1937 to date is complete in Mint State. I. Don’t. Care. About. Circulated. Coins. The ones I need are all $150+ coins. 

And only a (m)boron would spend that kind of money on anything that isn't food, or gas, right now, goodness bless the American people. Especially something as superfluous as an old coin! 150 bucks for a quarter?! You can't be that stupid! lol That's incredible that someone can brag about ONLY spending 150 bucks for a single silly quarter! That's amazing! Mine all cost me .25 cents. Who cares what they look like, in the end, correct? So your son will have the shinier collection he has to sell, cuz that's what he's gonna do. Bully for him! Lol. I do like you @VKurtB, but I'm thrilled my standards are in the gutter with the 99.9999% of the rest of us. Must be lonely all by yourself, up on that high coin horse of yours... lol. Luv ya bud. 

Edited by CoinJockey73

All I know is the '48's got something to do with Truman holding up a paper that called an election result wrong.  And the '51, if I am not mistaken, is Q.A.'s birth year.  I love all your coins and cannot believe you managed to find them! Maybe the quote was misquoted: the streets are paved with silver, not gold. Regrettably, my wife will not permit to pick anything up off the street. (I was summonsed by the Metro North police at Grand Central Terminal for retrieving a newspaper from a wire cage-like trash bin on wheels, specifically designed to keep commuters out. I told the judge, "Your Honor, respectfully, the ticket cites, "Removing Rubbish." I maintain a copy of The Wall Street Journal is not "rubbish."  Case dismissed.  doh!

On 8/14/2022 at 3:26 AM, CoinJockey73 said:

And only a (m)boron would spend that kind of money on anything that isn't food, or gas, right now, goodness bless the American people. Especially something as superfluous as an old coin! 150 bucks for a quarter?! You can't be that stupid! lol That's incredible that someone can brag about ONLY spending 150 bucks for a single silly quarter! That's amazing! Mine all cost me .25 cents. Who cares what they look like, in the end, correct? So your son will have the shinier collection he has to sell, cuz that's what he's gonna do. Bully for him! Lol. I do like you @VKurtB, but I'm thrilled my standards are in the gutter with the 99.9999% of the rest of us. Must be lonely all by yourself, up on that high coin horse of yours... lol. Luv ya bud. 

[Once again, say it like you mean it: mah-RON'.]   😉 

On 8/14/2022 at 6:00 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

[Once again, say it like you mean it: mah-RON'.]   😉 

I don't mean to be so hard on the old boy. The nice thing is, he doesn't care a peep what i have to say, which he shouldn't, he's good natured, he gives it as good as he gets it, which i respect, and this is on my thread, which no one reads, or takes seriously. I do wish him nothing but the best though. It's ok that we feel so differently about the hobby. As long as he knows where all this is coming from. Someone that shouldn't be taken seriously. 

@CoinJockey73:

I believe you've disqualified yourself from the Forum.

You are way too accommodating. Amiable. You're never disgruntled, disaffected--or G-d forbid, contentious enough.

:makepoint: doh! :facepalm:

On 8/14/2022 at 5:57 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

All I know is the '48's got something to do with Truman holding up a paper that called an election result wrong.  And the '51, if I am not mistaken, is Q.A.'s birth year.  I love all your coins and cannot believe you managed to find them! Maybe the quote was misquoted: the streets are paved with silver, not gold. Regrettably, my wife will not permit to pick anything up off the street. (I was summonsed by the Metro North police at Grand Central Terminal for retrieving a newspaper from a wire cage-like trash bin on wheels, specifically designed to keep commuters out. I told the judge, "Your Honor, respectfully, the ticket cites, "Removing Rubbish." I maintain a copy of The Wall Street Journal is not "rubbish."  Case dismissed.  doh!

I pick up everything off the street, except those Coney Island white fish. I leave those alone. One man's trash is another man's treasure. Like the trash silver i found this week. If you like that '51, pm me your address, and I'll mail it to you, as a happy '51 birthday present. 

Sorry to hear of your legal troubles. I could never read the WSJ, couldn't figure out how to fold it. Or was that the Times? Either way, me no read good. Glad the judge saw things your way. Enjoy your evening

On 8/14/2022 at 6:34 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

If you like that '51, pm me your address, and I'll mail it to you, as a happy '51 birthday present. 

I am 70 going on 71. I appreciate the gesture, but @RWB's advice on another thread not long ago, was on-point. Your lovely '51 and my Roosters are not going to do anyone any good.  At this point, my only course of action is to cease collecting and begin DIVESTING.

On 8/14/2022 at 6:42 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

I am 70 going on 71. I appreciate the gesture, but @RWB's advice on another thread not long ago, was on-point. Your lovely '51 and my Roosters are not going to do anyone any good.  At this point, my only course of action is to cease collecting and begin DIVESTING.

