• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Smelly feet lovers, read this! You know you luv smelly feet if you click this link
5 5

635 posts in this topic

On 8/5/2022 at 10:53 PM, VKurtB said:

My version is made from scratch. Poison Ivy, you know. :roflmao: You can get jollies from that “Stander” if that’s your thing. It goes in the junk box for me. Silk purse, sow’s ear syndrome. 

"Get jollies", that's awesome! Heck yeah I'll get my jollies off of face value silver. I paid exactly 25 cents for that, in cents, if you can imagine. But you would keep it, right? I'll attempt to use a "sow's ear" type of comment, "simple minds, simple pleasures". And there ain't nones much more simpler, than mines! You're full of cool old tymey type of sayings! I got "nothingburger" from you, now i got that cool "sow's ear" one. I don't know what it means, but it sounds cool, but "get jollies", that's my favorite. I'm literally going to use it every day. I also basically use "nothingburger" 5 days a week here, so again, i owe you a debt of gratitude that this humble man, shall never be able to repay. Especially with your incredibly hard to please tastes. I can't imagine not getting excited over any wild silver find! Anyway, i wander, ramble. This simple mind is hard to coral. It likes to drift.... where was i? Oh yes, the secrets of the universe! Right here! 

Thanks again for stopping by, means the world to me. 

Edited by CoinJockey73

On 8/5/2022 at 10:47 PM, Lem E said:

I see a little bit of something where a mintmark would be. Maybe (shrug)

My thoughts, exactly. I mean like, exactly, right down to the shruggy thing. Exactly. Oh well. We tried. No one can say we didn't. Thank you, my friend. 

On 8/5/2022 at 4:08 PM, Frank said:

If I ever found something I would post it.

:)

I would too but knowing me as well as I do, I would knowingly post something I knew someone down the line would suspect is far more valuable though not generally known and our quiet but erudite lurker would "go back to the videotape," cry foul! And while some members would be amused, the mods would not, and I would plea my case, plaintively with seeming credibility until yet another member with stunning institutional memory, provides conclusive proof that Quintus knew, or should have known, his nothingburger was a somethingburger with super large fries and a large soda. So I am going to disappoint my many detractors and abstain from making a contribution. I love ❤️ the column though and read it avidly. Just what's needed during a hot and humid August.  (thumbsu

On 8/6/2022 at 9:05 AM, Quintus Arrius said:

I would too but knowing me as well as I do, I would knowingly post something I knew someone down the line would suspect is far more valuable though not generally known and our quiet but erudite lurker would "go back to the videotape," cry foul! And while some members would be amused, the mods would not, and I would plea my case, plaintively with seeming credibility until yet another member with stunning institutional memory, provides conclusive proof that Quintus knew, or should have known, his nothingburger was a somethingburger with super large fries and a large soda. So I am going to disappoint my many detractors and abstain from making a contribution. I love ❤️ the column though and read it avidly. Just what's needed during a hot and humid August.  (thumbsu

Glad you're enjoying. That's really the point of all this, isn't it? To be enjoyed? 

You use big words! It's fun! 

On 8/6/2022 at 3:37 AM, CoinJockey73 said:

"Get jollies", that's awesome! Heck yeah I'll get my jollies off of face value silver. I paid exactly 25 cents for that, in cents, if you can imagine. But you would keep it, right? I'll attempt to use a "sow's ear" type of comment, "simple minds, simple pleasures". And there ain't nones much more simpler, than mines! You're full of cool old tymey type of sayings! I got "nothingburger" from you, now i got that cool "sow's ear" one. I don't know what it means, but it sounds cool, but "get jollies", that's my favorite. I'm literally going to use it every day. I also basically use "nothingburger" 5 days a week here, so again, i owe you a debt of gratitude that this humble man, shall never be able to repay. Especially with your incredibly hard to please tastes. I can't imagine not getting excited over any wild silver find! Anyway, i wander, ramble. This simple mind is hard to coral. It likes to drift.... where was i? Oh yes, the secrets of the universe! Right here! 

Thanks again for stopping by, means the world to me. 

I am an unapologetic coin QUALITY snob. 

On 8/6/2022 at 6:13 PM, VKurtB said:

I am an unapologetic coin QUALITY snob. 

