• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1910-P Wheatie

10 posts in this topic

On 6/18/2022 at 8:15 PM, JKK said:

Not off enough to be a factor. Still cool, though. I'd give it G-4.

I think that may be a tad harsh.  I see a VG-10, but I am on a small screen. 

On 6/18/2022 at 6:43 PM, VKurtB said:

I think that may be a tad harsh.  I see a VG-10, but I am on a small screen. 

I'm on a good-sized one, and it's a sharp photo (good job, OP). I don't even see enough lines in the wheat for G-6. If there were such a grade as G-5, the hints I see on the right side might qualify it.

On 6/18/2022 at 9:15 PM, JKK said:

I'm on a good-sized one, and it's a sharp photo (good job, OP). I don't even see enough lines in the wheat for G-6. If there were such a grade as G-5, the hints I see on the right side might qualify it.

There’s a lot of “meat” on Lincoln’s mug. The obv clearly beats the rev. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 6/18/2022 at 7:24 PM, VKurtB said:

There’s a lot of “meat” on Lincoln’s mug. The obv clearly beats the rev. 

Perhaps the obverse is nicer than the reverse (not conceding that, but acknowledging it could be true), but at least according to my ANA grading guide, the coin falls short of the standard for VG-8. Has to have half the lines in the wheat. I am not seeing them.

A classic G04 coin, @JKK nailed it on the grade.   I see nothing in your photos to think the coin is off center, and to be worth any premium as an off center error some of the lettering would have to be missing.

On 6/18/2022 at 11:00 PM, Coinbuf said:

A classic G04 coin, @JKK nailed it on the grade.   I see nothing in your photos to think the coin is off center, and to be worth any premium as an off center error some of the lettering would have to be missing.

That’s why I’m in the Newbie forum. I thought that since there was a distinct definition between the bottom edge and Lincoln, it was off a bit but now I see that is not a oddity. Thank you for the response! 

On 6/19/2022 at 3:49 AM, alwayscurious said:

That’s why I’m in the Newbie forum. I thought that since there was a distinct definition between the bottom edge and Lincoln, it was off a bit but now I see that is not a oddity. Thank you for the response! 

If I understand you correctly, you're thinking of the gap between the rim and the base of Lincoln's bust. That gap is standard in the base design. What you mentioned earlier, the slight variance in diameter of the rim, is in the category of imperfections not commanding a premium.