• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Smelly feet lovers, read this! You know you luv smelly feet if you click this link
5 5

635 posts in this topic

In the OP's temporary absence, I have found and taken the liberty of re-posting elsewhere, the Administrator's classic post in which she closes by stating, "It stops now." Re:  "If you Violate the Guidelines you will be Suspended and Disfellowshipped" or "Excommunicated," or something similar, in substance. It behooves every member to take a look.

On 9/1/2022 at 2:39 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

That's a fact! There's only one person I'll bow down to in circulation finds, and it's @AmberLarry over on CT. That guy is unreal! I saw he asked about me over on CT, please send him my best. I watch his finds every day and am always blown away. Thanks @amberlarry! Miss you "grandpa"! Hope all that is going well! 

I posted a hello from you

Edited by Frank

On 8/27/2022 at 8:59 AM, CoinJockey73 said:

Hi everyone. Sorry for the little hiatus. I recently was convicted of some silly petty whatever, and was told i could serve 7 days in the local clink, or pay 500 bucks. I chose the ladder. In today's economy, with inflation rising to pay for, gas prices soaring, politics, anyway, a week's vacation was just what the doctor ordered. I found that nickel whilst in prison, as explained in @EagleRJO's thread. The rest, whatever. 20220827_072006.thumb.jpg.6c01c31c390edc5ad3416b45849a5c6f.jpg20220827_071958.thumb.jpg.2620627eedfe0c0f323c2a2ebb60d500.jpg

seriously?

Prison?

On 9/22/2022 at 6:52 AM, Frank said:

seriously?

Prison?

No, not gaol (an old British term) or the 500 smackeroos. He cryptically "chose the ladder."  This is slang or shorthand for something I am wholly unacquainted with. The important thing is he's, ba-aaAK!  Welcome back!  "Whatcha got?  Watcha got?" as Popeye would say.  :roflmao:

(Man I love this place! There's no telling who'll show up!)

Yo. I'm back from my self-imposed ban. First and foremost, there will be no apologies. I will continue on my current path. Don't go breaking any arms patting anyone on their backs. You didn't get me banned. Reporting my posts didn't get me banned. I got me banned. No one else. I said from page one, I'll be here as long as administration will allow and not one second longer. All me baby. Zero you. My actions are my own. You get nothing. 

To my few friends but obviously many followers, this thread was viewed 1000 times during my week long ban, I'm shutting this one down. There will be no more coins posted by me here. I'm starting a more appropriately named thread. You'll see. As always, thanks for stopping by. Adios.

On 9/22/2022 at 10:28 AM, ShinyObjects said:

Nice to see you back

big-burger-isolated-on-white-260nw-360681992.jpg

Always nice chatting with you. Glad things are well. 

Note to any members who may want to correspond with me, it's better to PM me your info so when I'm banned permanently we'll still be able to communicate. When i was banned on CT i lost a dozen addresses i used to send stuff to. Sorry everyone. 

On 9/22/2022 at 10:14 AM, CoinJockey73 said:

You like that one @Quintus Arrius? I believe the saying is, the lord giveth, and now shall taketh away. Bye bye "nothingburger" thread. 

I'll take that to mean you are knowingly and voluntarily relinquishing your claim to that highly-coveted term of which few on the Forum know the etymology of.  I am going to take it, slap a copyright on it, run with it and make me a mint doing so.  A tribute to your friend and mine, the 'bama bulldog.    :roflmao:

On 9/22/2022 at 4:05 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

I'll take that to mean you are knowingly and voluntarily relinquishing your claim to that highly-coveted term of which few on the Forum know the etymology of.  I am going to take it, slap a copyright on it, run with it and make me a mint doing so.  A tribute to your friend and mine, the 'bama bulldog.    :roflmao:

All yours, pal. 

