• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Smelly feet lovers, read this! You know you luv smelly feet if you click this link
5 5

635 posts in this topic

On 8/9/2022 at 3:16 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

You bet.  I like seeing circulation finds... not fake double dies and parking lot coins, but actual finds.  I get excited over every silver coin, W mint, or impaired proof I find in change.  I know that they are not valuable, but it's a fun game.

I do not collect coins for the money or the women.

I wish i knew more, and had more time. I know stuff gets by me all the time. Feel free to post up anything you've found, or quite frankly, anything you feel like. I luv seeing all the stuff you guys have. 

And I'll have to tell the better 9/10 that there's both money AND women in coins! I'm sure she'll be surprised as heck! Lol

Have a great afternoon

On 8/9/2022 at 7:28 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

Marone! Even I know that and I'm not Italian.  :makepoint:

Well, when i try to call myself the word that rhymes with boron, it auto corrects to some silly saying, so, gotta go Bugs Bunny on em, lol. What a maroon! What a gull-a-bull! What a nin cow poop! Let's see what that gets auto corrected to

Edited by CoinJockey73

On 8/9/2022 at 12:46 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

On to the fun stuff! So there i was thinking, i hope my chum @Quintus Arrius is ok, i haven't seen any SAT words in a few days. It'd be fun if i found a war nickel to call him out with. Bam!

20220809_104633.thumb.jpg.072222f0b15a14328cc4d90bf0a9fa79.jpg20220809_104628.thumb.jpg.4d2132d040ae9b17233e5c640bded1dd.jpg

the P stands for. Hoping you're ok

Just fine, thank you! At some point, either before or after this post, I read: "so, yes, if all you're coming for here is knowledge" and it hit me like a ton of bricks: I was obligated, OBLIGATED, to relinquish my title, "wordsmith" as bestowed upon me by an elite, highly-regarded, very helpful-- "go look it up yourself"--type member. Now my reign is over. I humbly concede @CoinJockey73.  (worship)

On 8/9/2022 at 10:04 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

Just fine, thank you! At some point, either before or after this post, I read: "so, yes, if all you're coming for here is knowledge" and it hit me like a ton of bricks: I was obligated, OBLIGATED, to relinquish my title, "wordsmith" as bestowed upon me by an elite, highly-regarded, very helpful-- "go look it up yourself"--type member. Now my reign is over. I humbly concede @CoinJockey73.  (worship)

I'm laughing out loud over here! Wordsmith?! Now that's a title I'll never be guilty of having and certainly the first ever accusation of such! It's all yours, my friend, all yours. 

I keep telling everyone, me no good with numbers am words. 

Edit: I'm having one of those, "l’esprit de l’escalier" moments. I should have run with it, crud. Next time. 

Edited by CoinJockey73

The title was lobbed at me. You're doing just fine! I "get" it; I feel sorry for those who don't. The Forum has improved exponentially with your bobbing, weaving and threading. Now I can run at moderate speed. :roflmao:

Ollie Ollie oxen free! Calling all daily find junkies. Oh, just me? I'm used to it. I had a rare skunk day on S and W, which is fine because when that happens, the coin gods open the silver window. 

20220810_133116.thumb.jpg.3fc685a99a6291553dbae716192a7577.jpg20220810_133106.thumb.jpg.e366c01a20eae5fa82e15d448c1242ac.jpg

This looks clad, so it got past me peepers, but me ear holes heard the clunk. 

In a rare display of "no nickels", it got me thinking. I actually found about 10 nickels today, but i don't post pics of anything with no mint mark. So i found about four 1941, couple '47, '52, stuff like that. But it's not picture worthy, so i just stuff it in an envelope to send out to a YN, or to a boy scout troop to help get that merit badge. I've literally sent out pounds of coins to total strangers. Not dollars, pounds. Hey @VKurtB you said you were the anti-me as far as numismatics. With you sitting on that literal ton of coins, how many have you sent out, for free, wanting nothing in return to anyone? Just curious. 

On 8/10/2022 at 1:02 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

In a rare display of "no nickels", it got me thinking. I actually found about 10 nickels today, but i don't post pics of anything with no mint mark. So i found about four 1941, couple '47, '52, stuff like that. But it's not picture worthy, so i just stuff it in an envelope to send out to a YN, or to a boy scout troop to help get that merit badge. I've literally sent out pounds of coins to total strangers. Not dollars, pounds. Hey @VKurtB you said you were the anti-me as far as numismatics. With you sitting on that literal ton of coins, how many have you sent out, for free, wanting nothing in return to anyone? Just curious. 

Literally thousands of them. But also, based on WHAT have you decided that non mint mark coins are something less? You have weird standards my man. Cripes, dude, for west coasters, non mint marked coins are “exotic”.

Edited by VKurtB

On 8/10/2022 at 2:11 PM, VKurtB said:

Literally thousands of them. But also, based on WHAT have you decided that non mint mark coins are something less? You have weird standards my man. Cripes, dude, for west coasters, non mint marked coins are “exotic”.