...agree if its worth doing its worth doing right...but everyones right is different...it may be a gravitational thing, likes congregate as opposed to the magnetic theory of opposites...but the best coins r non-magnetic, so im in the vkurt camp n go with quality....

On 8/6/2022 at 7:00 PM, zadok said:

...agree if its worth doing its worth doing right...but everyones right is different...it may be a gravitational thing, likes congregate as opposed to the magnetic theory of opposites...but the best coins r non-magnetic, so im in the vkurt camp n go with quality....

I'm behind all this 100%. I have zero interest in the purchasing of coins, so my quality standards are non-existent. I find coins i think are cool, and post pics of them here. Hard focus on "i think are cool". I'm thrilled for @VKurtB that a wild siver find doesn't quicken his pulse. As i stated somewhere earlier, I'm simple minded, therefore find pleasure in the simplest of things, like a 1918 standing liberty quarter, found in the wild.

This thread is for me, no one else. I'll be mostly speaking with myself about my finds, making stuff up. Feel free to come back and check in, but i assure you, nothing special to be seen here. Strictly simple circulation finds. I also find ☆ notes, quite a bit. I may start posting those, as well. Who knows. My thread, I'll do with it as i please, within TOS regulations. 

As always, thank you, everyone, for stopping by. Enjoy the rest of your night. 

On 8/6/2022 at 7:11 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

I'm behind all this 100%. I have zero interest in the purchasing of coins, so my quality standards are non-existent. I find coins i think are cool, and post pics of them here. Hard focus on "i think are cool". I'm thrilled for @VKurtB that a wild siver find doesn't quicken his pulse. As i stated somewhere earlier, I'm simple minded, therefore find pleasure in the simplest of things, like a 1918 standing liberty quarter, found in the wild.

This thread is for me, no one else. I'll be mostly speaking with myself about my finds, making stuff up. Feel free to come back and check in, but i assure you, nothing special to be seen here. Strictly simple circulation finds. I also find ☆ notes, quite a bit. I may start posting those, as well. Who knows. My thread, I'll do with it as i please, within TOS regulations. 

As always, thank you, everyone, for stopping by. Enjoy the rest of your night. 

...some folks do talk to themselves, its allowed...im not quite sure how a thread can be for ones self, sounds like a diary would be better but im not one to judge...i think ill pass in the future but enjoy....

On 8/6/2022 at 7:15 PM, zadok said:

...some folks do talk to themselves, its allowed...im not quite sure how a thread can be for ones self, sounds like a diary would be better but im not one to judge...i think ill pass in the future but enjoy....

I cannot imagine anyone in their right mind following me, with the exception of the Moderators (Executive privilege) but sounding off occasionally comes with the territory. I truly enjoy this thread. (There were some things I wanted to call out one member on, but that's illegal, so I won't.) Man, I love this place!

On 8/6/2022 at 7:15 PM, zadok said:

Thread, diary, isn't it all the same, nowadays? Anyone is free to view the thread, but I'm not posting it for anyone to view. Who would want to view a thread dedicated to "nothingburgers"? I find it cathartic to post pics of the junk i find. That's why it's for me. If you happen to enjoy, awesome! If you happen to never come back, awesome! It wasn't for you, anyway. See what i mean? Life is so simple, if we keep it that way. 

I do wish you nothing but the best though. 

On 8/6/2022 at 7:30 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

I cannot imagine anyone in their right mind following me, with the exception of the Moderators (Executive privilege) but sounding off occasionally comes with the territory. I truly enjoy this thread. (There were some things I wanted to call out one member on, but that's illegal, so I won't.) Man, I love this place!

You can call me out on anything you like! Permission granted. 

Again, I'm glad you're enjoying the thread. The real action, rather than my pontificating, will begin again, in earnest, Monday afternoon. Hope to see you all then. 

On 8/6/2022 at 7:37 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

You can call me out on anything you like! Permission granted. 

No, it wasn't you! :roflmao:  It was... nah, no way the mods will permit this. Enjoy the weekend! (To the fella who threw out the unwelcome mat: Tisha b'av.)  

On 8/6/2022 at 7:45 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

No, it wasn't you! :roflmao:  It was... nah, no way the mods will permit this. Enjoy the weekend! (To the fella who threw out the unwelcome mat: Tisha b'av.)  

Man, i really am obtuse. I didn't notice any shade thrown my way. Either that, or I'm used to much much worse. No biggie. 