On 9/22/2022 at 3:05 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

Georgia has bulldogs. ‘Bama has the Crimson Tide, except in Arab, where the peak of the state AND the peak of Nittany Lion fandom coincide. Being a Nittany Lion fan the week after they embarrassed the Auburn Tigers (Worn Beagle!) is a mixed blessing. 

@VKurtB:

I stand corrected. I may not follow sports, but that winningest team, the Crimson Tide had a very popular coach in the late Sixties. The SEC was big then, and bigger now. [And I'm not talking Securities and Exchange Commission]  :roflmao:

I just wanted to thank NGC for my little forced attrition last week. It really gave me time to observe the forums and see how people post around here and what's acceptable. It looks like you're supposed to post no pictures and useless comments. Ok? I get banned for posting nothing BUT pictures, while everyone else just scares potential clients/readers away. Ok? I can do that. Sad, because i have new junk from the cull box every day. You should see what garbage i found in that cull box, literally the worst cull box on the planet. Some very cool junky stuff. Oh well. Seems that may get me banned, again, and the good lord knows, we don't want that (that's not religious). Sorry, no pics. Only innocuous comments. This is all opinion,

The sky is blue, today. 

I like turtles. 

Call me Ishmael. 

Water freezes at 0°c.

I want to believe. 

Hope that was as good as what i usually put up because that's about all I'm givin...

Peace out, homies.

On 9/23/2022 at 11:50 AM, CoinJockey73 said:

(As set forth hereinabove)

I posted [re-posted] the Guidelines [elsewhere] because everything in them is spelled out.  I don't know that posting coins, per se, is a violation of any kind--excepting inordinate volume, but it is more the commentary which accompanies your posts. I did PM a member who took to the airwaves to emphasize post content which he felt may be offensive, but that only serves to give what he felt objectionable, wider exposure. If anyone has a problem with your postings, I would hope they would do for you what one member did for me: bring it to my attention straightforwardly and non-judgmentally--and privately, via PM. The problem with social forums, for me, is my brand of quirky humor doesn't translate well over the wire--unless people have gotten to know me.  Many viewers, I know, wish I would dispense with the theatrics and non-numismatic forays my posts take.  NGC, in their infinite wisdom--per the Guidelines!--has given me some latitude with the tacit understanding that I accept that I do not enjoy unconditional immunity. The thing is we have to be mindful of an audience we do not know the true nature and scope of, so the best approach, I feel, is one taken with caution ever mindful that members may find what we have to offer to be of limited utility and interest. The membership was ready to accommodate me and I can only guess my eccentric posts have found some favor with top management. I would advise caution and eternal vigilance. That's the safest way. Good luck, CJ.

Edited by Quintus Arrius
The usual die-polishing.

On 9/23/2022 at 12:22 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

I posted [re-posted] the Guidelines [elsewhere] because everything in them is spelled out.  I don't know that posting coins, per se, is a violation of any kind--excepting inordinate volume, but it is more the commentary which accompanies your posts. I did PM a member who took to the airwaves to emphasize post content which he felt may be offensive, but that only serves to give what he felt objectionable, wider exposure. If anyone has a problem with your postings, I would hope they would do for you what one member did for me: bring it to my attention straightforwardly and non-judgmentally--and privately, via PM. The problem with social forums, for me, is my brand of quirky humor doesn't translate well over the wire--unless people have gotten to know me.  Many viewers, I know, wish I would dispense with the theatrics and non-numismatic forays my posts take.  NGC, in their infinite wisdom--per the Guidelines!--has given me some latitude with the tacit understanding that I accept that I do not enjoy unconditional immunity. The thing is we have to be mindful of is an audience we do not know the true nature and scope of, so the best approach, I feel, is one taken with caution ever mindful that members may find what we have to offer to be of limited utility and interest. The membership was ready to accommodate me and I can only guess my eccentric posts have found some favor with top management. I would advise caution and eternal vigilance. That's the safest way. Good luck, CJ.

Ditto. 

