• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Burnished American Eagles

19 posts in this topic

So yet again the US Mint has release a low population silver American Eagle with a production linit of 160,000.  so why is it that last night i saw on the TV those hucksters already selling the "ADVANCED" releases for $400.  WTF  how many did these guys pick up?  how many of the 160K  did they already give out before the "Collectors"  even had a chance to get them...  Keep this up and i am pretty sure that i will not be in line for these anymore.

It absolutely is unfair to us average joes. I guess it has been a practice for quite a few years. If they didn’t offer the option to these resellers, 

1. it would reduce demand

2. keep prices lower 

When one of these guys buys skids of monster boxes. I’m sure it is hard to say no!

On 6/1/2022 at 5:50 AM, JT2 said:

So yet again the US Mint has release a low population silver American Eagle with a production linit of 160,000.  so why is it that last night i saw on the TV those hucksters already selling the "ADVANCED" releases for $400.  WTF  how many did these guys pick up?  how many of the 160K  did they already give out before the "Collectors"  even had a chance to get them...  Keep this up and i am pretty sure that i will not be in line for these anymore.

The big distributors (HSN, RCTV, CV, AVC, etc...) can get up to 10% of their allotment early and get AR designation on it if it is at NGC before noon today.  That usually means manually picking them up and delivering to Sarasota.

I feel like I should apologize for having an enrollment.  I received notice yesterday that my 2 are processing. 
    I agree ,  it’s frustrating to jump through hoops. The enrollment does open up every once in a while. I worked and worked to get everything I might want on enrollment. I can change quantity up to a few days before release.  
    The advance release started just a couple years ago. I don’t know what the big boys did. I’ve heard buyers club kinda sweat shop style. 
  Good luck this morning. 😉🦫🙀

Good afternoon ladies and gentleman. I guess the hype is more than the demand. I had no problem placing an order for the 2022 W, but my only concern and I wouldn't be surprise if the mint releases more in the near future.

For those who haven’t been paying attention, it has been common knowledge that the Mint services major wholesale dealers with DISCOUNTED numismatic products IN PLAIN CAPSULES, not the full packaging, for quite some time now. This is not a secret. It’s in the Mint’s annual reports. It was requested seven years ago by the wholesale dealers at a meeting at the Chicago World’s Fair of Money meeting between the wholesalers and Mint officials. But yeah, you would have had to be there, like I was, because there was no coin hobby media in the room. I really don’t know WHAT they were covering. The request was announced as granted at the October 2016 Mint forum in Philadelphia. Again, in the room. 

To be eligible for the Bulk Numismatic Purchase Program from the Mint, your order must be over $10,000, or in the case of this product, 150 pieces. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 6/1/2022 at 11:32 AM, FairTradeAct_1935 said:

Good afternoon ladies and gentleman. I guess the hype is more than the demand. I had no problem placing an order for the 2022 W, but my only concern and I wouldn't be surprise if the mint releases more in the near future.

Still available, two hours and 26 minutes in. 

On 6/1/2022 at 2:26 PM, VKurtB said:

Still available, two hours and 26 minutes in. 

So were they lying when they said only 160K for the product availability? i was able to get my limit ..........I certainaly am not going to buy one of those ADVANCED releases for $400  that would be the end of that! 

On 6/1/2022 at 7:34 PM, J P Mashoke said:

https://www.govmint.com/2022-w-1-1oz-burnished-silver-eagle-w-ogp   I think it is to much money for a eagle

Nearly a 42% markup for a coin that you can still buy, as of 7AM today, direct from the mint. I've seen worse. At least everyone that wanted to buy direct from the Mint was able to do so this time.