• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trade days
1 1

37 posts in this topic

On 4/29/2022 at 6:01 PM, VKurtB said:

Any truth to the idea that in Kentucky a guy with 8 DUI’s qualifies as an AA sponsor?

Thats not counting all the PI's also. 

On 4/29/2022 at 8:35 PM, VKurtB said:

At least it could be worse. You could be in Alabama. These folks can’t drive worth a lick, stone cold sober. The auto insurance rates here prove it. Almost double what they were in Pennsylvania. The utterly insane highway designs contribute. We’ve got a Mazda/Toyota joint venture going in here, and the rumor is that the car’s software goes into “God mode” when you say, “Hey Siri, hold m’beer, Imma try sumpin’.”

Sounds like around here also. Ive seen some crazy stuff around here. 

Edited by Hoghead515

On 4/23/2022 at 3:54 PM, Hoghead515 said:

My neighbor went to trade days and  just bought a box of around 500 world coins in flips . Its got piles of coins we cant identify. This is one that caught our eye. What is it and whys it say U.S. on it? Thank you for the help. RoundPhoto_Apr232022_154656.thumb.png.214f75a70087ac4df2e6f4e6c5ceabc2.png

RoundPhoto_Apr232022_154734.thumb.png.8c1af80c901a9f81f7f73a60ecd16b22.png

Here's a few my Dad left me. Twenties and the ten Centavos ring like silver but they're not coin silver I don't think. Redbook doesn't say but the Peso rings well.

WIN_20220501_16_32_36_Pro.jpg

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

The fineness of the USA/Philippine coins was reduced in 1907 from the original .900 to .800 for the peso and .750 for the fractionals. That's why they may ring differently.

On 4/29/2022 at 8:46 PM, Hoghead515 said:

Sounds like around here also.

Don't let @VKurtB fool you.  Pennsylvania drivers leave a lot to be desired.  They need to go to Alaska and get a course in Winter driving.  Two inches of snow and the highways are cleged with wrecks.  My sister, a born and bred Pennsylvanian, is the worst driver I've ever seen.  I wish she would convert to being Amish and drive a horse and buggy  but then we'd probably end up with horse steaks for supper!  :roflmao:

On 5/3/2022 at 8:16 AM, Alex in PA. said:

Don't let @VKurtB fool you.  Pennsylvania drivers leave a lot to be desired.  They need to go to Alaska and get a course in Winter driving.  Two inches of snow and the highways are cleged with wrecks.  My sister, a born and bred Pennsylvanian, is the worst driver I've ever seen.  I wish she would convert to being Amish and drive a horse and buggy  but then we'd probably end up with horse steaks for supper!  :roflmao:

Lol. Sounds like my sisters driving. She usually has me back her car out of the driveway.