• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charmy's 2022 CENTRAL STATES (CSNS) COIN SHOW REPORT w/tons of Pics!
1 1

10 posts in this topic

I understand from another member that the tornado warning siren went off just a few minutes after the show closed.

Did you know that cats have been carried for up to 20 miles by a tornado. Presumably the cats slept the whole time.

It’s a shame Ellsworth didn’t win. His collection is amazing. He is a staple at the shows across the south and I seem to get booths with or close to him often. I usually call him butternut because his dealership is called butternut coins. Always telling a good joke, and sometimes they are even fitting for mixed company 😂 

On 5/5/2022 at 2:42 PM, Woods020 said:

It’s a shame Ellsworth didn’t win. His collection is amazing. He is a staple at the shows across the south and I seem to get booths with or close to him often. I usually call him butternut because his dealership is called butternut coins. Always telling a good joke, and sometimes they are even fitting for mixed company 😂 

Not for any mixed company that is a fan of the Marine Corps, they’re not. My wife would just LOVE to smack Steve in the face. LITERALLY. 

This is another show -- besides Long Beach -- that Charmy has said has some really sizeable pent-up demand from both dealers AND the retail public.  And yet I had been told that attendance at CS and LB had been falling as we hit Covid-19 in early-2020.

I think we can safely assume some or all of these have happened:

• Reports of these shows demise have been exaggerated.
  • There is HUGE pent-up demand from any and all coin collectors and those who attend shows.  Let's see if after 2 or 3 or 4 years the demand is still there.
  • It's possible we have attracted new entrants to this hobby.  Maybe they showed up in force.

As an aside, I'm not sure if the steakhouse Charmy attended is the same but renamed one that I went to back in 2015 on a trip to Wrigley Field.  It was called David Burke's Primehouse and as I recall the 3 of us ran up a $450 bill without wine.  And the $120 ribeye wasn't that hot.  Appetizers and regular steaks/filets were top-notch, though. xD

On 5/10/2022 at 6:19 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

And the $120 ribeye wasn't that hot. 

Yeah. Back then they didn't dry age the ribeye. They got it fresh just before cooking - the before-dinner version in Charmy's last photo.

On 5/10/2022 at 7:33 PM, RWB said:

Yeah. Back then they didn't dry age the ribeye. They got it fresh just before cooking - the before-dinner version in Charmy's last photo.

The place I went to had some advanced salt-aging room where they showed us all the meats.  We saw how they became different cuts/flavors at different days of aging.  Also were told that 50% of all we saw would be thrown out because it could not be sold in time. 

My friend, who travels alot, agreed with that saying they made their $$$ on drinks, appetizers, and deserts...NOT the pricey meats for the most part.  Seems strange to me that you make no or little money on your most expensive item.

But what do I know about the economics of anything more advanced than a Sabret Hot Dog stand ? xD

Edited by GoldFinger1969

I love those coins. I have never seen them before in my entire life and I am glad I found your post in which you have shared pictures with us of those coins. I was searching for the reviews online for this https://www.topessaywriting.org/ website because I want to hire an essay writer from that website and while searching for it online, I found your post.

Edited by Richard Malizia