• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1977 small D penny

7 posts in this topic

Showing the 1977 and 1978 Proof sets. As I was going through and the penny looks over the top bright and shiny. Is this worth anything by itself it looks different to me thanks in advance

16539747871157339698500645598439.jpg

16539749423341148076781553673431.jpg

The 1977 D is from an uncirculated mint set, the 1978 is a proof set.  Generally, the coins in these sets are relatively nice, these are no exception.  The dime is definitely not full bands, look how flat and indistinct the lower bands are.  Not much value, nice coins none the less.

Edited by l.cutler

Good coins for an album, but nothing that will stop traffic.   Just simple strike doubling on the dime, and agree that would not receive a FB designation.

Well, let’s start with the fundamental truth that Roosevelt dimes DON’T HAVE FULL BANDS (FB), but they can have full torch (FT), but then what do I know?