• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Passing
1 1

10 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I read ATS that Charles Cataldo of Alabama Coin & Silver has passed. He was one of the brightest people I've known in the dealer community, and I'll certainly miss him.

My condolences to the family, friends and the numismatic community that knew Mr. Cataldo.  I did not know him, but read he bought his coin shop at age 19, grew his knowledge and business, and was admired by many in the hobby.  I admire the passion and grit it takes to accomplish things like that.  Rest in Peace.     

Indeed, my deepest sympathy to his family and those who knew him. The numismatic community is surprisingly tight, I think it takes going to a lot of shows to realize that. His passing will be felt by many, but hopefully we can all remember to share some of his passion with new faces that enter this hobby. That's the best legacy of all

The Huntsville numismatic community will miss him greatly. He and his wife were present at the March 2022 ANA show at Colorado Springs.