• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1650 Leeuwendaaler ( Lion Dollar)
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I would like to get this graded by NGC with the New York Lion Dollar label. However, I’m not sure to submit as an ancient or just a regular process. Any comments would be appreciated and is it worth getting graded in the first place

519518E3-30DB-4923-9874-4E76CACAB5ED.jpeg

BBCC921F-784F-4AEE-BB6D-A1C31E33CAC8.jpeg

It won't straight grade. Worth sending in if you just want it in a holder. I often send very old coins in that I don't expect to grade because my collection, other than medals, is in slabs. 

I sent my lion in as foreign. It came back details, but it has character, as does yours.

BTW, I'm no expert on these so I'm assuming it's genuine. Good luck.

Thank you for your insight. I’m looking for authenticity verification. I’m told this was minted in Utrecht, however, my research has yet to reveal how this is determined. One resource said the mint mark was “shield”. I have no idea what they’re talking about. Would you know how to Identify the mint?

On 4/16/2022 at 10:45 AM, LINCOLNMAN said:

It won't straight grade. Worth sending in if you just want it in a holder. I often send very old coins in that I don't expect to grade because my collection, other than medals, is in slabs. 

I sent my lion in as foreign. It came back details, but it has character, as does yours.

BTW, I'm no expert on these so I'm assuming it's genuine. Good luck.