• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022-P Sally Ride Quarter Error “DDD” stamp

7 posts in this topic

Spoiler

New to coin collecting. Received this coin in uncirculated quarter roll from US Mint.  What would NGC grade this coin? What kind of error is this? What is the monetary value of a coin with this mark? 

95DEAC4B-6F31-4185-A952-199394CEF35D.jpeg

C35A8DE8-583F-4CBD-9CB0-9A4AA8F5A60C.jpeg

The gash on her cheek and the other marks would make it worth all of 25-cents. It's not a doubled die ---

It is a contact mark where it was hit by the reeded edge of another coin.  Its damage and would lower the grade.  With all of the other marks, scratches and gouges, it would be very lucky to make it out of the MS60-62 range.  I would spend it and look for a better example.

Here are coins leaving the presses, so you can see how they can easily acquire contact marks

46ffhm_kindlephoto-1036259197.thumb.jpg.0574c8204118edcf0b21aabc544d547d.jpg

Edited by Oldhoopster

On 7/8/2022 at 5:08 AM, Oldhoopster said:

It is a contact mark where it was hit by the reeded edge of another coin.  Its damage and would lower the grade.  With all of the other marks, scratches and gouges, it would be very lucky to make it out of the MS60-62 range.  I would spend it and look for a better example.

Here are coins leaving the presses, so you can see how they can easily acquire contact marks

46ffhm_kindlephoto-1036259197.thumb.jpg.0574c8204118edcf0b21aabc544d547d.jpg

Thanks, I didn't know that before. I was actually searching for this https://www.topessaywriting.org/samples/bullying website online because I want to read essay samples and while searching for it online, I found your post.

Thanks, I didn't know that before.

Edited by AngelaMiller

On 7/7/2022 at 6:16 PM, RWB said:

The gash on her cheek and the other marks would make it worth all of 25-cents. It's not a doubled die ---

A few sutures would fix that right up. :roflmao: