• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone have a copy of any of the 7 books (or brochures) from the Tyrant Collection?

17 posts in this topic

On 3/24/2022 at 5:01 PM, Zebo said:

If so, what do you think of them? $10 for each of the seven books. Pick and choose? 

He just disclosed his identity, right ?  His claim to fame is lots of high-end coins I believe.

Go for it....I have a small number of Auction Catalogs.

Reminds me of the 100 greatest books, a lot of eye candy with a small amount of information. Nice to have all of them handy to compare in one book, I guess.

On 3/24/2022 at 6:49 PM, Zebo said:

Reminds me of the 100 greatest books, a lot of eye candy with a small amount of information. Nice to have all of them handy to compare in one book, I guess.

Outside of Roger Burdette's Saints book, for current information on Saints the best thing out there is the auction archived over at HA which basically is a compendium of all the auction catalogs of recent vintage.

Still like reading Bower's book on DE's and Akers/Ambio on Gold Coins, but those are both dated. :o

Edited by GoldFinger1969

On 3/25/2022 at 4:28 AM, RWB said:

I have the Seven Pillars of Wisdom but not the Seven Books of Tyrant.

;)

Also, have this book, and to be honest, it's a pretty interesting one. I try to read books of different genres as often as I can because reading is good for self-development. Also, it is important for me to have good writing skills, and reading is one of the keys to success. Not long ago, I needed to get the help of https://paperell.net/scholarship-essay-writing-service because I faced writing troubles, and using the scholarship essay writing service I thought would be the best idea. But still, I can't use such help each time, so that I read a lot, practice a lot, and I'm sure I'll improve my skills.

Edited by SamuelBraswell

On 3/24/2022 at 5:00 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

He just disclosed his identity, right ?  His claim to fame is lots of high-end coins I believe.

Go for it....I have a small number of Auction Catalogs.

In this case, saying only that his claim to fame is “lots of high-end coins” is still a gross understatement of the nature of his collection and the care he has taken with it.

Owner of the collection has apparently been a faithful custodian of the coins, and has also shared some of the visual excitement of the coins with collectors. Those actions are to be commended.

On 3/24/2022 at 6:49 PM, Zebo said:

Not the one for world coinage.  It's a bizarre list with a lot of undistinguished coins in it.  I don't own it but have seen the list online.

On 7/29/2022 at 10:43 AM, VKurtB said:

I have what I believe is the full seven volumes (brochure size format) of the Tyrant Collection     

How are the images - high quality? About how large are the images? I’m mainly interested in the THE TYRANTS OF THE THAMES booklet and maybe the US Type book.

thanks

Edited by Zebo

On 7/30/2022 at 7:05 AM, MarkFeld said:

In this case, saying only that his claim to fame is “lots of high-end coins” is still a gross understatement of the nature of his collection and the care he has taken with it.

I haven't seen as much in articles and the media/internet on Tyran as I have with Simpson.  Just sayin'........:)

On 7/31/2022 at 1:42 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

I haven't seen as much in articles and the media/internet on Tyran as I have with Simpson.  Just sayin'........:)

Maybe you should check it out and stop selling it short.

https://www.thetyrantcollection.com

https://www.money.org/tyrant-collection

On 7/31/2022 at 7:29 AM, MarkFeld said:

Maybe you should check it out and stop selling it short.

Thanks for the links.....I never "sold it short".....I just haven't seen as much media focus as on other high-end collections and/or purchases.

On 7/31/2022 at 10:54 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Thanks for the links.....I never "sold it short".....I just haven't seen as much media focus as on other high-end collections and/or purchases.

Tyrant collection is a lot more comprehensive because it includes a large number of non-US coins.  Of those I know, it's the most equivalent to prominent collections from the past though not as broad.

I have been trying to find someone who has them or knows where they can be found, but so far I am unsuccessful. If you know where they are please let me know. Thank you! I would also like to suggest you to visit link where you will be able to find the real reviews about resume writers for help in your resume.