• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Smelly feet lovers, read this! You know you luv smelly feet if you click this link
5 5

635 posts in this topic

Got this in change from my local patisserie. I luv a good croissant. And i always pronounce the r in croissant, croy-sant, like a good American. I luv speaking foreign languages, don't you @Quintus Arrius?

20220911_194009.thumb.jpg.9945fc4b3e52b1c944692f4463f34d40.jpg

☆ notes are different than coins. I don't find them, they find me. 

On 9/11/2022 at 7:49 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

Got this in change from my local patisserie. I luv a good croissant. And i always pronounce the r in croissant, croy-sant, like a good American. I luv speaking foreign languages, don't you @Quintus Arrius?

This guy is mocking me! :roflmao: I can understand pronouncing the "r" in cruller, but in croissant? That's blasphemous! How am I to explain this to my French-speaking wife? 🤔 

On 9/11/2022 at 8:53 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

This guy is mocking me! :roflmao: I can understand pronouncing the "r" in cruller, but in croissant? That's blasphemous! How am I to explain this to my French-speaking wife? 🤔 

What's a cruller? And i specifically said it was a croy-sant, not a croissant. And please ask the Mrs to translate patisserie and croissant. I have no idea what they mean. Thank you. 

On 9/11/2022 at 8:53 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

Confused? As to what? It's a joke! I hear guys saying CROY-ler all the time; croissant, is, well Kwah-SAHNT. Nothing to be concerned about. I never heard anyone, on the Forum, or off, entertain the thought of being banned, but you do not offend anyone so we are all Kool and the Gang! 😉 

On 9/11/2022 at 9:00 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

What's a cruller? And i specifically said it was a croy-sant, not a croissant. And please ask the Mrs to translate patisserie and croissant. I have no idea what they mean. Thank you. 

It is absolutely NOT mispronounced croysant; how can you buy something without knowing what it is? (Let me guess, may I have (pointing) one of those, please.) In any event, a CROY-ler--is this :signofftopic: comment even permissible?--is a long thin sugary sweet with lands and grooves, on the outside. The Mexicans serve them from small carts in the subway. A croissant is a pastry fashioned in the shape of, what else, a crescent. A patisserie is simply a shop that makes cakes, cookies and bon-bon. [Your testing the patience of Moderation, and may yet get me banned!]  :baiting:

On 9/11/2022 at 9:19 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

It is absolutely NOT mispronounced croysant; how can you buy something without knowing what it is? (Let me guess, may I have (pointing) one of those, please.) In any event, a CROY-ler--is this :signofftopic: comment even permissible?--is a long thin sugary sweet with lands and grooves, on the outside. The Mexicans serve them from small carts in the subway. A croissant is a pastry fashioned in the shape of, what else, a crescent. A patisserie is simply a shop that makes cakes, cookies and bon-bon. [Your testing the patience of Moderation, and may yet get me banned!]  :baiting:

Those things the "Mexicans" serve are churros, yum. Ok. I'll back off, leave you alone. I don't want you getting in trouble. 

On 9/11/2022 at 10:06 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

Those things the "Mexicans" serve are churros, yum. Ok. I'll back off, leave you alone. I don't want you getting in trouble. 

Churros, exactly! I am going to--what's that term Eddie Murphy used in "Trading Places"?--"retire" now. Bother me? Not at all! I simply place my forearm on the table i/f/o me, and clear the slate. Voila!  Tune in tomorrow for another episode of "Q.A.'s Q.&A."  :makepoint: doh! :facepalm: :roflmao:

On 9/11/2022 at 10:32 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

Churros, exactly! I am going to--what's that term Eddie Murphy used in "Trading Places"?--"retire" now. Bother me? Not at all! I simply place my forearm on the table i/f/o me, and clear the slate. Voila!  Tune in tomorrow for another episode of "Q.A.'s Q.&A."  :makepoint: doh! :facepalm: :roflmao:

Looking forward to it. 

On 9/11/2022 at 6:49 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

That $20 looks a lot nicer than the $10 you showed earlier. Nice lower serial number too. 

I was thinking of reviewing my meager U.S. holdings, but this thread vibrates at a certain frequency. And, regrettably, when it comes to taking pictures, this "smart" phone is not all its cracked up to be.  (shrug)

On 9/12/2022 at 4:10 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

I was thinking of reviewing my meager U.S. holdings, but this thread vibrates at a certain frequency. And, regrettably, when it comes to taking pictures, this "smart" phone is not all its cracked up to be.  (shrug)

Very few people are aware of said "vibrations" and "frequencies". Consider yourself one of the privileged. You're now officially a member of the he-man woman haters club. I just made that up. 

On 9/12/2022 at 6:29 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

Very few people are aware of said "vibrations" and "frequencies". Consider yourself one of the privileged. You're now officially a member of the he-man woman haters club. I just made that up. 

Correct me IF I'm wrong, but it seems to me it would be a sacrilege to introduce a dime, quarter or half on your thread. I do not wish to engage in one-upmanship. You post what you've found. That's very humble. True, I have a few odds and ends (to the everlasting astonishment of those who believe I was born with a Rooster in my mouth) but none, to my recollection, were "found." To claim otherwise would be cheating. I enjoy your offerings, as is.  (thumbsu

On 9/12/2022 at 6:45 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

Correct me IF I'm wrong, but it seems to me it would be a sacrilege to introduce a dime, quarter or half on your thread. I do not wish to engage in one-upmanship. You post what you've found. That's very humble. True, I have a few odds and ends (to the everlasting astonishment of those who believe I was born with a Rooster in my mouth) but none, to my recollection, were "found." To claim otherwise would be cheating. I enjoy your offerings, as is.  (thumbsu

There will never be one upmanship here. You should know that! Post whatever you like, whatever you can find. 

Sorry site. Super busy day with BTS and everything. I drop the kiddies off, then stay outside the school for the whole first day, in case something goes wrong, I'll be right there. Anyway, was very busy doing homework for the kids. Nowadays, as competitive as everything is, kids need an edge, so i do all homework for them. Anyway, busy day! 

20220912_125837.thumb.jpg.7dde2798c75654ead984cbd427e35d77.jpg20220912_125829.thumb.jpg.6e381db6176fc20b3af832ee11e95da2.jpg

Edited by CoinJockey73

On 9/12/2022 at 10:55 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

20220912_140225.thumb.jpg.15555f60afdd822aacc31b2f55964516.jpg

Mind you, these were not found in circulation....

You just hadda say that! What about your credibility now? Pffft!  :roflmao:

Edited by Quintus Arrius