• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Chance This is Legit?
1 1

19 posts in this topic

On 7/3/2022 at 8:28 PM, VKurtB said:

Could gold be in for a price crash?

Thanks, @World Colonial, for speaking for me. Consider the source.  Now, to paraphrase Virginia O'Hanlon, "Papa says, 'if you see it in The New York [Times], it's so.'  (Zimbabwe's interest in gold--in view of its long running inflation--is credible and perfectly understandable.)

Apparently Uganda’s President is putting this idea forward. Even the Assembly wants proof. The prevailing opinion is that gold is the result of heavy metal bombardment in meteoric form as the earth’s crust was cooling, from a nearby nova, so highly concentrated deposits should be the norm. But this kind of number is a more than a doubling of all previous deposits. There are other sources reporting/(parroting?) the story too.

E46DC983-1105-43CE-99E6-FF4A82AFD9A9.jpeg.5f134ae2180f96a2ec20b0777ce8b2b2.jpeg

Edited by VKurtB

On 7/3/2022 at 9:37 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

Thanks, @World Colonial, for speaking for me. Consider the source.  Now, to paraphrase Virginia O'Hanlon, "Papa says, 'if you see it in The New York [Times], it's so.'  (Zimbabwe's interest in gold--in view of its long running inflation--is credible and perfectly understandable.)

...its not even close to christmas yet....

Keep in mind- Uganda ain’t Zimbabwe. They’re not even particularly close. Uganda is bisected by the Equator and Zimbabwe is way south. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 7/3/2022 at 9:54 PM, VKurtB said:

Apparently Uganda’s President is putting this idea forward. Even the Assembly wants proof. The prevailing opinion is that gold is the result of heavy metal bombardment in meteoric form as the earth’s crust was cooling, from a nearby nova, so highly concentrated deposits should be the norm. But this kind of number is a more than a doubling of all previous deposits. There are other sources reporting/(parroting?) the story too.

E46DC983-1105-43CE-99E6-FF4A82AFD9A9.jpeg.5f134ae2180f96a2ec20b0777ce8b2b2.jpeg

...n here i was thinking that the alchemists made all the gold...who knew....

On 7/3/2022 at 10:30 PM, zadok said:

...n here i was thinking that the alchemists made all the gold...who knew....

… or possibly the very colorful imagination of a Ugandan President. 

On 7/3/2022 at 10:52 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

I would LOVE to start a gold collection!:luhv:

We’ll catch a flight to Uganda from the U.K.

On 7/3/2022 at 11:32 PM, VKurtB said:

… or possibly the very colorful imagination of a Ugandan President. 

Which one? Idi Amin?

On 7/3/2022 at 11:28 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

Which one? Idi Amin?

The current one. 
Yoweri Kaguta Museveni Tibuhaburwa. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 7/3/2022 at 11:20 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

I like your style.  Very Indiana Jones.

I even have the hat. 

On 7/4/2022 at 12:55 AM, VKurtB said:

The current one. 
Yoweri Kaguta Museveni Tibuhaburwa. 

[Sorry, that was a joke. He's been long gone. If memory serves, the last time Uganda was big news was during the raid on Entebbe (coincidentally on our bicentennial observance) Happy 4th!]

On 7/4/2022 at 10:37 AM, Quintus Arrius said:

[Sorry, that was a joke. He's been long gone. If memory serves, the last time Uganda was big news was during the raid on Entebbe (coincidentally on our bicentennial observance) Happy 4th!]

...parens n brackets, good job....now if u could only work in a pair of braces then we would have something....

On 7/4/2022 at 11:51 AM, zadok said:

...parens n brackets, good job....now if u could only work in a pair of braces then we would have something....

}{  Like hourglasses?