• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Smelly feet lovers, read this! You know you luv smelly feet if you click this link
5 5

635 posts in this topic

On 12/4/2022 at 2:51 PM, pigeonman333rd said:

Man Bravo to the Silver Hounds I got to Get me some Quarters to search! Here's all I found 2 copper nickels searching bags of all change.

jefobv.JPG

jefobv2.JPG

jefrev.JPG

jefrev2.JPG

Pretty sure thes were burried or metal detector finds.  Look at the dirt on them.  Ive een lots of these on metal detecting sites so I doubt its a copper nicklel.  how would the mint make a copper nickel anyways? it can't be a penny planchets because its too big and fills all the space.  What's it weigh?  I think that would be the easiest way to check.  isnt a nickle mostly copper anyways?

On 12/5/2022 at 11:09 AM, NewGuy1 said:

Pretty sure thes were burried or metal detector finds.  Look at the dirt on them.  Ive een lots of these on metal detecting sites so I doubt its a copper nicklel.  how would the mint make a copper nickel anyways? it can't be a penny planchets because its too big and fills all the space.  What's it weigh?  I think that would be the easiest way to check.  isnt a nickle mostly copper anyways?

Oh so true! And thank you. One weights 5.02grams the other weights 4.95grams their regular nickels the corrosion just makes them look copper I guess I just thought they were coated.