• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Smelly feet lovers, read this! You know you luv smelly feet if you click this link
5 5

635 posts in this topic

@CoinJockey73:

No, not this site. On the left coast, as the crow flies. My short-set is posted here at NGC. The complete set is posted yonder.  I am afraid VKurtB is right: prizes, where awarded, are given to owners of the best sets.  My highest graded set is by no means the best possible. Any Rooster fanatic can consign me and my set to the "been there, done that" category--in an eye blink. Me thinks the #1 ranked set here at NGC is superior to my compilation at PCGS--and was assembled, if memory serves, in just a few moves with lightning speed. [If I am not mistaken, NGC provides a feature on their Set Registry that allows you, and interested parties, to view the "construction" of your set, on a coin-by-coin, date-by-date, basis.]  To be fair, one of the TPGS encourages the building of low-ball sets and even advises it is a lot easier said, than done. Honestly, do any of your finds--excepting that 1934 quarter Dillinger kept in his left vest pocket when he kept his date with destiny--rate submission?

On 9/24/2022 at 4:55 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

@CoinJockey73:

No, not this site. On the left coast, as the crow flies. My short-set is posted here at NGC. The complete set is posted yonder.  I am afraid VKurtB is right: prizes, where awarded, are given to owners of the best sets.  My highest graded set is by no means the best possible. Any Rooster fanatic can consign me and my set to the "been there, done that" category--in an eye blink. Me thinks the #1 ranked set here at NGC is superior to my compilation at PCGS--and was assembled, if memory serves, in just a few moves with lightning speed. [If I am not mistaken, NGC provides a feature on their Set Registry that allows you, and interested parties, to view the "construction" of your set, on a coin-by-coin, date-by-date, basis.]  To be fair, one of the TPGS encourages the building of low-ball sets and even advises it is a lot easier said, than done. Honestly, do any of your finds--excepting that 1934 quarter Dillinger kept in his left vest pocket when he kept his date with destiny--rate submission?

I was building my collection here coin by coin, day by day. Oh well. Back to the inane comments. Again, all opinion, 

It may snow when cold enough. 

I prefer hardwood floors to carpet. 

We're all clones, all are one and one are all, all are one and one are all. 

Many wars have been started by

As if.

Enjoy the weekend, everyone! 

Edited by CoinJockey73

I’m thinking of combining the Bobsled World Championships at St. Moritz with the Berlin Coin Fair. The four-man bobsled conflicts with Berlin, but the other events precede it. 

On 9/24/2022 at 10:32 PM, VKurtB said:

I’m thinking of combining the Bobsled World Championships at St. Moritz with the Berlin Coin Fair. The four-man bobsled conflicts with Berlin, but the other events precede it. 

I like way you think outside the box.  Sounds perfectly feasible to me. Don't forget to tell them Quintus is rooting for the underdog: the Jamaican bobsled team a la "Cool Runnings."  :roflmao:

On 9/24/2022 at 10:44 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

I like way you think outside the box.  Sounds perfectly feasible to me. Don't forget to tell them Quintus is rooting for the underdog: the Jamaican bobsled team a la "Cool Runnings."  :roflmao:

I thought i was the underdog, around here. 

On 9/24/2022 at 11:02 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

I thought i was the underdog, around here. 

You may have been, but no longer are.  Most of the underdogs assume defensive positions; you've asserted yourself and hold your own well. Me thinks you do not need a sponsor or corner man. Post your finds and accompanying commentary modestly, avoiding repetition and abrasive assertiveness, and you will be accepted.  Not universally--it's impossible to please everyone, but with a view toward supplementing the memberships' body of knowledge. I made it, to an extent; so can you. Guidelines are the playing rules. I review them to refresh my recollection. Are you aware Guidlines rules mandate you sign out every session?  I didn't and wouldn't for fear of not getting back it, but no longer question it anymore.  I just do it..

On 9/25/2022 at 1:21 AM, Quintus Arrius said:

You may have been, but no longer are.  Most of the underdogs assume defensive positions; you've asserted yourself and hold your own well. Me thinks you do not need a sponsor or corner man. Post your finds and accompanying commentary modestly, avoiding repetition and abrasive assertiveness, and you will be accepted.  Not universally--it's impossible to please everyone, but with a view toward supplementing the memberships' body of knowledge. I made it, to an extent; so can you. Guidelines are the playing rules. I review them to refresh my recollection. Are you aware Guidlines rules mandate you sign out every session?  I didn't and wouldn't for fear of not getting back it, but no longer question it anymore.  I just do it..

Thanks for the tips. I'll just keep doing the new stuff I've been doing. Zero pics of coins, and complete nonsense for written word. Seems to protect most members, so I'll stay the course. Much less work for me. Happy Sunday, everyone! 