It wouldn't be for your collection, it'd be a thank you for stopping by, and hanging out. A thank you for not caring the condition of my finds. It's a bonus that it happens to be your birth year. Unless you need a W mint mark quarter to fill a hole. I'll gladly send you one to fill a hole, or get you started. But it will have a ding or two. I like to say thanks to those who support me, and other than a few words i had to look up, you've been nothing but a gentleman who has offered an open hand to me, here. So, you ever see anything you like, or my offer still stands, pm me your address, and I'll send something out. Thanks again. 

Edited by CoinJockey73

Inheritance coming. With part of it, I’m wiping out every dollar of my son’s student debt. I called him from the road in Bowling Green, KY today and gave him the good news. My Dad did the same for me 45 years ago. The kid deserves a chance to go into his adult years without sick debt hanging over his head. He’s also a certified ANA Exhibit Judge - European Coins. 

On 8/14/2022 at 9:56 PM, VKurtB said:

Inheritance coming. With part of it, I’m wiping out every dollar of my son’s student debt. I called him from the road in Bowling Green, KY today and gave him the good news. My Dad did the same for me 45 years ago. The kid deserves a chance to go into his adult years without sick debt hanging over his head. He’s also a certified ANA Exhibit Judge - European Coins. 

Outstanding! Congrats to him, and your family. Looks like you got it all under control! Enjoy the rest of your evening. 

To @CoinJockey73:

A late evening anecdote. My wife and I are both on the subway train heading back home. When the last person on the train gets off I start to say something to my wife about a roll of currency that had apparently slipped unnoticed out of the departed straphanger's pocket. As I go to reach for it, around her waist in front, she slaps my hand and says, "It's not yours, leave it alone!"  I come back with, Honey, I know it isn't but that money will simply be picked up by someone else. I tried reasoning with her, pleading with her to yield. She dug her heels even harder. I had to walk away from that and come to think of it, we weren't even married yet. True story!

On 8/14/2022 at 11:24 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

To @CoinJockey73:

A late evening anecdote. My wife and I are both on the subway train heading back home. When the last person on the train gets off I start to say something to my wife about a roll of currency that had apparently slipped unnoticed out of the departed straphanger's pocket. As I go to reach for it, around her waist in front, she slaps my hand and says, "It's not yours, leave it alone!"  I come back with, Honey, I know it isn't but that money will simply be picked up by someone else. I tried reasoning with her, pleading with her to yield. She dug her heels even harder. I had to walk away from that and come to think of it, we weren't even married yet. True story!

Ain't love grand? 

On 8/14/2022 at 11:24 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

To @CoinJockey73:

On 8/15/2022 at 4:54 AM, CoinJockey73 said:

Ain't love grand? 

Wordsmith vs. Wordsmith, huh? lol

On 8/15/2022 at 5:59 AM, CoinJockey73 said:

Wordsmith vs. Wordsmith, huh? lol

I don't even have to speak up anymore. I point to you, and say, He's my mouthpiece. Our whole approach to life, personal philosophies, and coins, coincide.  (worship)

I always find this upsetting. I find these lovely 2022P quarters, and no one wants them! They're free! I don't want anything in exchange. Oh well, guess I'll toss them back. 

20220815_090842.thumb.jpg.aa24f2b9dbdbe0810975d0ff2d8b7be0.jpg

@CoffeeTime, you sure? Nothing in return. Ask around, I'm legit. I have this deal with the coin gods, as long as i keep giving, and accept no gifts in return, they'll keep sending me stuff. Swaps are ok, face value for face value, or equal value, but they haven't let me down yet, as long as i haven't accepted anything. So I'm not going to start now. Let me send ( ) each to you, for the kids. Good coin karma, know what i mean? Just pm me address, and amount you need.

Edited by CoinJockey73

On 8/15/2022 at 6:04 AM, Quintus Arrius said:

I don't even have to speak up anymore. I point to you, and say, He's my mouthpiece. Our whole approach to life, personal philosophies, and coins, coincide.  (worship)

This would upset me, greatly. Whereas i may have no problems saying exactly what's on my mind, you have style, an actual vocabulary. Maybe we should team up? I'll pm you my current thoughts, then you correct them, make them sound smart, pm them back to me, I'll add my pics, and walla! The perfect post! lol. My finds, your words? Did someone say "takeover"?

Enjoy your week, my friend. Imagine my surprise to hear you're 71! I hate to say this but, i thought you were more my contemporary, in age. And when checking your profile, imagine my surprise to see that you are in the tri-state area, as well! Maybe we can meet up sometime, and you can dispel all these rumors about me being insane :bigsmile:.

Edited by CoinJockey73

Worst first, but i hear this date is puro knickel.

20220815_094526.thumb.jpg.0cb528c4ff689a30fbdcb1059f700940.jpg20220815_094518.thumb.jpg.c4abe3fceb4a75d400560662de71033d.jpg

I'm not into foreign coins, but i luv that Canada embraced the Coney Island water rat as their mascot. Nice to see them finally getting some love. You can say that's a beaver, and maybe it is, but it sure looks like a water rat to me.