• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver stacking. Your opinions wanted.

38 posts in this topic

On 5/18/2022 at 10:14 AM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

Note to self - start stacking kevlar.

Lead, jacketed in copper or antimony, mounted in brass. I met my late father-in-law in his garage, casting .45 slugs and reloading the cartridges. 

On 5/18/2022 at 7:34 PM, Woods020 said:

This is a sound strategy it seems to me. At 10% and a healthy portfolio you are doing things the right way. The 10% PMs won’t see the gains or losses of the other investments, but it’s hard to argue that having a small amount as part of a larger strategy is a bad idea. 

10% is probably too high for most people.  However, if a person has the investment cash flows and diversifies the remaining 90%, it's not reckless for most people.

On 5/18/2022 at 11:31 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

10% is probably too high for most people.  However, if a person has the investment cash flows and diversifies the remaining 90%, it's not reckless for most people.

Agreed. Some may say 10% is too high, but it could be debatable. I think his plan is pretty good. Heck the fact he has a plan puts him so far above the pack it’s sad. Personally I don’t do 10%,  but I don’t think anyone can say he is foolish. 

Beaver would like to share what he’s learned 🦫 ( I’m quite proud of the little fella). Go ahead 😎 

🦫  “ buy on the dip!”

To that end, check this out ( got a massive deal ) 😉🙀🦫

A9FCB273-FE84-4F1D-AF17-20A87AF67E6A.jpeg

I can’t relate personally to having to balance a retirement portfolio. I wasn’t ALLOWED input into my retirement investments. They took HUGE chunks out of my paycheck every two weeks and some alleged experts (their results would suggest otherwise) invested it for me. It’s called a “defined benefit pension” and my benefit is IMMUNE from market downturns. Now that I’m a beneficiary, I like it pretty much. It’s the very lovely People of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania who are on the hook for my pension. Meanwhile, I’m having a lovely day on the front porch of my Alabama homestead, where our Primary is NEXT Tuesday, but we’ll know our winners before Pennsylvania does. 

On 5/17/2022 at 11:01 AM, Scott0949 said:

Yes, I asked for opinions. No, I'm not butthurt. I appreciated the responses except for yours. Everyone else was polite and gave their opinion in a professional manner. Imo, calling someone "stupid" is just bad taste and shows your immaturity. You're entitled to your opinion, just as is everyone else. But to blast out a huge picture that calls me stupid is just bad taste....... period. 

I share your views on KvanFU, or whatever - pretty crass individual. The man holds himself in high esteem, for whatever reason. He'd do well with a little grace, but let's not hold our breath...