• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to detect stock available from the US Mint
2 2

10 posts in this topic

This from Son of a Silver Stacker on YouTube.

The way to look up how many coins are left of the products that have been released. Select product. Right click a blank area of the Mint product page. Select page source.  Hit control F to open the search box on the top right of page and type in "data-available" and then hit enter. Look for the orange box and you will see the stock available.  I've tried this on several release items and it seems to be correct.

Edited by BearlyHereBear

Yes, from what I've seen it appears that this info resides in the HTML code of the site. I'm not quite sure why there would be a need for it as it's not ever displayed. 

On 6/2/2022 at 8:04 PM, FlyingAl said:

Yes, from what I've seen it appears that this info resides in the HTML code of the site. I'm not quite sure why there would be a need for it as it's not ever displayed. 

The same code is used for multiple viewers who see only what the UI permits. In this situation it is possible the customer service staff see what the customer sees, plus additional data that could help them to take appropriate action. Raw data probably comes from the same sets of databases regardless of UI or user role.

Edited by RWB

On 6/3/2022 at 10:29 AM, RWB said:

he same code is used for multiple viewers who see only what the UI permits. In

The RWB is correct.... depending on a users "role" they may see different information displayed on the web page .  the web page can have differeent looks depending on if it has a function or a "todo" for the user that logs in

On 6/3/2022 at 9:40 AM, JT2 said:

The RWB is correct.... depending on a users "role" they may see different information displayed on the web page .  the web page can have differeent looks depending on if it has a function or a "todo" for the user that logs in

Ah... I hadn't considered users with the necessity to view that, I suppose mint workers may use the same UI. 

On 6/3/2022 at 12:14 PM, FlyingAl said:

Ah... I hadn't considered users with the necessity to view that, I suppose mint workers may use the same UI. 

Data sources would be the same but the user interface (UI) will display different data depending on the role assigned to the user by system administration role definition sub-routine.

The "hack" Bear mentioned also suggests a possible security defect in US Mint (vendor) software.

Edited by RWB

On 6/3/2022 at 11:44 AM, RWB said:

Data sources would be the same but the user interface (UI) will display different data depending on the role assigned to the user by system administration role definition sub-routine.

The "hack" Bear mentioned also suggests a possible security defect in US Mint (vendor) software.

Does that mean I can send ASEs to myself for free?