On 9/25/2022 at 2:47 AM, CoinJockey73 said:

Thanks for the tips. I'll just keep doing the new stuff I've been doing. Zero pics of coins, and complete nonsense for written word. Seems to protect most members, so I'll stay the course. Much less work for me. Happy Sunday, everyone! 

Please do share pictures, when you have something noteworthy to share. Good quality pieces or things seldom seen. 

This'll be my last post. You guys got me, the jig is up. 

There's nothing special about my "finds". They're from a local coin dealer's cull box. That and an old family junk drawer. Hope you all don't feel too deceived, but due to the shame of all this, i won't be back.

Big mystery over, and i hope my little 6 week stint was quick. Sorry for the horrific charade. I'm really a terrible person. Oh well! Bye!

On 9/30/2022 at 3:51 AM, CoinJockey73 said:

This'll be my last post. You guys got me, the jig is up. 

There's nothing special about my "finds". They're from a local coin dealer's cull box. That and an old family junk drawer. Hope you all don't feel too deceived, but due to the shame of all this, i won't be back.

Big mystery over, and i hope my little 6 week stint was quick. Sorry for the horrific charade. I'm really a terrible person. Oh well! Bye!

Self awareness is important. 

Remember Joan Rivers?  "Can we talk?"

There is no "self-awareness" here. There is, however, "self-preservation."

I've got 99 members standing up and pointing their collective fingers at me:  "J'accuse!"

Everything went along swimmingly until I casually, rather off-handedly, made the observation,  "I do not believe you found these coins where you say you did."  

I staged a laughably inept session of moot Court.  The moderators saw fit to allow it. And not minutes after press time, I became a Bully:  I literally ran someone off the chat board!  Over what?  Chump change?  What did I do?  I believe the truth lies in something more sinister.  There's much more to this elopement than meets the eye.  Only time will tell...

“Snowflakes” need not apply in numismatics. My own deeply held opinion. I still think the OP’s stuff mostly looked like fountain scrapings. 

Edited by VKurtB

Coins thrown into public fountains in the City of New York are illegal to retrieve except by those on the Parks Department payroll tasked to remove them.

I tell you there is something sinister here. I live in El Barrio. It is arguably a high-crime area. I'm up on the second floor. I leave my door unlocked. What me worry?

But I cite an area comprised of two counties 125 miles long and all hell breaks loose.  Gold roosters vs degraded coins, with an occasional War nickel thrown into the mix.  Where is the perceived threat?  You kiddin' me?  "Funny how?  Like I'm a clown here to amuse you?  What the ---- is so funny about me?"  There's more to this... 

Here is a really rare buffalo nickel that i got out of a local dealers buffalo nickel junk box.  The ultra rare 1915 ddo nickel, with doubling on eye., lips, and nostril.  Not to be confused with the somewhat common 1930 DDO's.  Price was 50 cents or so I believe.  I have it on ebay now.  It is Good condition (scratched)  Still nice to  have one in any condition.

This one is very rare and has been looked for for well over 30 years.  It has been in cherrypickers guide for a long time.

s-l1600 (2).1915.ddo2.jpeg

Edited by t-arc

I am by no means qualified to pass judgment on this rare find, but if what you say is true and this thing has been floating around for over a hundred years, undetected, I am qualified to suggest that maybe it's time for the dealer to retire.  Rare finds in bargain boxes are, well, rarely found and most dealers are careful to give candidates a good once-over before relegating them to such fates.

On 12/4/2022 at 2:53 PM, pigeonman333rd said:

darn I just nocked over a box of unc wheat penny rolls now I got to get gloves and start casing good Luck Out There Happy Roll Hunting

Good luck to you as well. Hope you find some good ones. 

On 9/24/2022 at 1:55 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

@CoinJockey73:

May be the 2 1982's but those copper nickels are one cull one copper coated keeper I think or should I say Me thinks?

On 12/4/2022 at 4:08 PM, pigeonman333rd said:

I would definitely like to own one of those cull or not that's Cool! 

This one came from my brother in law. He had a few coins he had in a box collection. Had a few silver coins in it. That was one of the better ones. The best one was a 2006 ASE in a box. It was uncirculated. Had a worn out Morgan also. 

Edited by Hoghead515

On 12/4/2022 at 1:23 PM, Hoghead515 said:

This one came from my brother in law. He had a few coins he had in a box collection. Had a few silver coins in it. That was one of the better ones. The best one was a 2006 ASE in a box. It was uncirculated. Had a worn out Morgan also. 

Or not was a typo don't know how that got in their it would be best to own a 1922 proof like on pawn stars buy yours looks nice I like it any way.

On 12/4/2022 at 11:51 AM, pigeonman333rd said:

Man Bravo to the Silver Hounds I got to Get me some Quarters to search! Here's all I found 2 copper nickels searching bags of all change.

jefobv.JPG

jefobv2.JPG

jefrev.JPG

jefrev2.JPG

I think these are plated guys I don't think they are real but both found in a nickel roll.