Well, it certainly warms the cockles of my heart to hear we're at least on that exact same page, numismatically.

I see the non mint mark nickels ad nauseum. There's nothing special about them. In my book! All you nickel lovers out there, i come in peace! I send out every nickel from '46 on both P and D, to '59 P and D. I send out all 1939P, '40P, and '41P. I keep the all the 1938 i find just because they're cool. I've only found 20 of those. But i send out pounds of stuff. Glad we agree on that, at least. Even though you're my arch nemesis, remember, most enemies are also deep deep friends, so, i still luv ya, pal. I hope you'll keep coming back and bust my chops. Stay safe tonight, brother. 

P.s. if anyone out west wants old tyme nickels from above dates and mint marks, let me know. Heavily circulated. 

Edited by CoinJockey73

On 8/10/2022 at 2:14 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

Well, it certainly warms the cockles of my heart to hear we're at least on the that same page, numismatically.

I see the non mint mark nickels ad nauseum. There's nothing special about them. In my book! All you nickel lovers out there, i come in peace! I send out every nickel from '46 on both P and D, to '59 P and D. I send out all 1939P, '40P, and '41P. I keep the all the 1938 i find just because they're cool. I've only found 20 of those. But i send out pounds of stuff. Glad we agree on that, at least. Even though you're my arch nemesis, remember, most enemies are also deep deep friends, so, i still luv ya, pal. I hope you'll keep coming back and bust my chops. Stay safe tonight, brother. 

1939(P) is a VERY interesting nickel. I gave an ANA Money Talk on the nickels of 1939. And it just BARELY touched on the D and S coins. About 3/4 of the time dealt with the (P). 

On 8/10/2022 at 3:24 PM, VKurtB said:

1939(P) is a VERY interesting nickel. I gave an ANA Money Talk on the nickels of 1939. And it just BARELY touched on the D and S coins. About 3/4 of the time dealt with the (P). 

I've found 2 ddr, if that's what you're referring to. Two legit ddr, found in the wild. THAT i do find interesting. I've also found three large S 1941 nickels. Very hard to find. So yes, while I'm a (m)boron, I am barely enlightened enough to know to google something that looks suspicious, or interesting and kind of remember it. But those are really my limits. I see how expensive these draped bust half caff lattes cost. Way too rich for my white trash blood, thank you very much. And thank you @VKurtB for being a friendly nemesis, sorry, arch nemesis. There's no reason we can't be friendly to each other, while being on completely different ends of the spectrum, on literally everything. Except being giving with coins. Yay! 

Edited by CoinJockey73

@CoinJockey73

[Okay, one more time, with some body English:

Ma-RON (Mah-ROWN).

Say it, like you mean it: Ma-RON!]

:roflmao:

Edited by Quintus Arrius
Usual die polishing: correct typo.

On 8/11/2022 at 11:58 AM, CoinJockey73 said:

Question to @VKurtB, why would anyone keep these? 

20220811_123819.thumb.jpg.478ce98b1689458e32a82b94d0e019e1.jpg20220811_123812.thumb.jpg.e67517a968644855e69490241cedcb21.jpg20220811_074612.thumb.jpg.aa03e1155214c02fcb24f1cb7ecc95ba.jpg20220811_074601.thumb.jpg.4f09c083bef9924318a25a296f07a0c3.jpg

Dud dates, struck at dud mints. 

*edit

I see stuff like this all day, i just send any and all stuff like this, out.

But the ‘51 is a Denver. 

On 8/11/2022 at 1:17 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

Sure is, but it's a '51. Who cares? I'll keep pre-war with mint marks, but a 1951D? What's the point? 

Well, I only collect in Mint State. So they all have a point. 

On 8/11/2022 at 2:19 PM, VKurtB said:

Well, I only collect in Mint State. So they all have a point. 

Well, la de freakin da! To you, yes, they all have a point, mazel tov! I wouldn't bother with one in MS, myself. No silver content. 

Edited by CoinJockey73

On 8/11/2022 at 1:22 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

Well, la de da! To you, yes, they all have a point, mazel tov! I wouldn't bother with one in MS, myself. No silver content. 

I collect aluminum, zinc, iron, all non-traditional metals. Frankly, I don’t give a rip about silver, or gold. 

Happy Friday! I said, happy Friday! Alright, never mind. Hard to get the crowd into it when it's just you. Anyway. Happy Friday! 

Foist

20220812_085016.thumb.jpg.408e750f9113f4433abf3fa29b8cc52c.jpg20220812_085010.thumb.jpg.661f30512975a4ed3fd797d09d0c92bb.jpg

@VKurtB, I'll put this in a ziplok baggie with the other 1951S nickels I've found. I've probably only found a dozen. Make that a bakers dozen. I can post up pics of how i store my doubles and triples. You'd be thrilled.