• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goldfinger Is Back (me that is, not the 1960's bad guy)
1 1

31 posts in this topic

On 5/3/2022 at 8:40 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

they didn't trust the 2.0 liters number from a few weeks ago, I guess

2 liters p/m you would have been gray.....

Glad everything was successful and you're doing well. :)

Edited by RWB

On 5/3/2022 at 10:07 PM, RWB said:

2 liters p/m you would have been gray.....Glad everything was successful and you're doing well. :)

It seemed REALLY low to me at the time, too....over a 60% reduction from a normal heart.  I think various factors can affect the measurement.

I asked the cardiologist if that was one of the lowest numbers he ever got, and he said yes.

@GoldFinger1969, I’m glad you took my jest in the spirit with which it was offered. When I had my recent gastric system surgery, I was initially rushed to the ER because my primary care physician thought it was cardiac. I am an ascending aortic aneurysm sufferer, but they keep being astounded at my cardiac capacity and cleanliness of my arteries and veins. I attribute it to sheer venom and pugnacity. 

Welcom back Gold..  Man i tell ya i was in the hospital on an emergecy gall baldder surgery and it sucked.  i think after four days of them coming in and checking on me and poking and proding and nno sleep because they kept me up.  i told the doctor when he came in the next morning to get me the heck out of here.  I told him i now know why people die in here its because they dont let you alone!!  so i was sprung that night with all of the drain tubes and everything and finally got a good nights sleep!  So i am glad you are doing better and get some rest bud!

On 5/5/2022 at 3:09 PM, JT2 said:

Welcom back Gold..  Man i tell ya i was in the hospital on an emergecy gall baldder surgery and it sucked.  i think after four days of them coming in and checking on me and poking and proding and nno sleep because they kept me up.  i told the doctor when he came in the next morning to get me the heck out of here.  I told him i now know why people die in here its because they dont let you alone!!  so i was sprung that night with all of the drain tubes and everything and finally got a good nights sleep!  So i am glad you are doing better and get some rest bud!

Hey! That was mine too! I went 72 hours with not even a sip of water. 

On 5/5/2022 at 4:09 PM, JT2 said:

Yeah, waking me up at 2 AM and 6 AM for blood pressure checks and IV's and was unreal.

But it's all for my benefit.  Can't say enough about the surgeons and the post-op team.  Going back in 6-7 weeks with some treats for them all and lots of thanks.

UPDATE:  Been a month since the operation....doing MUCH BETTER.  Sutures out...chest healing...getting stronger.  Can drive in another week or so, OK to be in passenger seat with it angled back and pushed back so I don't take the full brunt of any airbag deployment.

Most importantly, for some reason they had me on Pepcid 2x daily to prevent stomach problems when I wasn't eating right after the surgery.  They STILL kept me on it 3 weeks later when I've been home a few weeks eating food with all my medicines.  Once I dropped it a week ago, my stomach/appetite seemed to have bounced back nicely.  Wish they had done it 3 weeks earlier, no need to keep taking it once I was eating food. >:(

Again....if somebody you know feels winded, side/chest pains, difficulty going up stairs or walking inclines.....but NO blockage (>70%) that a stent can solve....mention HOCM/HCM to your doctor/cardiologist.