• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for more information on a coin I found in Turkey
2 2

9 posts in this topic

I picked this up in Turkey in 2007 while on a senior class trip wit my daughter.

I haven't been able to find anything. Hoping someone here knows something about this coin.

Thanks so much

Resized_20220724_210849.jpeg

Resized_20220724_210904.jpeg

On 7/24/2022 at 9:13 PM, pebjr said:

I picked this up in Turkey in 2007 while on a senior class trip wit my daughter.

I haven't been able to find anything. Hoping someone here knows something about this coin.

Thanks so much

Resized_20220724_210849.jpeg

Resized_20220724_210904.jpeg

...im not sure u want to know, n u will most assuredly r going to get a request for a view of the coin from the edge n its weight in grams n its diameter in mm....

Not all is lost, if you PM (private message) me with a name and address in the United States, I would be delighted to forward to you a small cache of [presumably] Turkish coins as well as a batch of old currency of every denomination imaginable--most with Ataturk's portrait on it-- absolutely free of charge. I am 70 and have no next of kin. No need to thank me; the pleasure is all mine!

On 7/24/2022 at 10:28 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

Not all is lost, if you PM (private message) me with a name and address in the United States, I would be delighted to forward to you a small cache of [presumably] Turkish coins as well as a batch of old currency of every denomination imaginable--most with Ataturk's portrait on it-- absolutely free of charge. I am 70 and have no next of kin. No need to thank me; the pleasure is all mine!

Is that anything like an attaboy?

On 7/24/2022 at 11:35 PM, VKurtB said:

Is that anything like an attaboy?

I don't know but the gentleman, here only 2+ hours, accepted my offer!