On 9/23/2022 at 10:50 AM, CoinJockey73 said:

I just wanted to thank NGC for my little forced attrition last week. It really gave me time to observe the forums and see how people post around here and what's acceptable. It looks like you're supposed to post no pictures and useless comments. Ok? I get banned for posting nothing BUT pictures, while everyone else just scares potential clients/readers away. Ok? I can do that. Sad, because i have new junk from the cull box every day. You should see what garbage i found in that cull box, literally the worst cull box on the planet. Some very cool junky stuff. Oh well. Seems that may get me banned, again, and the good lord knows, we don't want that (that's not religious). Sorry, no pics. Only innocuous comments. This is all opinion,

The sky is blue, today. 

I like turtles. 

Call me Ishmael. 

Water freezes at 0°c.

I want to believe. 

Hope that was as good as what i usually put up because that's about all I'm givin...

Peace out, homies.

It IS called a “discussion board” after all, not a digital photo album. Photos consume HUGE amounts of data. 

On 9/23/2022 at 3:57 PM, VKurtB said:

It IS called a “discussion board” after all, not a digital photo album. Photos consume HUGE amounts of data. 

A member closes with "Peace out, homies," and you can't offer up a "Troo dat."?  A-a-a-h, missed opportunities!  :roflmao:

That's what I love about this place!  You never know who's going to pop up and hit you with a reality check.  I stand corrected. Photos do consume an inordinate amount of "band-width." Troo dat!  :facepalm:

On 9/23/2022 at 3:09 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

A member closes with "Peace out, homies," and you can't offer up a "Troo dat."?  A-a-a-h, missed opportunities!  :roflmao:

That's what I love about this place!  You never know who's going to pop up and hit you with a reality check.  I stand corrected. Photos do consume an inordinate amount of "band-width." Troo dat!  :facepalm:

I’m a real oldfashioned guy on tech. I ran a BBS back in 1985. All text, no pictures. Not even WYSIWIG fonts. Pure 100% plain text. I like to write. I also spent a GIHUGEOUS part of my career in the photo industry. I own far more film cameras than digital ones. I still do darkroom stuff. So no, digital pictures of mundane coins are not my cup o’ tea. Pictures are too much like work. I enjoy WRITING for enjoyment. 

Edited by VKurtB

Hey @Quintus Arrius, you say you're the top rated golden French roosters on this site, right? How much money do you win every year? It says they give away 20k in prizes to the top rated sets! I'm well on my way to best cull box finds, so i wonder how much of the kiddy I'll get to take home? Hopefully a big fat chunk! 

Edited by CoinJockey73

On 9/24/2022 at 2:00 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

Hey @Quintus Arrius, you say you're the top rated golden French roosters on this site, right? How much money do you win every year? It says they give away 20k in prizes to the top rated sets! I'm well on my way to best cull box finds, so i wonder how much of the kiddy I'll get to take home? Hopefully a big fat chunk! 

That don’t do Registry Sets of junk. Kondition is King. Always has been, always will be. How much calcium crud is too much for you?

Edited by VKurtB

@CoinJockey73:

No, not this site. On the left coast, as the crow flies. My short-set is posted here at NGC. The complete set is posted yonder.  I am afraid VKurtB is right: prizes, where awarded, are given to owners of the best sets.  My highest graded set is by no means the best possible. Any Rooster fanatic can consign me and my set to the "been there, done that" category--in an eye blink. Me thinks the #1 ranked set here at NGC is superior to my compilation at PCGS--and was assembled, if memory serves, in just a few moves with lightning speed. [If I am not mistaken, NGC provides a feature on their Set Registry that allows you, and interested parties, to view the "construction" of your set, on a coin-by-coin, date-by-date, basis.]  To be fair, one of the TPGS encourages the building of low-ball sets and even advises it is a lot easier said, than done. Honestly, do any of your finds--excepting that 1934 quarter Dillinger kept in his left vest pocket when he kept his date with destiny--rate submission?