Few people will get the thread, most won't. That's fine with me. Those who know me from CT know i don't take anything seriously, online. How can i? I don't know you, you don't know me. What the heck do i care what you say about me, or my mother. Yawn. Anyway, i thought you were goofing on me, in the beginning, which i was totally fine with, but you seem to be a straight shooter, albeit a little hard to keep up with, at times, lol. But you seem ok. Same with @VKurtB. He's a straight shooter, and i begrudge no man, that. 

Like i said, keep coming back, or don't. Doesn't matter to me, I'll keep posting anyway. But i got no issues with you. 

On 8/6/2022 at 7:45 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

Tisha b'av

I'm from the tri-state area, and quite used to hearing foreign languages. This looks and sounds Yiddish, but I'm unfamiliar with the term. The one i usually hear associated with me is "meshuggenah". I heard that means like, the greatest.

On 8/6/2022 at 8:13 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

I'm from the tri-state area, and quite used to hearing foreign languages. This looks and sounds Yiddish, but I'm unfamiliar with the term. The one i usually hear associated with me is "meshuggenah". I heard that means like, the greatest.

On 8/6/2022 at 8:13 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

More like "crazy." Sorry I derailed your thread. "Tisha B'av" is a solemn occasion for which there is no formal greeting. This was a shot across the bow to the member who treated my return home [to the NGC Chat Boards] with injudicious contempt, a cryptic remark for he and he alone to contemplate on the 9th whilst perusing Lamentations.

Your style is like a breath of fresh air. I have not encountered your unique take on things anywhere else. I bid you, and all our fair weather friends and members the likes of which I have not encountered on any other Forum, good nite!  

On 8/6/2022 at 6:35 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

Thread, diary, isn't it all the same, nowadays?

I’ve never seen it that way. But I’m not the guy to consult on Internet discussion board “rules” because, and I can’t possibly stress this enough, I couldn’t possibly care less. I don’t respect the culture of the ‘net, in case you missed that. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 8/6/2022 at 7:13 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

I’m from a tri-state area too, but mine is Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee. I grew up in a different one - Pennsylvania, Maryland and Delaware. New Joisey was the “fourth musketeer”. 

Postscript... Well, I tell you, the St. Gaudens thread is a masterpiece still in the making with so many interesting twists and turns that it is beginning to read like Joe Gould's Secret, which was a "book" comprised of an untold number of notebooks in which were recorded the everyday conversations of New Yorkers, i.e., an "Oral History" that a journalist, Joseph Mitchell, ultimately discovered were nothing but the figments of the colorful imagination of a deranged old man.

I can definitely understand that threadmaster's concern that the record of contributions made, including one surprise comment from the latest owner of the unique 1933 double-eagle, be preserved at all costs. There are some truly extraordinary works of scholarship here, but that one is a stand-out which has evolved in ways no one could have forseen. It's akin to a Guest Book, with extensive annotations.

On 8/6/2022 at 10:33 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

More like "crazy." Sorry I derailed your thread. "Tisha B'av" is a solemn occasion for which there is no formal greeting. This was a shot across the bow to the member who treated my return home [to the NGC Chat Boards] with injudicious contempt, a cryptic remark for he and he alone to contemplate on the 9th whilst perusing Lamentations.

Your style is like a breath of fresh air. I have not encountered your unique take on things anywhere else. I bid you, and all our fair weather friends and members the likes of which I have not encountered on any other Forum, good nite!  

You didn't derail the thread, that's one of the beauties of it, there's nothing to derail. Anyone, anytime, any subject (within site boundaries), it doesn't really matter. It's not like I'm taking any of this seriously, anyway. See what i mean? And thank you for the compliment. I have yet to find any "undesirables", here, but if any of you were to meet me in person, just by the looks of me, you may find me a bit, off color, and not remotely "desirable", lol. Unless you're just messing with me, and I'm too slow to figure it out, in which case, your efforts are wasted on me, cuz i don't care/know! Lol.

Anyway, keep coming back, or don't. It doesn't effect me in the slightest. 

Edited by CoinJockey73

On 8/6/2022 at 10:33 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

So I've been lied to all these years? They're calling me "crazy" rather than "the greatest"?! That's awesome! Can't wait to tell them they've been wrong, all this time! 

