• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Come Sail Away - The “Sailor Head” Patterns of 1875
1 1

67 posts in this topic

On 6/14/2022 at 1:07 PM, CaptHenway said:

Oops. My bad. I meant the 1891 Seated Liberty Half, with the John Reich eagle from 1807.

Not the Barber.

Somehow I missed this, sorry about that. But yes, I agree with you. They are essentially the same. However, we distinguish them because of the circumstances regarding their creation, and that makes them entirely different. The same should be said for the patterns.

On 9/6/2022 at 11:37 PM, CaptHenway said:

Any news?

Yes! I was able to compete a long and arduous revision to this piece and it was sent off to the editor of The Numismatist in July. At that point, I was informed that article review takes longer than PCGS regular grading, that is to say 4-6 months. Should the article be published I will update this thread with those details. 

On 9/7/2022 at 5:27 PM, FlyingAl said:

I was able to compete a long and arduous revision

You know when you have completed revisions when your keyboard becomes sticky with coagulated blood from your bleeding fingers. :)

On 9/7/2022 at 7:26 PM, RWB said:

You know when you have completed revisions when your keyboard becomes sticky with coagulated blood from your bleeding fingers. :)

I believe I did something to the effect of 20+ revisions before the final product was complete, with about a month and a half of research and putting it all together. The help with revisions both here and ATS was amazing to see. Looking at my original post here, I find that even my original assumptions were woefully wrong. I'm certainly happy with it and the work put into it, but we will see if the editors like it as much as I did xD

[Not to cast aspersions on any TPGS' good name, but "received" apparently does not mean "received" in the usual sense.  Received means day and time "opened."  I believe one such party admitted as much in explaining inordinate delays due to necessary preparations taken in the wake of Covid-19, and her sisters and brothers.]  :makepoint:  doh!:facepalm:

Edited by Quintus Arrius
Die polishing: addition of closing brkt.