• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cherry Pickers Post
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Hi all , Kind of a neat find in my Daughters coin jug. On this 1995  we have a bit of a offset strike and the letters got stretched out on the high spot . It makes the letters look like they have horns. The S has a split serif like a DD. It also caused the same effect on the reverse. No match ups on Variety Vista but I wanted to post it and see if anyone knows if there is a particular name for this type of strike.  





Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/3/2022 at 6:16 PM, ldhair said:

I believe a worn die created this look.

Thank you for your input Idhair. I have seen this before on other coins and I agree it is a worn die. I was just wondering if anyone had maybe seen a reference or a name for it. I guess we will just call it what it is, Die Deterioration. Thanks 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1