• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Over Zealous Die Polishing Going On At The
2 2

10 posts in this topic

[Just seeing this for the first time. I have to admit, publicly, come what may, that I dislike 👎 these computer-generated fonts and images so much that my thumb instinctively moved to the Trash button on the display to remove this entire desecration from my view failing to realize, much to my horror, that everything was hideously magnified by doing so. Possible die crack? Sorry, but I didn't loiter about long enough to investigate. God's honest truth!]

The diagonal line is not from polishing. Keep thinking

Edited by RWB

On 6/15/2022 at 10:54 PM, Errorists said:

Could be a die dent.

Is that like "Pepsodent" or a "fender dent" or "Arthur Dent?" Keep thinking.

On 6/16/2022 at 12:08 PM, Errorists said:

Just a new Modern VAM.

VAM is the acronym used to to describe Morgan and Peace Dollars varieties. It has nothing to do with modern nickels or any other modern series for that matter.  Please don't confuse new collectors with made up terms that make no sense.

On 6/16/2022 at 12:40 PM, Oldhoopster said:

VAM is the acronym used to to describe Morgan and Peace Dollars varieties. It has nothing to do with modern nickels or any other modern series for that matter.  Please don't confuse new collectors with made up terms that make no sense.

Well, acronyms stand for something, right? Oops, I forgot. You're going to tell me to Duckduckgo-it. Fine, I willl...

Okay, here we are... Van Allen and Mallis. I do hope my use of band-width contributed to the broad body of knowledge out there.  😉