• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1982 D small date copper.
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hello so I was coin roll hunting and I came across this small date that looks to have a parcel D mint mark. The weight is 3grams and I was just wondering what you guys think I should do send it in? I also found this 1959 that looks to use to have a wheat back under the memorial any one thing I should send any of them in for grading?

IMG_20220724_002948.jpg

IMG_20220723_161733.jpg

IMG_20220724_002803.jpg

IMG_20220723_180453.jpg

IMG_20220723_180322.jpg

IMG_20220723_180522.jpg

Not sure what you can see, or how you can see anything, on the reverse of the '59-D, too much gunk buildup. May be a case of pareidolia.  The '82 is just a normal copper 1982 small date (if it weighs 3+ grams). I'm not even remotely seeing a D mint mark. Most likely some PMD under the date that once again, makes you see things.  

I do now see what I believe you are talking about being a D mint mark on the 1982.  Looks like a stain of sorts as a D mint mark does not remotely resemble this. Almost looks like an O.  Soak it in pure acetone for a few hours and see if it the "D" looking stain goes away.  

On 7/24/2022 at 12:58 AM, GBrad said:

I do now see what I believe you are talking about being a D mint mark on the 1982.  Looks like a stain of sorts as a D mint mark does not remotely resemble this. Almost looks like an O.  Soak it in pure acetone for a few hours and see if it the "D" looking stain goes away.  

I will do so thanks.