• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Greetings from Summer FUN
1 1

74 posts in this topic

On 7/13/2022 at 3:28 AM, zadok said:

...when his old lady takes his paycheck....

The gentleman may be a road-driving, frequent-flying, globe-trotter, but he no longer receives a "paycheck" unless that is a euphemism for something else.  :makepoint: doh! :facepalm:

On 7/13/2022 at 11:45 AM, Quintus Arrius said:

The gentleman may be a road-driving, frequent-flying, globe-trotter, but he no longer receives a "paycheck" unless that is a euphemism for something else.  :makepoint: doh! :facepalm:

I get two. One from the Social Security Administration and one from the Pennsylvania State Employees’ Retirement System. 

[Funny, my beard, down to my navel at its greatest length, never stopped me from doing anything. Not even eating spaghetti. That's what my left hand is for. I was completely shorn and shaved the nite before my wedding, six years ago.]

On 7/13/2022 at 12:45 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

...ur query was addressed to hoghead my repartee the same...try to keep up....

On 7/13/2022 at 5:48 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

[Funny, my beard, down to my navel at its greatest length, never stopped me from doing anything. Not even eating spaghetti. That's what my left hand is for. I was completely shorn and shaved the nite before my wedding, six years ago.]

...role reversal is not a bad thing....

On 7/13/2022 at 7:41 PM, zadok said:

...role reversal is not a bad thing....

The foregoing posturing on my part is wholly dependent on the heat and humidity in August.

On 7/13/2022 at 4:39 PM, DWLange said:

Doggone it. I finally grew my beard back, and now I can't travel.

...seriously?...u wont be able to attend the ANA this year?....

On 7/13/2022 at 1:31 PM, Nutmeg Coin said:

Was Randy Campbell at the ICG table?

He has been tireless trying to help collectors understand grading at shows.

Randy was at ICG and was one of four people who gave a formal talk. 

Att: @VKurtB:

From today's on-line Kitco headline:  "British Royal Mint sees gold bullion sales increase 8% in Q2 (quarter over quarter); silver sales jump 47% in the first 3 months of this year."  That ought to warm the cockles of your heart!

On 7/14/2022 at 1:19 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

Att: @VKurtB:

From today's on-line Kitco headline:  "British Royal Mint sees gold bullion sales increase 8% in Q2 (quarter over quarter); silver sales jump 47% in the first 3 months of this year."  That ought to warm the cockles of your heart!

I have no reaction to that either positive or negative. People think silver is an alternative version of gold, and it just isn’t. The buy/sell spreads are INSANE on silver. Sounds like amateur economic Chicken Littleism at work. 

On 7/14/2022 at 3:05 PM, VKurtB said:

I have no reaction to that either positive or negative. People think silver is an alternative version of gold, and it just isn’t. The buy/sell spreads are INSANE on silver. Sounds like amateur economic Chicken Littleism at work. 

Fair enough, gold bullion sales (presumably) at West Point were down sharply this year over last.

On 7/13/2022 at 5:48 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

Thats what I like about my beard. Have some bisquits and gravy in the mornings and I can eat them all day long. lol