• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not sure if I'm doing this right but....I have a ???

14 posts in this topic

Heyyy Everyone!! How u? Im doing excellent. 

Quick question, and I'm so sorry if I'm not suppose to be asking mess like this...but....ive got a 1982 penny , no mint mark, its not in excellent condition but not too bad either.. can anyone please tell me if its worth any money like the amounts im seeing online?? And if so, WHO WANTS TO BUY IT LOL . I strongly believe we all are walking around with millions in our pocket daily and don't ever even know it. So hopefully this is my lucky day and this girl will be able to pay some student loans off and explore the world or something lol lmk guys. You're all awesome! Thanks again for any info u can give me . I'll attach pics as well. U can also email me at iamashleygt@gmail.com..I'm Ashley btw

16581548953039144928118137757693.jpg

16581549275016557857128596312246.jpg

Your 1982 cent is worth 1 cent --- but even less to a collector due to the green corrosion.

Almost all of the stuff you see on-line are lies. The perpetrators are trying to hook-in buyers of their junk lists and other garbage.

O ok ...well thanks for clearing that up for me. I'm really new at all this..but I will say ppl are buying these coins for lots of mo ey even if they are not worth anything.  I think I may just post them for a lot of money and see who is gonna buy it ...thanks for the info

On 7/18/2022 at 10:12 AM, Cutiedimez said:

O ok ...well thanks for clearing that up for me. I'm really new at all this..but I will say ppl are buying these coins for lots of mo ey even if they are not worth anything.  I think I may just post them for a lot of money and see who is gonna buy it ...thanks for the info

Who? Who is buying them? I don’t believe you. 

Please post links to any websites that you have seen which have examples of people actually paying "lots of money" for coins like this. (Your example is a large date, minted in Philadelphia, most likely a brass example, judging from the appearance. It is not rare). 

On 7/18/2022 at 11:12 AM, Cutiedimez said:

Buying WHAT coins ?  WHICH coins ?

Coin collectors have a wide range of knowledge, but nobody is going to buy a regular ordinary penny for more than a few pennies, even if they overpay by 100-500%.  Nobody is paying $50 or $500 or $5,000 for a penny that is worth $0.01 -- unless their residence is Bellevue Hospital in NYC. xD

It is sad that there are so many that think there is a get rich quick plan to everything. No need to put in your time or years of apprenticeship or schooling. I am way outdated. When I was young I actually liked and wanted to work and accomplish things. :roflmao:Silly me    

Edited by J P Mashoke

Assuming the OP’s picture is legit (a HUGE assumption, I know), this is PRECISELY the type of behavior I’d expect. 

On 9/16/2022 at 10:44 AM, Hobnobbed said:

Struggling to complete your Computer Science assignments? Don't worry, we've got you covered. Our online service  https://stemhave.com/computer-science-homework.html provides 24/7 support, ensuring you get the help you need whenever you need it

Thanks a lot for help!

Edited by adamscotthi