• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sent a coin in with a few others to be graded..
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Sent a coin in with a few others to be graded, its a possible strike thru on rev, and did NOT put down as an error, but set it as Economy.  

Its large, and will be noticed, but will it get graded as such? If not, is there a way to contact NGC?

Thanks, Sam  (Hope I did this right..)

1881 s DMPL REV.jpg

Is the coin one-sided?

Difficult to tell what is going on from the photo.

image.thumb.png.b9c61fd80fb220dd6b93f5e5c22b6eb5.png

Edited by RWB

Does not look like a strike through from the photo, perhaps a lamination issue where that lam piece fell off before striking or simply a stain.   Would need better photos to determine, however, to your question it is unlikely to be graded/holdered as a mint error if you did not pay for the service.   If you want to have that service added I suggest you call NGC customer service on Monday and see if they can add that service to your submission.

Thank you all for replies.  I will contact NGC on monday.. they still do not have my items in their system yet, and unreceived.

The questionable area is black/rusty in color.  Your most likely right about it being a lamination problem.

1881 s DMPL OBV.jpg