• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Always good to find a 1975 bi-cen quarter
1 1

21 posts in this topic

Thousands of older people habitually tossed these aside when issued and whenever encountered in circulation. Those Bi-Cen Quarter Jars are now being tossed back into circulation by heirs. An Aunt had 5 one-gallon glass jars of these.

On 5/20/2022 at 3:35 PM, bsshog40 said:

Yep, I have  a few I tossed into the coin jar. Just got one in change at the laundromat yesterday. Lol

Most I get are pretty nice but not magnificent. Typical hoarded stuff. Just got my first Sally Ride quarter today. 

On 5/21/2022 at 2:28 PM, BearlyHereBear said:

Double bonus; just found a very pretty 55 & 56 proof set in OGP.

Which kind of 1955 OGP? There were two OGP’s that year. 

On 5/21/2022 at 1:11 PM, BearlyHereBear said:

My mother passed recently.  Was cleaning out stuff and found this:

Image 1 - 1976 U.S. Proof 40% Silver Three Piece 1776-1976 Commemorative Coin Set

Sorry to hear about your Mom. Was she a collector also ?

On 5/21/2022 at 12:13 PM, BearlyHereBear said:

Got 4 of these for $49 each

Image 1 - 2022 S Sally Ride 25c NGC MS 67 American Women Quarter FIRST RELEASES

Not bad. I missed that the Mint is selling S-mint circulation quality Women’s quarters. S-mint circs are magnificently done on a press that was originally intended to strike proofs. It strikes them vertically.  And it runs much slower than Philly and Denver presses striking quarters, which strike horizontally. 

On 5/22/2022 at 12:11 AM, VKurtB said:

Not bad. I missed that the Mint is selling S-mint circulation quality Women’s quarters. S-mint circs are magnificently done on a press that was originally intended to strike proofs. It strikes them vertically.  And it runs much slower than Philly and Denver presses striking quarters, which strike horizontally. 

I have been searching rolls for nice P and D samples of the new quarters but everything has bag marks nothing above a MS 63 to be found yet. Now are these S quarters silver nothing on the label that I see to indicate otherwise?

Edited by J P Mashoke

On 5/22/2022 at 8:41 AM, J P Mashoke said:

I have been searching rolls for nice P and D samples of the new quarters but everything has bag marks nothing above a MS 63 to be found yet. Now are these S quarters silver nothing on the label that I see to indicate otherwise?

Here’s a good alternative for cheap

3E06C04A-D504-4145-8057-B382D0B29DE7.jpeg

D2092EE4-B941-40C8-8271-00250FB52463.jpeg

Edited by Mr.Bill347
Picture

On 5/21/2022 at 11:11 PM, VKurtB said:

Only 300k struck and only available with 3 pack roll of PDS.  All five quarters are sold out for the year by Enrollments. 

On 5/22/2022 at 11:17 AM, BearlyHereBear said:

Those belonged to my grandfather.  I spent many weekends sorting through piles of 500 pennies with him.

That is nice to have cool memories I am sure he enjoyed the time with you..  

On 5/22/2022 at 10:18 AM, BearlyHereBear said:

flat pack

Cool, I “stumbled into” a flat pack at an auction after I already had two boxed 1955’s.