Edited by CoinJockey73

On 8/6/2022 at 10:52 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

Postscript... Well, I tell you, the St. Gaudens thread is a masterpiece still in the making with so many interesting twists and turns that it is beginning to read like Joe Gould's Secret, which was a "book" comprised of an untold number of notebooks in which were recorded the everyday conversations of New Yorkers, i.e., an "Oral History" that a journalist, Joseph Mitchell, ultimately discovered were nothing but the figments of the colorful imagination of a deranged old man.

I can definitely understand that threadmaster's concern that the record of contributions made, including one surprise comment from the latest owner of the unique 1933 double-eagle, be preserved at all costs. There are some truly extraordinary works of scholarship here, but that one is a stand-out which has evolved in ways no one could have forseen. It's akin to a Guest Book, with extensive annotations.

As stated, feel free to post ANYTHING you like, but no one may read it, especially me. I did try. But i sit with a very old and dog eared paperback copy of the dictionary by my side while reading everything, same one since i was a kid. As i come to words I'm unfamiliar with, i look it up, and put a tick mark next to it. There! Learned me another word today! Your posts of late have kept those pages turning. Not that i don't mind looking things up, but after the 3rd word in one sentence, i may move on, lol. Sad side note, as I've gotten older, how many times do you think i get to that word, and there are no tick marks? Very very few, indeed. My retention for things was lost in the womb, I'm afraid. But I'm the first to admit it, and accept it as an horrific flaw in my genetic makeup. Yawn. Move on. But i do enjoy your contributions, however over my head some may be, or not. And this isn't a request for you to dumb them down, on my behalf. Can't ask Monet not to mone. I was hoping to post the exchange between Hedley Lamarr and Sheriff Taggart from Blazing Saddles, as an example of how our interactions seem to me, but the language is rather offensive, and I'd rather not get banned, just yet. If you're familiar with the movie, it's the scene where they're discussing Rock Ridge, and Taggart replies with "ditto!". Yeah, that's me. Anyway, i don't know the first thing about double eagles, or daytime drama, so...

On 8/6/2022 at 10:33 PM, VKurtB said:

I’ve never seen it that way. But I’m not the guy to consult on Internet discussion board “rules” because, and I can’t possibly stress this enough, I couldn’t possibly care less. I don’t respect the culture of the ‘net, in case you missed that. 

You and me both, brother. My disdain for "e" technology will be felt across my posts. I think certain modern technology is wonderful, but is destroying our species, as we know it. 2.5 million years is a long long time. We made it pretty far without cell phones. Let's see how quickly they destroy us. We're watching it happen already. 

Edited by CoinJockey73

@CoinJockey73:

Re: meshugana.

Curious, so I Googled it. It said, "slang: a crazy person."

A fiend of mine calls me diabolical. If he'd've said, meshugana, I'd've taken that as a compliment. 

I am going to check my dwindling stash of nothingburgers and if I see a good candidate, I'll post it. You have the right attitude. Some here feel they have ownership rights; others take quite ordinary differences in opinion and make them out to be Life or Death matters. As the illustrious @MarkFeld taking a quick departure from decorum and effecting a characteristicly (for him) out of character persona, recently advised me: "Chill Out!" So I did. It was Mark Feld! I felt I had no other choice.  (worship):roflmao:

On 8/7/2022 at 9:15 AM, Quintus Arrius said:

@CoinJockey73:

Re: meshugana.

Curious, so I Googled it. It said, "slang: a crazy person."

A fiend of mine calls me diabolical. If he'd've said, meshugana, I'd've taken that as a compliment. 

I am going to check my dwindling stash of nothingburgers and if I see a good candidate, I'll post it. You have the right attitude. Some here feel they have ownership rights; others take quite ordinary differences in opinion and make them out to be Life or Death matters. As the illustrious @MarkFeld taking a quick departure from decorum and effecting a characteristicly (for him) out of character persona, recently advised me: "Chill Out!" So I did. It was Mark Feld! I felt I had no other choice.  (worship):roflmao:

Well, obviously, nothing here is mine. I jest in saying the thread is mine. But it's mine. I'd say that's pretty obvious. 

On 8/7/2022 at 3:22 AM, CoinJockey73 said:

New Jersey, is a sweaty armpit. 

Especially when there’s a land breeze at Seaside Heights.