• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First Year Seated Liberty Dollar NEWP
1 1

16 posts in this topic

On 3/30/2022 at 10:35 PM, zadok said:

...very nice mint state coin......while there r several complete sets of Liberty Seated dollars out there , very diff to find nice orig uncleaned examples.....

You are an astute grader.  It is MS 61 but looks 62 or 63 quality.   Well struck, smooth surfaces and nice toning.

Edited by Walkerfan

On 3/31/2022 at 12:54 PM, Walkerfan said:

You are an astute grader.  It is MS 61 but looks 62 or 63 quality.   Well struck, smooth surfaces and nice toning (may not be first skin, but is still attractive).

....its what i used to do.....while coin grading is not an empirical science (nor should it be) it does has its metrics...to paraphrase potter, "one knows an original coin when one sees one"...or something like that.....

On 3/31/2022 at 2:18 PM, zadok said:

....its what i used to do.....while coin grading is not an empirical science (nor should it be) it does has its metrics...to paraphrase potter, "one knows an original coin when one sees one"...or something like that.....

Wow-I didn't know that you were a grader. 

Interesting and good to know.

I agree with your remarks concerning grading, itself. 

Also, thanks for the insight and opinion regarding my Seated dollar.  

It's positive qualities hit me, at once.  

Edited by Walkerfan

On 3/31/2022 at 2:24 PM, Walkerfan said:

Wow-I didn't know that you were a grader. 

Interesting and good to know.

I agree with your remarks concerning grading, itself. 

Also, thanks for the insight and opinion regarding my Seated dollar.  

It's positive qualities hit me, at once.  

And go back up thread and see who blew the grade on the low side. Aaaaaagain 

On 3/31/2022 at 3:28 PM, Walkerfan said:

Don't worry.  I noticed that immediately.  Just didn't feel the need to call him out.  

Yes. I always do. He’s earned it. Multiple times over. 

[As Archie Bunker said to his wife, Edith:  "You done good! You done good!"  Strong strike on the reverse, chatter noticeably absent, sharp, distinct features, particularly the dentil-work and, best of all, a nice even color made possible with your discriminating palate.  There may be others out there, but not like this one. This one's special!]   (thumbsu

Edited by Quintus Arrius
Closing bracket added.