• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anybody know if NGC can Grade my 3 oz Proof Silver Panda Bar??

11 posts in this topic

I just found out that NGC can grade this 3 oz metal but they would have to crack the glass to get the metal out of the case to graded it..

I originally wanted to get it graded b.c NGC or PCGS has never graded one which would put some value on the Panda in my opinion along with a super low mintage of only 3,000 of these made, plus it would store a lot better but all good.

Thank you everyone!! 

Edited by FLSharkvictim

On 7/1/2022 at 5:55 AM, FLSharkvictim said:

they would have to crack the glass

Isn't that just a magnetic case? Should pop right out of there no problem.

On 7/1/2022 at 5:55 AM, FLSharkvictim said:

I originally wanted to get it graded b.c NGC or PCGS has never graded one which would put some value on the Panda in my opinion

Another rare Top Pop of one with no others across all grades. :eyeroll: Not saying having it graded won't add some value but people have caught on to the Top Pop designation game for the most part, I think... Unless they are registry set chasing in which case they should just submit their own in this scenario, but that will also depend on if you can get NGC to include this coin in a registry set or get one created and that could be a long shot for this coin. 

Nice looking coin. (thumbsu

NGC does not have a registry spot for for this medal so I am just going to tuck it away and leave it as is due to low mintage of only 3000 of these were made... I am sure in 20 years it will be worth a few bucks or at least be worth than what I paid for it.. I am a huge Panda Collector and I also enjoy collecting Morgan Dollars / Peace Dollars / Washington Quarters / Lincolns as well.. I have been working on my Panda registry collection and been trying to complete it. I am only currently ranked 93 on the Silver Panda Registry list for 1 mint mark per date which is not to bad....I am getting there but i still need a few coins to complete the entire set in either MS69 OR MS70's! Anyhow here are all of my Competitive sets that are listed on the NGC Registry.. 

Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 7.43.44 AM.png

Cheers from FL,

flsharkvictim

Edited by FLSharkvictim