• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JP's Nickels
1 1

10 posts in this topic

On 5/23/2022 at 8:53 PM, Hoghead515 said:

Your sure racking them up. You will have that set finished soon at that rate.  Congrats on the purchase my friend. Great buys. 

It is a large set of coins like quarters Hoghead . I try to pick up at least one or two a week. Sometimes I get lucky and get more but I think there are more Nickel Collectors than there used to be. The prices are going up all the time my $3 and $5 coins are a thing of the past they are all $10 and more it seems. I had to raise my spending threshold from 30% of retail to 40 and 50% . I am also trying to only go with MSFS coins and that will bump things up a bit. Some year nickels there are just no FS coins available without selling the farm with those I just try to find the nicest coins I can.

Today was a nice sunny day so I was able to get a better photo. I wanted to post the 73 D it has a nice blue tone to it.

Toned 73 D.jpg

Looking good JP. It is a monster set to put together when you are doing a full run with proofs. I have been venturing into the full set myself and it is going to be quite the undertaking. Best of luck my friend.

On 5/24/2022 at 5:08 PM, Lem E said:

Looking good JP. It is a monster set to put together when you are doing a full run with proofs. I have been venturing into the full set myself and it is going to be quite the undertaking. Best of luck my friend.

LoL ya I am still working on the regular set but if I happen upon a proof at a sweet price I will grab it. Just doing the Jefferson early set 38 to 64 is a challenge forget the proofs and SMS are killers. Good hunting Lem.

Ya the majority of them are MS 67 68  if you see a 69 it is rare and 70 is out there