• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Smelly feet lovers, read this! You know you luv smelly feet if you click this link
5 5

635 posts in this topic

@Quintus Arrius, this is how i file/store my coins. I sure hope I'm doing it right. I'd really hate to offend some real pros.

20220909_135508.thumb.jpg.8281a47640d9ee3edc177bffe4f76820.jpg

Those 9 silver quarters to the left were all from last week. None are nice enough to replace any of the plugs in my books, so i have to "file" them with the others. The big ziplok baggie is the filing cabinet. Then there are smaller ziplok baggies inside that one. Those are all different dates and mint marks. It weights quite a few lbs! A place for everything, and everything in it's place. Walla! I'm thinking of changing how everything has been done, up until present. There's pre-CJ73, and now. That's it in numismatic time. 

@CoinJockey73:

There is no right way or wrong way.

If you become aware a coin has value, you house it accordingly.  [Word has it some rate authentication and certification!]

I have loose, raw coins, jostling each other in a kitchen drawer.

On 9/9/2022 at 3:42 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

@CoinJockey73:

There is no right way or wrong way.

If you become aware a coin has value, you house it accordingly.  [Word has it some rate authentication and certification!]

I have loose, raw coins, jostling each other in a kitchen drawer.

I put all those big ziplok baggies, inside those awesome new target disposable bags, and carry those around. I generally look like a vagabond, but who cares? I'm glad i can't get in trouble for doing it, myyyyy waaayyyyy! Little broadway there, like it? That was from that show with all the musical numbers, and the people on stage. 

Edited by CoinJockey73

Nonetheless, there are viewers who are knowingly clucking: "This CJ is a legend in his own mind."  Hard to believe the entire finicky Forum turned against me, in an eyeblink, for sticking up for some little guy. I love everybody regardless of religious proclivities. 🐓 

On 9/10/2022 at 1:44 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

Nonetheless, there are viewers who are knowingly clucking: "This CJ is a legend in his own mind."  Hard to believe the entire finicky Forum turned against me, in an eyeblink, for sticking up for some little guy. I love everybody regardless of religious proclivities. 🐓 

Religion? Only religion here is the coin gods. Want proof? It's in the puddin. Ban me. As far as legend? My own mind is exactly where i want to be! No grumpy old men there being all jealous. Just daily finds. By the way, there were two 1909 in that dump, none of the good ones, and six very beat up S cents. Cool finds for 3 bucks. These were clearly gone through and tossed. Took me like 20 minutes to go through all of them. Lots of 1955s. Aren't they special for some reason? 

On 9/10/2022 at 4:22 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

Hey, look at that! Two 1953S in the same dump! The mint marks look so different. Whatever. 

Not for nothing, but not for one second do I believe the veracity of your claim these--or any of the previous coins you've posted, were found in a magical waterfall [you call a dump] only you have exclusive access to in the Twilight Zone. Does this mean we can still be friends? Absolutely!  I am merely stating my biased opinion in the absence of facts.  :roflmao:

On 9/10/2022 at 6:14 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

Not for nothing, but not for one second do I believe the veracity of your claim these--or any of the previous coins you've posted, were found in a magical waterfall [you call a dump] only you have exclusive access to in the Twilight Zone. Does this mean we can still be friends? Absolutely!  I am merely stating my biased opinion in the absence of facts.  :roflmao:

When did i ever make such voracious claims? The "dump" was dumped on a local merchant who in turn dumped them on me, which i was glad they did. No magical waterfall, but this place does feel like the twilight zone. And we better still be friends. I'm hoping we're friends till the end. Hi-de-ho. Hahaha.

https://youtu.be/dk7PQMOr6x0

Edited by CoinJockey73

On 9/10/2022 at 7:39 PM, Dano1969 said:

Does it have a “VDB” on the reverse?

Nope. First thing i checked after not seeing an S. I'm going to have to go through all those 55P cents, look for that ddo. Thanks for the reminder. 

On 9/10/2022 at 6:36 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

@AdamWL thanks for stopping by brother. Makes it all worth while. 

No problem. I got that '41 Jefferson back in change at a convenience store that I frequent.

Once, a couple years back at the same store, the cashier asked if I minded getting a half dollar back in change because they were low on quarters. I said that was fine. I have no idea why I just took it and put it in my pocket without looking at the date. It wasn't until I got home that I realized it was a 1964. As I sat down I heard the ring of silver as it collided with keys and other coins in my pocket.

I went back to the store since it was so close to home and asked her if she had more halves. She said she had given the remaining 2 away as change in the time since I'd left. Darn the luck. I still wonder if the person or people who got the other ones knew or found out what they'd been given, assuming they were all '64's.

On 9/10/2022 at 7:47 PM, AdamWL said:

No problem. I got that '41 Jefferson back in change at a convenience store that I frequent.

Once, a couple years back at the same store, the cashier asked if I minded getting a half dollar back in change because they were low on quarters. I said that was fine. I have no idea why I just took it and put it in my pocket without looking at the date. It wasn't until I got home that I realized it was a 1964. As I sat down I heard the ring of silver as it collided with keys and other coins in my pocket.

I went back to the store since it was so close to home and asked her if she had more halves. She said she had given the remaining 2 away as change in the time since I'd left. Darn the luck. I still wonder if the person or people who got the other ones knew or found out what they'd been given, assuming they were all '64's.

Great stories! I've only ever received one silver quarter in change. I was being over charged, at the time, and was furious i was getting 50 cents back, then i heard the clunk as it hit my other change. Turns out being over charged 50 cents made me about 6 bucks, that day. Keep all your finds coming! 

On 9/10/2022 at 7:39 PM, Dano1969 said:

Does it have a “VDB” on the reverse?

How can it? This was an altered 1999.  (Couldn't help myself. Carry on!)  :roflmao:

On 9/10/2022 at 7:44 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

Nope. First thing i checked after not seeing an S. I'm going to have to go through all those 55P cents, look for that ddo. Thanks for the reminder. 

Even the novice numismatist is sitting there shaking his head: "fat chance."  :roflmao: (worship)

On 9/10/2022 at 7:47 PM, AdamWL said:

.... I still wonder if the person or people who got the other ones knew or found out what they'd been given, assuming they were all '64's.

Of course knew! And yes, they were both '64's.  Any claim Q.A. is strictly a hoarder and nothing else, is more than a great exaggeration. It is a bald-faced, d*a*m*n*a*b*l*e  lie!    :makepoint: :roflmao:

On 9/10/2022 at 9:53 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

Even the novice numismatist is sitting there shaking his head: "fat chance."  :roflmao: (worship)

I am the "novice numismatist". Well, not really. I don't really care. Are they that rare? I had no idea. Seems to be on every list, which is why i grasped for it. I found 3 ddr on the 1939 nickel. I never look at cents, why bother? Figured I'd give these a shot. I do always appreciate the positive vibes though.