• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why did status revert back to scheduled for grading
1 1

11 posts in this topic

On 5/23/2022 at 8:24 PM, Walter Holmes said:

Last week  the status on a submission of a 1650 Liondaalder was grading/encapsulation/imaging. Today it is scheduled for grading. Is this common? My first world submission. 

CBF78D2A-1484-4DAE-B65B-A09DD846AC0E.jpeg

C4A5439A-9954-4021-B5B8-E0929CACF46C.jpeg

I had that happen to my most recent submission too. It went backward several times. BTW, they were non-U.S. too, FWIW. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 5/23/2022 at 8:29 PM, RWB said:

NGC might be able to tell you.

I’ve been chalking this up to new inexperienced staff having issues with the web interface. They have been on a bit of a hiring binge. 

On 5/23/2022 at 9:36 PM, VKurtB said:

I’ve been chalking this up to new inexperienced staff having issues with the web interface. They have been on a bit of a hiring binge. 

I was wondering if this was just a tech glitch, or a possible human error. 

On 5/23/2022 at 8:40 PM, Walter Holmes said:

I was wondering if this was just a tech glitch, or a possible human error. 

It could be that there was a disagreement about the coin and they sent it to a different panel, I suppose. 

On 5/23/2022 at 9:52 PM, VKurtB said:

It could be that there was a disagreement about the coin and they sent it to a different panel, I suppose. 

Today the status is grading/quality control. I wonder what happened to encapsulation/ imaging?

On 5/24/2022 at 5:13 PM, Walter Holmes said:

Today the status is grading/quality control. I wonder what happened to encapsulation/ imaging?

Take the win. 

If anyone is interested the 1650 Liondaalder was shipped out today. It was graded XF Details, OBV-Tooled. Not quite what I expected, but still happy about it. 

C9045A07-F775-4BAF-8711-AC879D4BB326.png

Edited by Walter Holmes