• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1943D One cent , and 1794 flying Hair
1 1

19 posts in this topic

On 6/6/2022 at 3:40 PM, Alex in PA. said:

Just the fact that neither coin is in a TPG slab (NGC or PCGS) and what's that neat device?

It’s not the fact that the coins are ungraded which makes them counterfeit. It’s that their details and surface textures don’t match what’s seen on genuine examples. 

On 6/6/2022 at 6:17 PM, MarkFeld said:

It’s that their details and surface textures don’t match what’s seen on genuine examples. 

And that is why I wait for someone like you to come along.  I cannot grade, nor evaluate, or tell a counterfeit from a brick if it fell on my head  I also 'assume' both are valuable and the two people posing prior to me appear to very much know what they are talking about..  Wasn't being a smart alex but I place a lot of faith in NGC & PCGS.   .  

On 6/6/2022 at 7:32 PM, Hesham Mansour said:

Ok, can you tell me guys about this One too of it’s real or fake 

Did you read the posts that people took the time to write?  Look at post 2,3, and 8.

Go on the internet and look for good photos of Genuine coins of the date and mint on your fakes. Compare genuine to your fakes. Heritage Auctions do not authenticate coins and they certainly did not authenticate the fake you have.

If you still doubt everyone here, send them to NGC along with the appropriate fee and wait for the results. The fake coins will come back unholdered and you will be out several hundred dollars for postage, insurance and the high-value grading fees.

Youd have a better chance at hitting the powerball then finding a real 1943d copper cent. There are millions of counterfeits floating around. As others have said they are both counterfeit. 

On 6/6/2022 at 8:34 PM, Hesham Mansour said:

Ok, I got it . My last question is how about if the cents had passed the magnetic test and the weight is between 2.9g to 3.1g?

thanks all of you for your efforts

The 1943 copper cent is one of the most faked US coins.  You can go to aliexpress and buy chinese fakes made from copper with correct weights for less than $2 each.  How many dozen do you want?

Unless the coin has the correct style, fabric, strike characteristics, lettering, etc as an authentic 1943 cent, it doesn't matter what it weighs or if it sticks to a magnet.  I remember a dealer showing me a couple of fakes when I started collecting over 50 years ago. There are an incredible number of fakes out there