• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trade days
1 1

37 posts in this topic

On 4/23/2022 at 4:43 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Love those U.S-Occupied Philippines coins. Nice! :cool:

Anything else interesting HH? 

He had all kinds cool stuff. Had some those british large pennies. The one with the woman and older ones with the man. Had a couple libertads, pesos, various tokens. Had some French coins with roosters. Not the gold roosters but I think 10 francs maybe. Hundreds of others i havent a clue about.  He gonna come over tomorrow evening and we gonna go thru them better. If I see more interesting coins ill post them. He gave me a couple coca cola tokens. He had several. Ill post one. Also a flipping coin. Its kinda dirty to post on here. Heads and tails type coin with a woman and you get the picture. He told me to pick the ones im interested in and hed sale them to me cheap. Hes not a collector. He just bought to flip. RoundPhoto_Apr232022_170441.thumb.png.02c192722da826ab4b4cf2fa743f7c30.pngRoundPhoto_Apr232022_170408.thumb.png.003e3f9141446bcc594967f347eb1b47.png

On 4/23/2022 at 4:34 PM, DWLange said:

Thats a very impressive collection. They are very neat. Thanks for sharing. I may try to buy the one above off him. Whats a good price to pay? Its got a small amount of damage. Rim dings mostly. 

On 4/23/2022 at 5:07 PM, Hoghead515 said:

Its kinda dirty to post on here. Heads and tails type coin with a woman and you get the picture.

Yeah, I've seen them but never picked one up. I do have a few with similar connotations though. I'll have to post more filpper's on Tuesday, haven't had a lot of time lately to be on here or enjoy my collection. :( 

1102566060_Heads-Copy.JPG.26f9fe73c929a7274fde23a19174316f.JPG

699718639_Tails-Copy.JPG.2b715ba8ca755f1de4ab1ff971327bce.JPG

On 4/23/2022 at 4:44 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Yeah, I've seen them but never picked one up. I do have a few with similar connotations though. I'll have to post more filpper's on Tuesday, haven't had a lot of time lately to be on here or enjoy my collection. :( 

1102566060_Heads-Copy.JPG.26f9fe73c929a7274fde23a19174316f.JPG

699718639_Tails-Copy.JPG.2b715ba8ca755f1de4ab1ff971327bce.JPG

I have seen a lot of adult themed silver rounds recently. Some are adult, and some are XXX. I guess they try anything to create a premium on a silver round. 

On 4/23/2022 at 4:52 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Those things are everywhere! Nothing but a novelty item or a gag gift, there's probably people that collect them though. doh! I'd like to see that custom registry set. :whatthe:

lol

I can hardly wait for the discussion with the Chief Judge if someone exhibits them at an ANA show. Count me among the libertarian cadre on that’n. 

On 4/26/2022 at 7:05 AM, thebeav said:

What is 'trade days' ?  Is that a store ?

Its like a giant yard sale. They have it every year. Thousands of vendors set up and sell things. Or they trade for things also if they want to. You can bout find anything you want there. Antiques, tools, animals, furniture, etc.  Used and new stuff. It usually last a whole weekend. 

On 4/26/2022 at 7:40 AM, Hoghead515 said:

You can bout find anything you want there. Antiques, tools, animals, furniture, etc.  Used and new stuff. It usually last a whole weekend. 

Great place to take a magnet to the "rare coins" on offer.... :)

Many small towns have similar events often sponsored by a local charity. If you live in Minnesota and are moving to Arizona, it's a good place to sell your 5 snow blowers, and the 500 square yards of extra strong mosquito netting. In England they are called a "jumbles sale" and often a church parish or local Council event.

On 4/28/2022 at 6:29 AM, Moxie15 said:

Around here they have town wide yard sales. Canaan has theirs on May 7

They also have a state wide sale down here once a year. Call it US60 yardsale. Yard sales from one end of state to other on US60 in ky. 

On 4/28/2022 at 9:24 AM, Hoghead515 said:

They also have a state wide sale down here once a year. Call it US60 yardsale. Yard sales from one end of state to other on US60 in ky. 

So....every year people up and down US 60 exchange unwanted items with each other, then trade them back the next year.... curious. How long does it take for great-grandma's 5-lb flat iron to travel from one end to the other? (Just kidding.)

On 4/28/2022 at 5:42 PM, VKurtB said:

World’s Longest Yard Sale

www.127yardsale.com

Thats like what US 60 yard sale is. But its just East and West across Ky. We travel it almost everyday. Its 5 mins from the house. When its yardsale time the traffic is horrible. Its pretty neat to look around but if you got to go somewhere in a hurry then its awful. I looked up the 127 yardsale and it happens at the very same time as the 60 sale. 

On 4/28/2022 at 6:23 PM, Hoghead515 said:

Thats like what US 60 yard sale is. But its just East and West across Ky. We travel it almost everyday. Its 5 mins from the house. When its yardsale time the traffic is horrible. Its pretty neat to look around but if you got to go somewhere in a hurry then its awful. I looked up the 127 yardsale and it happens at the very same time as the 60 sale. 

