• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Public Question to Quintus Arrius
1 1

35 posts in this topic

On 5/27/2022 at 3:40 PM, Morpheus1967 said:

Ah, but it was Tommy DeVito (Joe Pesci) who shot Spider.  Both times.  ;)

Hey...Hey.....don't give away the storyline.  Some of us haven't seen the movie....still. xD

Edited by GoldFinger1969

On 7/25/2022 at 10:39 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Hey...Hey.....don't give away the storyline.  Some of us haven't seen the movie....still. xD

Are you even remotely aware it was filmed 32 years ago and all eight classic filming techniques were used in its production?

On 5/27/2022 at 3:40 PM, Morpheus1967 said:

Ah, but it was Tommy DeVito (Joe Pesci) who shot Spider.  Both times.  ;)

Back in the '70s, I had the pleasure of playing the guitar of the real Tommy Devito, one of The Four Seasons.

A Fender Jazzmaster, I switched my guitar, a Gibson SG, with my bandmate — who had borrowed the guitar from the son of DeVito — I played a few chords to see what I was up against, and then held on to it for a few songs.  Silky smooth neck, great high string sustain when played in full treble pickup position — really raw and pure — and I wasn't a fan of the guitar's appearance "style" at the time.  Memorable, nonetheless.

Devito's son died in his sleep a few years later.  I don't remember if he even made it to twenty years of age.

On 7/25/2022 at 10:52 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

Are you even remotely aware it was filmed 32 years ago and all eight classic filming techniques were used in its production?

32 years ago, yes.   Nothing on the filming.xD

On 7/26/2022 at 9:54 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

32 years ago, yes.   Nothing on the filming.xD

So you know nothing about Joe Pesci's unique performance at the restaurant grilling a clueless Ray Liotta... "Funny? How am I funny? Like a clown, I'm here to amuse you?    How am I funny? What the f--- is so funny about me?" (followed by a six-second pause which went down in cinematic history as the most uncomfortable p-a-u-s-e ever recorded   on film. [The long meandering tour thru the bowels of the Casablanca's labyrinth has to rank as one of the most unique pieces of flawless footage ever attempted.] And we still got six more cinematic techniques to go!  All done to period.mucial accompaniment.