The intersection of the two highways must be completely off the hook. 

On 4/28/2022 at 7:24 PM, VKurtB said:

The intersection of the two highways must be completely off the hook. 

Id say its awful trying to travel it. Almost impossible. Theres always several wrecks around here each year. People shopping from the road. Someone hit my sisters car a couple years ago.  Backed into her while trying to backup looking at another vendors table and not looking behind them. It didnt do hardly any damage. Just a couple scratches so they just let it go without getting insurance involved. 

On 4/23/2022 at 3:54 PM, Hoghead515 said:

...Its got piles of coins we cant identify....

If you have a smartphone, check out the "Coinoscope" Ap.  The app uses your phones camera to take a pic of the coin and compares them to a coin database to identify the coin.  It also shows some listings for similar coins to try to give you an idea of value.  I am not sure if it is 100% accurate, but it was a starting point for me to know the coin's origin.

On 4/28/2022 at 7:32 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

If you have a smartphone, check out the "Coinoscope" Ap.  The app uses your phones camera to take a pic of the coin and compares them to a coin database to identify the coin.  It also shows some listings for similar coins to try to give you an idea of value.  I am not sure if it is 100% accurate, but it was a starting point for me to know the coin's origin.

I actually downloaded that app a long time ago. I forgot all about it. I never used it much but it will be a good time to try it. Thank you my friend for reminding me about it. 

On 4/28/2022 at 7:32 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

It's also a good way to see if there are outstanding warrants for your neighbors, or if the lady on the next bar stool is collectible.

On 4/29/2022 at 9:19 AM, RWB said:

It's also a good way to see if there are outstanding warrants for your neighbors, or if the lady on the next bar stool is collectible.

I actually have seen several of my neighbors mugshots on a website called jail tracker. One neighbor has 7 DUIs. He just got caught again last week. He will do some time after this one. He pulled almost a year after the last one. Some people never learn. Hes a really nice guy. Hate to see him get in trouble but maybe our road will be safer. Maybe he wont run off the road and go through my garden this year. He usually does sometimes. His vehicels are usually on their top more than on their tires. Hes got several mugshots on jailtracker. Hes a very good hearted person but drinks and drives to much. Hes broke more bones than Evel Kinevel. Lumii_20220429_133715500.thumb.jpg.e1f261a053edd501042afdf58342cf59.jpg

Edited by Hoghead515

On 4/29/2022 at 4:22 PM, RWB said:

Is that him squeezing out of a roll-over....or is he merely searching for his bottle?

That was my other neighbor making sure he wasnt still in it. He was already long gone. 

He broke his neck in another crash a few years ago. He had to wear a big halo that was screwed into his head. It bout killed him. Everyone thought he would quit drinking after that one. First day out of the hospital he was drinking beer out of a straw because he couldnt turn the can up far enough to get the last drink out. The same evening he ran his wheelchair over a bank and messed him up again. 

Everyone around here likes him. Hes a really good hearted person. He would give anyone the shirt right off his back. He would do without to help someone else. Hes a good friend. But everyone is always annoyed when he gets on a good one because they never know what curve they will meet him in. Were also afraid hes gonna kill himself one of these days. Maybe after this next stretch in jail he will quit getting out and driving.  Heres a picture of him. Lumii_20220429_191243283.thumb.jpg.3b7564b1b61aaeba8c19f977bc59fffb.jpg

Edited by Hoghead515

On 4/29/2022 at 7:18 PM, Hoghead515 said:

Were also afraid hes gonna kill himself one of these days.

Hog:  I worked 5 years as an Alcohol/Drug Counselor for Union County, Oregon.  I had more loses than wins so don't get your hopes up.  Pray; that's all you can do.

On 4/29/2022 at 7:40 PM, Alex in PA. said:

Hog:  I worked 5 years as an Alcohol/Drug Counselor for Union County, Oregon.  I had more loses than wins so don't get your hopes up.  Pray; that's all you can do.

We all hate to see him go to jail but all the neighbors are hoping if he does it will help him. We all pray for him all the time. Every time I went to church someone will remember him in prayer. This may be the way our prayers are answered. The last stretch he pulled in jail helped for a while. He went a while without drinking. He went even longer without driving. His courage finally built back up again. Ive not got a thing aginst people drinking. I will drink a few every once in a while. Bucky takes it to extremes. He will get on drunks for a month at a time everyday. Be drunk by 5 am in the morning. And cant drive a bit sober and thats the first thing he wants to do when he gets a few in him. He accidently burned his house down about 5 years ago. Passed out cooking deer meat. His family lost everything they had. Our community all got together and we all donated money to get materials and build him a new one. Thats how much we all care about him. Were all just hoping he will clean out this time.